Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #26
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedawg
Maybe check out this site. www.bushisantichrist.com
Read the correspondence toward the bottom of that page, people, and tell me religion isn't dangerous. For these people, everything breaks down into this bedtime story vision of reality in which on one hand you've got the good guys (that's them), and on the other hand you've got the bad guys (that's everybody else). George Bush loves Jesus, ergo George Bush is one of the good guys, ergo George Bush can do no wrong. QED.

These are grown adults operating in a mentality and worldview that people should be getting over about the time they stop watching the Power Rangers. And they are the people who elected the President the last two times around, and may elect the next one as well.

What we need is not Jesus's sweet salvation. It's for humanity to grow the fuck up and start living by at least the most basic of the principles it so noisesomely professes - that you don't just kill people without provocation. Not even when the President's invisible friend gives him the green light.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #27
Wormboy

I wonder why all ufo sitings occur in backwater towns, hicktowns, and otherwise redneckfilled locals?

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 AM   #28
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
I wonder why all ufo sitings occur in backwater towns, hicktowns, and otherwise redneckfilled locals?
..and also mostly in North America. The rest of the world must be boring to the little grey men..

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #29
How Low Can You Go Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
It's because the rest of the world, with their "rudimentary schooling" refuses to know the truth. They'll hastily chalk it up to, say, an airplane, a frisbee, something in their eye, the moon, or any number of ridiculous "explanations" for the unknown.

It's only in Bucktoothville, where people aren't "educated" or "fancified" to the point that they refuse to believe the important shit, where the real truth is. There and the alternative media.
How Low Can You Go Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #30
Kanedawg

I have seen weird things a few times and am not a UFO fanatic. A couple of them turned out to have logical explanations. One such example was in a high plains New Mexico town called Edgewood. I saw what looked exactly like an old-school Klingon battle cruiser, flying low and evidently small. The trouble was that it sounded like a lawnmower! They do test experimental aircraft in that area I later learned. Have had a couple of other less explainable sightings, too. One was a little cluster of silvery egg-shaped objects while walking home from school in Los Alamos, California. They passed fairly low and silently overhead and shot across the far horizon in seconds. Would later see that type on a show about UFO sightings.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 AM   #31
CptSternn

Ceno -

The Bible says that the masses of 'mystery babylon' are misled by the anti-christ, and they follow him thinking they are following the teachings of the true God. So if the masses are following anyone and appear to be doing so in the name of God, thats a dead give away.

Another interesting factoid about the anti-christ - when he first takes power he is not well liked, until there is a huge national tragedy which brings the country together. The tragedy is then memorialised and people from around the world come to view the memorial.

I'm not making this up - look it up.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
Cen0bite

Yeah..i was gonna say that yesterday, but i couldn't get the words out right. heh.
I know what you're trying to say Cpt.
I went to church my whole life, i know the whole story very well.
I even read those ridiculous Left Behind books when i was like 12.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote