Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #5676
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Well, you're obviously not starving and MANY people are. You've got a roof over your head and your parents are pretty much paying your way.

[packs a bowl and passed the bong]
(sniffs the bong water, and with a frown dumps bong water into sink and replaces with vodka)

Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #5677
korinna5555

I haven't been stoned in a year and a half, and I have EI asthma, as well as severe back problems.
Just a tip, Oph.. leave me the fuck alone. I am not in the mood for your patronizing attitude.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #5678
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
(sniffs the bong water, and with a frown dumps bong water into sink and replaces with vodka)
HAHA.

THC is alcohol soluble.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #5679
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I haven't been stoned in a year and a half, and I have EI asthma, as well as severe back problems.
Just a tip, Oph.. leave me the fuck alone. I am not in the mood for your patronizing attitude.
In what way is that a tip? It's more of a request, really.
And that wasn't even all that caustic, it's just true. YOU ASKED about perspective, and since this is a public forum, I answered you.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #5680
Delkaetre

I'm tired. I'm just so tired.
Of all this. Of the bickering, the childishness, the politics.
This site, the people around me. The idle sniping and unpleasantness. The monotony of every day, each breath taking us closer to the end.
I'm so tired.
I'm not giving up. I'm scared to. I can't quit things, because I'll feel everyone's disappointment and know that I gave up when I could have worked harder. But I feel no energy, nothing to carry me forward and let me create my own path. There's nothing worth it.
This planet is poisoned and the people are tainted. There is nothing that's truly beautiful any more, everything is infected with death and disease and criticism and I know, oh I know that I add to it.
But I can't help it. I'm trapped in this same rut as the rest of you, you poisonous people.
And I'm just so tired.

I don't want your 'it's not so bad' responses, or your 'get some perspective' comments, or your sympathy or your pity or your distaste. Because I know it's there already. I know how you react. None of you are original any more, none of you offer me anything new or beautiful. Those that did are fading, old memories like pressed, dead flowers. There are no roses, blooming bright and alive. Just dried up memories.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #5681
Solumina

So get off your butt and do something. Take up a cause and champion it, there are tons of people and things that desperately need an advocate (abuse victims, orphans, the victims of tragedies, those with disabilities, victims of classism/racism/sexism/whatever-ism, endangered animals, the planet itself, the list is nearly endless), you clearly have the intelligence to be able to be able to learn and understand the facts that surround a cause, you just have to do it, even if that means sacrificing some of your own time. So do your part and make this world a little less poisoned.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #5682
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
This site, the people around me. The idle sniping and unpleasantness. The monotony of every day, each breath taking us closer to the end.
I'm so tired.
I'm not giving up. I'm scared to. I can't quit things, because I'll feel everyone's disappointment and know that I gave up when I could have worked harder. But I feel no energy, nothing to carry me forward and let me create my own path. There's nothing worth it.
This planet is poisoned and the people are tainted. There is nothing that's truly beautiful any more, everything is infected with death and disease and criticism and I know, oh I know that I add to it.
But I can't help it. I'm trapped in this same rut as the rest of you, you poisonous people.
And I'm just so tired.

I don't want your 'it's not so bad' responses, or your 'get some perspective' comments, or your sympathy or your pity or your distaste. Because I know it's there already. I know how you react. None of you are original any more, none of you offer me anything new or beautiful. Those that did are fading, old memories like pressed, dead flowers. There are no roses, blooming bright and alive. Just dried up memories.
I have come to the same conclusion after 52 years of observation of this planet, and it doesn't get any better. So in my humble opinion I may as well spend time with others who feel the same bloody way, except that one up competition and sniping gets in the way of a perfectly gloomy melancholy.

BUT...as far as your comment: "There is nothing that's truly beautiful any more", I just look at my grandson and I see beauty. I tremble in fear of the world he will grow into , and of what may become of him, but for now, his smile and the smiles of other children are beautiful.

But the rest of the world sucks.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #5683
raggedyanne

Quote:
I'm so tired.
And I'm just so tired.

Just take some time away from the site to do what you think you need in order to regain your peace with the world.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #5684
Methadrine

Quote:
I'm so tired.
And I'm just so tired.

I see 'The Great Sadness' has got you too.

A people come to this
Beyond the age of reason
A people fed on famine
A people on their knees and
A people eat each other
A people stand in line
Waiting for another war and
Waiting for my Valentine

For a million empty faces
For a million hollow smiles
Cancer for my education
Watch the body hit the files
Waiting for another war and
Waiting for my Valentine

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:01 AM   #5685
TheBloodEternity

I have an awful headache.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 AM   #5686
LiUsAiDh

I'm on the second day of my two and a half month summer holiday, and I'm already bored as hell. Argh

Sadface.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #5687
raggedyanne

Stupid doctors have decided that I'm seven months along instead of six and a half. Thanks for telling me NOW!At least I'll get back into school earlier. Also, they phoned yesterday to tell me that the results of the test I had taken a month ago came in two weeks ago saying that I was anemic! Stupid incompetant medical staff.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #5688
HumanePain

Global Suckage has reached epic proportions today.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #5689
Solumina

Not that I doubt it, but how so?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #5690
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Global Suckage has reached epic proportions today.
Do explain
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #5691
HumanePain

I'm just whining about the World abusing me from multiple directions, career wise, financially, family. One of those days when you try not to think about all your problems at once, but they all keep freakin' REMINDING ME!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #5692
Solumina

I'm sorry, if I could I'd give you batch of cookies and a big hug
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #5693
Paigeybobert

I fucking hate the gothic.net picture uploader thing. It pisses me the fuck off.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #5694
Solumina

I'm sorry, what exactly is the problem that you're having with it?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #5695
raggedyanne

In response to Humane:

Hugs!!!!! Make a list of every little thing that is bothering you, and I mean every single thing. It helps to see what is making your life difficult and try to find a pattern. It also helps just to write things out instead of bottling them up.

I did that the other day and realized that it all stemmed from confusion over both people thinking the other wanted more space. So we agreed to just take a day or two to do our own things and my little corner the world is calm again. At least until someone forgets to organize the silverware correctly. For the record, butter knives to not go with diner knives, which are never placed with the knife used for cutting fruit!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #5696
HumanePain

Thanks for the hugs Solumina and raggedyanne. You ladies are sweet.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #5697
raggedyanne

MMmmm, like chocolate fudge. Why is there no fudge!?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #5698
KontanKarite

Ok... "spiritual" people, seriously, your mysticism stops where reality starts. Once you try to apply your "magic" to the physical world, you look like a damn idiot. Thank you. Prayer and spells do NOT make shit come out of thin air.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #5699
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Pigs with no sense of social etiquette!!! If I make you all pizzas since the cook has to go to hospital and I say one slice and piece of garlic bread each until we've made sure that everyone has had one, and then you eat all 6 fucking pizzas, with some people eating as many as 5 slices on the first go and 3 pieces of garlic bread that is not on becauses it leaves me with no dinner despite the fact I FUCKING COOKED IT!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #5700
raggedyanne

That's messed up!
Closed Thread