Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
CandyKorns

In "Gothic" news...

I wasn't quit sure where I should have posted this but anyway, I found some fragrance oil for my oil burner called "Gothic Church", it smells really good too. I know I'm probably going to get criticized to hell and back for this...
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
Signe

Hmm... ...Well, the "gothic" part is good, though the "church" part is a bit ominous! And yeah there are bitches here who might criticize you, but personally I prefer open, honest discussions, eithout personal attacks. Personally, I like to mix pure oils with some thick oil and use it is the bath/shower and then wash it off, so much better than those crappy smelly perfumes!

When it comes to inscense, though, well, I like inscense too, though I have not really used it much lately. I have a snake in my room and I try to be polite to it by not getting my room all smokey and smelly. I have lots of inscence stuff, though, but I can not say what is my favourite... ...Hmm... ...Inscence usually smells kind of like spices or flowers or something like that, personally, I prefer things that smell like tar or liquorice.

What is in Gothic Church?
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
tickingstitch

I get inscense from this India Temple, the have no chemicals at all and it smells so pure and intoxicating, they are called maslaya inscense but there is a wide vairtey of differant types...

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
stompyhank

I love incense. ^^

I like to experiment buying different kinds.. my dad has a lot of neat kinds mostly made from tree sap. Also, try burning cinnamon. It's amazing..
stompyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Clockwork

I wonder who actually uses the stuff for prayer anymore.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
dark_dragon_of_ice

Those crazy Wiccans.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

And witches...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
Tha Duckman

And hippies...
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
stompyhank

Erm, I'm into witchcraft.. and am somewhat of a hippie. I do use incense in ritual, not nessicarily (fuck, I can't spell) for prayer, though.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
Tha Duckman

I like pointing and laughing at Wiccans. It's great to see them get on their high horse.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
tickingstitch

Tree Sap, interesting I should try that... Where can you get them?
Hindus do too...

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
stompyhank

I don't think they're that common, he got them at an occult store many years ago.. so sadly I can't give you any pointers. They are very interesting though, I didn't expect to like them, but I did... Cedar, for example, is very nice, I'd recommend that.

Also, I'm not Wiccan, in case that was pointed towards me. I have studied Wicca, but am merely a witch, not a Wiccan. If I was, I wouldn't get on my "high horse", either.. I think some of them get a bit too defensive..
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
Tha Duckman

Personally, I think it's all a bullshit attempt to be "That Person", but hey, what do I know?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
dark_dragon_of_ice

I vote we burn the witches on this thread.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
Tha Duckman

How about we all make me spaghetti instead?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #16
le_nouveau_gothique

[hmm.. I've never heard about tree sap incence... My nana used to own a spirituality shop (I know, I know) and the ONLY thing I liked about it was the incence..... That is until I found out they make it from camel faeces.

now I just laugh whenever I see people touching them =]
le_nouveau_gothique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #17
stompyhank

I dun like being burned ): You're not nice.

-makes spaghetti for Duckman- Here you go. I promise I didn't spike it with anything.

Camels are funny lookin'.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 AM   #18
stompyhank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Personally, I think it's all a bullshit attempt to be "That Person", but hey, what do I know?
For some people, yes, it is that.

I just try to be me. I like witchcraft simply because it interests me, just like the rest of the things I like. I couldn't care less if I'm "That Person", because "That Person" bores the living shit out of me.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #19
ScarletWitch

I agree wholeheartedly with stompyhawk. I used to be heavily into Wicca but I've found it...lacking. So I practice on my own and choose my own path. It's very enlightening.

I hate preachy people, of any type. I find Wiccans are no more of their high horse than Catholics, and generally Wiccans are more accepting. Just a little bit pushy though.

Also, voting for NO! in the burning of the witches in the thread please.
ScarletWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
AngelikDemonik

I had a Wiccan ex-boyfriend once...He claimed to be the 2nd rider of the apocalypse and a reincarinated witch from the 1600's. He tried getting me to become Wiccan, and join his evil "army" (pussy posse, rather) of witches, and take over the world. He also had a second row of bottom teeth and was a member of the United States Air Force. I dumped him two weeks later.

I'm not lying about any of that, by the way.

I think he was schizo.

Moral of the story: He's the only Wiccan person I've ever met, and suffice to say, I think he's a very, very, very bad representative of all Wiccans.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #21
stompyhank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I had a Wiccan ex-boyfriend once...He claimed to be the 2nd rider of the apocalypse and a reincarinated witch from the 1600's. He tried getting me to become Wiccan, and join his evil "army" (pussy posse, rather) of witches, and take over the world. He also had a second row of bottom teeth and was a member of the United States Air Force. I dumped him two weeks later.

I'm not lying about any of that, by the way.

I think he was schizo.

Moral of the story: He's the only Wiccan person I've ever met, and suffice to say, I think he's a very, very, very bad representative of all Wiccans.
Sadly, there are a lot of people out there like that, and they give Wiccans and pagans a bad name. A friend of my family went through something like that, only I don't know the details and it damaged her a lot more.. enough that she gave up Wicca, stored all her tools in the basement, and when I got into occult, she gave them all to me.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyhank
Sadly, there are a lot of people out there like that, and they give Wiccans and pagans a bad name.
It's odd how non-Wiccan Pagans do not always like Wiccans. Well, I shouldnt say we don't like them, but I've heard them be referred to as "fluff". lol Though it is true, you get one or two crazy people, and it sets a bad representation of everyone else.

CandyKorns - It sounds lovely, what herbs are used in it?
Silvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #23
Dead Angel

Well if it makes you feel any better, I don't respect any neo-pagans (or Pagans) other than those who made up their own mind back during the renaissance of Paganism from the tail end of the hippy movement's lifespan. (70's. 80's. earlly, early 90's).

IWell or so I think. Seriously, I'd like to meet some merry soul who could start spinning me head around some concepts that throw xtianity out of my brain. (I doubt I will get it thrown from my brain in next fifty years.) Yes, I hate Wiccans, but I hate stupid christians/moslems/other nimrods, like.... Jss Whedon, who can't use proper terminology more. (Double if it gets sin the public domain.)
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
Lapin

Buddhists, Shintoists, and practicians of Chinese ancestor worship still use incense in prayer.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #25
CptSternn

Catholics do as well.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote