Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #5801
Mir

Right, and my comments were intended for her to feel comfortable with, and grateful for what she has got. If she finds it insufficient, she should strive to achieve it, for ranting accomplishes nothing. Especially about not getting enough free money from her parents.

See a connection? Don't bother responding. That was a rhetorical question.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #5802
Delkaetre

Hm. $200= about £100/month for food.
If I were to actually buy ingredients instead of relying on readymeals and sandwiches (which I must because of work and my local shops closing before I get home), then I could easily manage to live on £3/day or £90/month for food.
Particularly if I were to cut out meat from my diet. And I know that food is more expensive over in the UK than the US. So it shouldn't be so very hard.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #5803
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama
I don't know what twisted view you have of her, but she doesn't drink, and it's been a year since the last time she smoked.

And I doubt the money she spends on pets would cover food.
No twisted view.
Read the picture thread, she said she wanted to "get trashed under a tree."
If she's lying about drinking, that's a whole different issue.

And no, the money wouldn't cover food, but if you can barely live, do you think it's responsible to take other animals into your care?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #5804
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I whole heartedly agree.
Oh, you guys are perverts!

My ass is outta this world, though.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #5805
Toy Killer

You know what, I'm going to rant a little bit....

The US Navy shouldn't have boats with Holes in them. The boats they do have with holes should be fixed or thrown out, and higher ups should not instuct junior personel to go out in the boat with three people, two to paint, one to pour water out. It's utter smartlessness...
Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #5806
Solumina

Actually Del that is not at all true of the area that Kor and I live in, it kind of sucks but since it is a higher income area the prices of everything are higher not to mention anything that is organic, all natural, farm fresh, free range, or in any way healthy is considered premium and has a significantly higher price, that is just how things are there. I can easily live off of $100 a month for all of my purchases (including food, gas, cosmetics, bath supplies, and the occasional treat for myself) at school but I spend about $200 at home, getting essentially the same things.

The pet thing is kind of a cheap shot, from my understanding the money for food thing is new, the pets are not, so when she took them in there wasn't a problem.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #5807
honeythorn

Korinna, with regards to veg and it's prices, have you tried growing your own? You can grow a lot of veg in big garden pots and don't need to dig beds or destroy the garden if you think your parents would object.Tomatoes, Carrots and Potatoes can all be grown in pots for example. The seeds or young plants don't cost too much, and potatoes can easily be grown from the new root protrusions of older spuds ( these are often known as eyes ) . Just slice off the skin with the roots on it and stick it in the dirt. Cover it and water. Always worked for me.

I'm sure your parents wouldn't object to easily grown organic veg surely?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #5808
Kama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No twisted view.
Read the picture thread, she said she wanted to "get trashed under a tree."
If she's lying about drinking, that's a whole different issue.

And no, the money wouldn't cover food, but if you can barely live, do you think it's responsible to take other animals into your care?
She wanted to drink mead under an oak tree on Midsummer. There is a big difference between drinking to celebrate Midsummer, and drinking to get drunk. Not only that, but she doesn't pay for her animals, so that's not a factor.

Quite frankly, I've had more than enough of your bullshit. Now I'm just pissed. And if you were in front of me right now, it would take more restraint than I have to keep from beating you to a pulp.

You seem to think you're an expert on other's personal lives. Well, considering I'm engaged to the person in question, I think I know a great fucking deal more than you do. So you can just keep being your stuck-up, poor little self.

Piss off and die. I mean that.

I hereby resign as well. I should've known no good could come of this place.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #5809
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
She wanted to drink mead under an oak tree on Midsummer. There is a big difference between drinking to celebrate Midsummer, and drinking to get drunk.
She said 'get trashed'. How can you be upset that Ophelia didn't know she actually meant 'have a sip of mead' as you seem convinced she did?

Quote:
Not only that, but she doesn't pay for her animals, so that's not a factor.
Oh, who pays for them? Her horrible parents?

Quote:
Quite frankly, I've had more than enough of your bullshit. Now I'm just pissed. And if you were in front of me right now, it would take more restraint than I have to keep from beating you to a pulp.
Threatening to beat women to a pulp over the internet. Dude, you rock.

No one should complain about the amount of free money he or she receives, especially not those who apparently don't even work.

Quote:
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #5810
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
She wanted to drink mead under an oak tree on Midsummer. There is a big difference between drinking to celebrate Midsummer, and drinking to get drunk. Not only that, but she doesn't pay for her animals, so that's not a factor.

You seem to think you're an expert on other's personal lives. Well, considering I'm engaged to the person in question, I think I know a great fucking deal more than you do. So you can just keep being your stuck-up, poor little self.

Oh, it's you.
How nice.

Anyway, she didn't say, "I wanted to celebrate Midsummer by enjoying mead."
She said "get trashed."

As for you beating me up--Um...that's childish and irresponsible, but if that's how you deal with problems, go nuts. It's not my ass in jail or on welfare.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #5811
Solumina

Okay so one of my roommates decided to go home for the weekend and apparently was not paying attention to the date cuz rent is due on the first and she didn't leave a check for rent. The real bitch of it is that our complex requites that the rent be paid in one complete payment so the money needs to be all in one account before the rent can be payed and none of us have enough extra cash to cover her part until she gets the money to us, best of all her phone is currently off. Fuck I hate people sometimes.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #5812
Anonymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Okay so one of my roommates decided to go home for the weekend and apparently was not paying attention to the date cuz rent is due on the first and she didn't leave a check for rent. The real bitch of it is that our complex requites that the rent be paid in one complete payment so the money needs to be all in one account before the rent can be payed and none of us have enough extra cash to cover her part until she gets the money to us, best of all her phone is currently off. Fuck I hate people sometimes.

Don't they usually give you until about the 4th or 5th to pay late?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #5813
Solumina

Technically we are supposed to have it in at the end of the month but they are fine with you handing it in on the first, they wont charge you for being late until the third* but they get unhappy about it (and seeing as how we just signed the lease this month we would rather not start things off badly). It isn't so much that I am seriously worried about getting the payment in on time but the fact that it didn't even occur to her to think about payments being due even though it has been mentioned about a dozen times that rent is due soon and she was even right there when Nicole asked Jake how much she owed for rent and then saw Nicole write, then hand him the check, yet she up and left town for the weekend without us having any idea until after she left.

*after the third they tack on an additional 10% as a late fee
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #5814
JCC

Quote:
Ophelia would mindfuck you into oblivion before you could even raise a pudgy fist.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #5815
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:

CLASSY! Truly, you are a person of quality.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #5816
disorder

Ahh... and we stumble upon one of the good reason's why underage drinking is bad.

SLEAZY BOYS and young innocent girls like me being young and innocent.

School on Monday is going to be preeeetttty awkward.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #5817
badteccy

Jesus christ, won't anyone hire me?
Old 06-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #5818
honeythorn

I know the feeling Badteccy :/
Old 06-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #5819
badteccy

Ya right...15 places, I think a lot has to do with my availability because I'm taking summer classes..never again, btw.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #5820
She_Is_My_Sin

I also understand how you're feeling badteccy. I've been looking for a job for two years. It pisses me off even more so because many of the places I've applied to dismiss me as I have no work experience, which is frustrating as I haven't even had the chance to work. In the past month I've applied to six places and not one of them even interviewed me. I seriously hope something turns up soon. I really don't want to make my parents pay for my foundation course.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #5821
badteccy

At first the break was nice because I could focus more on my studies, and I've been working for a long time...but this is starting to really suck ass.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #5822
She_Is_My_Sin

Don't let it overwhelm you and keep trying. I really hope things work out for you though.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #5823
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
Ahh... and we stumble upon one of the good reason's why underage drinking is bad.

SLEAZY BOYS and young innocent girls like me being young and innocent.

School on Monday is going to be preeeetttty awkward.
On Monday admit nothing, deny everything.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #5824
MollyMac

Well. A levee broke upstream a ways. Know why?

Muskrats.

"The levee broke about 5:30 a.m. Friday. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers blamed the structural collapse on pockets dug in the levee walls by muskrats."

You'd think in a Swinging to the Red state that someone in a trucker cap would have had enough Second amendment fortification to stop the muskrats before they destroyed a small town.

I know I shouldn't be laughing about it all, but I'll be fucked if it's not funny.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #5825
Miss Cogs

My family is not going camping anymore.
I was hoping to get a break from them and try to catch up on my photography.
Also, now, my mother's husband is upset with my mom claiming that she is using all the money to buy meds she needs because she was crushed by a 3,000 pound press and survived.
So she has serious medical and mental problems that meds only helps
her.
But what ticks me off, is that he doesn't own up to using any of the money for worthless reasons which I could point out two he spends money on.
Video games and alcohol.
So now he's telling everyone that he is going to move out and stuff and telling my mother to fuck off and such.
Since my mother has very low self esteem and likes to blame herself for a lot of things, she really does think its all her fault.
Which I had to get into an argument with her last night about how its not and that he's almost 50 still hasn't learned how to grow up and stop being immature and selfish.
But we'll see what happens.

Also, I just got my period and now I have two things kicking my ass, allergies and cramps.
I have to take meds for both because my cramps are abnormally painful and I have all the symptoms for allergies.
But I hate taking meds and I'm completely against it.
So I have to do that now.
Take more then I would like.
3 pain relievers and 2 allergy meds.

But whatever I guess.
I just needed to rant.
Closed Thread