Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: Should They Make a 3rd Resident Evil Movie
ONly if Edgar Allan Poe is in it 1 3.45%
No 5 17.24%
Yes 19 65.52%
Maby 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2005, 11:56 AM   #26
NoneSuch

Resident Evil 1 - Great

Resident evil 2 - an insult to the series

Its like for resident evil 2 they got tons of bits from the games/ books and smashed it together with a sledgehammer in no real order , it was just a godamn insult! they ruined the nemesis screwed over nicholi's character and messed up most of the scenes .. *cough*
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #27
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneSuch
Resident Evil 1 - Great

Resident evil 2 - an insult to the series

Its like for resident evil 2 they got tons of bits from the games/ books and smashed it together with a sledgehammer in no real order , it was just a godamn insult! they ruined the nemesis screwed over nicholi's character and messed up most of the scenes .. *cough*
I had this same rant with my bf when we saw it in the theaters..

What the FUCK did they do to Nemesis?????

The Biologically Created Uber-Destroyer, with a HEART??

WTF?

We've been playing the games for years, and the first movie was so good, we kinda thought MAYBE that would mean Res2 would be great as well..

Oh the disapointment..

Seeing Milla's nipple didn't even redeem it for me at the end of the movie..

Ugh..

She should have remained DEAD in that Helo crash..

As should the writers/producers and directors..

GAR-BAGE!!

There I feel better now..

Not really..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #28
snapdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
I consider the movies to be my guilty indulgences of the big screen. I know they completly suck from a critical standpoint, but getting to see a hot girl kill lots of things that you're not supposed to feel sorry for is just fun, even if the artistic value isn't there.

^^ I have to agree with you there. Who doesn't love seeing a hottie kick dead bodies around, hmm? I know I love it.....

But, what I want to know is, why there was only one 'Nemesis' thing? There were more than 2 in the game, right?? right?? Or was i just being delusional when I thought I had killed it for the third time?
snapdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #29
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I had this same rant with my bf when we saw it in the theaters..

What the FUCK did they do to Nemesis?????

The Biologically Created Uber-Destroyer, with a HEART??

WTF?

We've been playing the games for years, and the first movie was so good, we kinda thought MAYBE that would mean Res2 would be great as well..

Oh the disapointment..
The nemesis was my godamn role model for awhile , I've still got his figure sitting on my desk next to my computer... I loved him, unstoppable killing machine " STAAAARRRRSSSS" Where did his tentacles go in the movie ?! and why did he get stopped by some stupid bitch ... she kicked him into a metal spike and that stopped him ?!

I remember the nemesis getting up after having his head blown off and most of his limbs ripped apart.. then getting blown apart by an ion cannon but still coming and then a helicopter crashing onto him kills him in the movie ?! BAH

When I first saw him in the movie I almost creamed myself.. He looked perfect.. absoloutly perfect maybe a little plastic but they got him so right but then they screwed him up so badly )=
Old 09-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #30
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon
^^ I have to agree with you there. Who doesn't love seeing a hottie kick dead bodies around, hmm? I know I love it.....

But, what I want to know is, why there was only one 'Nemesis' thing? There were more than 2 in the game, right?? right?? Or was i just being delusional when I thought I had killed it for the third time?

*slap* Sillys Nemesis Cant Die !
Old 09-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #31
snapdragon

Quote:
*slap* Sillys Nemesis Cant Die !

O.O ... hmm..Well then. That...would certainly explain things a lot. ..
Old 09-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #32
Empty_Purple_Stars

Yeah but what really made me want to puke, was him getting all mushy and sentimental at the end of the movie, before he totally wasted her, and deciding that he was a good guy after all..

Awwww..

PUKE!!!

He wasn't Captain Snuggly in the games, why would they remove his Nutz in the movie?

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #33
NoneSuch

True..... I didnt know bioweapons could snuggle /=
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #34
snapdragon

Quote:

Hah..they really did go crazily chopping up and mutilating the bloody games in order to have spare parts for the film... Sad, really.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #35
(-$|N-)

Well to somewhat defende the movie and why he went soft is based on when he was spiked it cause him to go back to matt and disable the nemisis program which honestly sucks for a plot but explains why he went soft, he just didnt want to hurt the girl who tried save his ass. As I said Its a shitty plot but some of the action sences wernt to bad.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #36
Black Gestalt

Hell yes. Now she can kill people with her mind, heheh. More!
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #37
Shemjazza

i Have only seen the first film, and was shocked and appalled. where to beople get off, ripping Ramero (read God) so bad? i cannot list all teh blatent plageurism, but the scene at the end? Chick wiht gun in street with apocalyptically-headlined papers blowing around? is that not a little too simmilar to the beginning if 'Day of the Dead'?
if 3 comes out, I won't bother going, nothing tops 'Land' in the zombie film world.
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #38
nonfatsuperjesus

No, No and HELL NO. The first movie had nothing to do with the game. The characters in the first game seemed less stiff the "actors" in the movie. The second movie had nothing to do with anything. It was only a bad zombie move. Like the new Doom movie (most of which is shot from "doom" perspective) Hollywood is destroying good and original (a term which Hollywood no longer knows) ideas. Then us, the stupid public, go and see these unoriginal, unimaginative pieces of crap for $9 a ticket. No.
Fuck Hollywood. Fuck the over-payed actors. Fuck their stalkers and fuck those old ladies and fags would buy Hollywood magazines and watch Inside Edition.
I boycott movie theaters and download the movies I want to see, for free. I wish Ohgr would make movies. Ahhhh I can only dream.
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #39
rubedo

first off...fuck the resident evil movies...they suck and rip off scenes from random game installments(code veronica im lookin at you). the plot is terrible..they turned nemises, one of my favorite enemies into a bitch...thay made alice impossibly and stupidly powerful (mind powers?! wtf...makes me wanna cry and give up games and join a convent)...the games rock..re4 is the best the ps2 version is a sell-out version and a joke..leon s. kennedy is god---rubedo
Old 11-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #40
rubedo

game character...knot the g-net dude
Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #41
Grey Fox

I'm wiht Rubedo, and everyone, the third movie is coming out, Resident Evil afterlife. 4 was the most kick ass RE in the series, and I hope that ther could remake the 2nd and 3rd RE for the gamecube with similar controls and looks as RE4. (i know they remade them for the Gcube, just the only one they acctually made better was Re1, which was a kickass game, but they just didnt give a fuck for 2 and 3 which pissed me off)
Grey Fox is offline   Reply With Quote