Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #51
weepingblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
do yourself a favor and go to a Christian forum.
Do YOURself one and go to a bully forum. Because that is what you are. I am not scared of you, I am staying. You will not chase me away again with your meaness.
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #52
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Already tried. They didn't let me goatse them.
That makes me a sad panda.

Maybe *we* should go to a Christian forum and warm it up for her.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #53
Sinless

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepingblood
Damn right and one day you will have to answer for how you behave down here, so be a little nicer..
Sorry honey, I'm an atheist. And I'm just playing around.
Sinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #54
MollyMac

Quote:
Do YOURself one and go to a bully forum. Because that is what you are. I am not scared of you, I am staying. You will not chase me away again with your meaness.
oh no, you stood up to me...my power is... diminishing... it... ugh... an afterschool special... come to life...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Do YOURself one and go to a bully forum.
That's what this is. Goths are elitist by nature. We're even more elitist. We have run into a full circle where the smartest and the coolest and the best is not good enough so we just enjoy life and laugh at everything, and love everything that is worth loving which is everything that is not tainted by human egocentrism.
Fuck yeah.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #56
Sinless

Quote:
Jillian is just having fun too. She won't bully you if you fit into Gnet. If you are so unhappy on these forums, why do you insist on staying? If you stick aorund more, you'll see that this forum IS a bullying forum. But we bully with style.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #57
honeythorn

Quote:
Well pagans are not necessarily evil, but I cannot condone magic that does not come from God. Not everyone who does magic is evil but they are being fooled into thinking satanic magic is good, I don't believe it is. But I do not force my views on others, although if they want to find Jesus I am always willing to hlp.

Who are you to assume anyone is being " fooled" into anything? The beliefs and practices I follow are based on those that precede your religion and your devil by many thousands of years. They are equally valid and are just as good for me as christianity is for you. I chose them because I feel they are right for me. Your devil has no part in it regardless of what your bible or priest has told you. I don't believe in " satan" .

Millions of people all over the globe do magic in their own small ways. People with different faiths, and no faith at all.

"Magic" is ( I believe personally ) in everyone regardless of faith. It is free will, the strength of that will and the power of the mind. The " spirit " if you like. The same spirit and determination that people have inside them to give their lives for others, to survive harsh living conditions, to be brave in the face of disasters, to help others in need regardless of religion, simply because those people need help.

This why I dislike a great deal of what christianity supposedly " offers ". Arrogance? Superiority complexes? Brainwashing children from birth? ( and it is since they have no choice in the matter. You certainly do not need religion to instill morality and decency into a child ) Supposed eternal torture because I may have at one point said " fuck " or not claimed to have done something in the name of jesus instead of doing it because it needs doing? .

NO THANKYOU.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #58
Sinless

Quote:
That's what this is. Goths are elitist by nature. We're even more elitist. We have run into a full circle where the smartest and the coolest and the best is not good enough so we just enjoy life and laugh at everything, and love everything that is worth loving which is everything that is not tainted by human egocentrism.
Fuck yeah.
Ah, enjoying life and laughing at everything. That's how everyone should live. Laughing is so much easier and better than crying.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #59
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinless
She won't bully you if you fit into Gnet
Oh no, I would still do so. Really, is there such a thing as fitting into Gnet? How is Kontan any similar than Stormptrooper? How is Humane Pain any similar than Tha Duckman? How is Ophelia similar to Molly?
Really, the people that do 'fit' into Gnet are the ones that have nothing that makes them fit and do nothing to fit in but express their own identities without hesitation.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #60
Sinless

Quote:
They are the same thing, Mr Language Tyrant.
That's Ms to you.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #61
Godslayer Jillian

Shaddup, you gender-role-imposing sexists!

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #62
Sinless

Quote:
I don't think I am better than them because I am a gothic, I think I am better than them because I am not mean to people for no reason. I never said everything dark is great and I never said I believe in magic, I said I am a witch, it is not the same. I am also a Christian so how could I believe in magic?
You sound like a good kid, so do yourself a favor. Get off the forums before you hurt yourself. Seriously.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #63
Sinless

Quote:
Oh no, I would still do so. Really, is there such a thing as fitting into Gnet? How is Kontan any similar than Stormptrooper? How is Humane Pain any similar than Tha Duckman? How is Ophelia similar to Molly?
Really, the people that do 'fit' into Gnet are the ones that have nothing that makes them fit and do nothing to fit in but express their own identities without hesitation.
Forget what I said weepingblood! I was wrong! Fitting in won't help.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #64
weepingblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Who are you to assume anyone is being " fooled" into anything? The beliefs and practices I follow are based on those that precede your religion and your devil by many thousands of years. They are equally valid and are just as good for me as christianity is for you. I chose them because I feel they are right for me. Your devil has no part in it regardless of what your bible or priest has told you. I don't believe in " satan" .

Millions of people all over the globe do magic in their own small ways. People with different faiths, and no faith at all.

"Magic" is ( I believe personally ) in everyone regardless of faith. It is free will, the strength of that will and the power of the mind. The " spirit " if you like. The same spirit and determination that people have inside them to give their lives for others, to survive harsh living conditions, to be brave in the face of disasters, to help others in need regardless of religion, simply because those people need help.

This why I dislike a great deal of what christianity supposedly " offers ". Arrogance? Superiority complexes? Brainwashing children from birth? ( and it is since they have no choice in the matter. You certainly do not need religion to instill morality and decency into a child ) Supposed eternal torture because I may have at one point said " fuck " or not claimed to have done something in the name of jesus instead of doing it because it needs doing? .

NO THANKYOU.
1) There is no shelf life on the truth, which came first does'nt matter.
2) You may not believe in satan but people used to believe the world was flat, beliefs are not always right unless they come from God.
3) I am glad your beliefs are good for you but mine are for me too, I am not asking you to follow mine, I am not rude to you for isagreeing with me so kindly do me the same courtesy.
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #65
Sinless

Quote:
Shaddup, you gender-role-imposing sexists!
Sorry. Terribly sorry. Really. I am. Seriously. >.> Just to tell you, I'm hardly sexist. I just don't want someone to call me a Mr when I am a Ms.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #66
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Forget what I said weepingblood! I was wrong! Fitting in won't help.
But being will.
Being what?
Just plain being.
No one can be "a gothic".
No one can be a goth and be in all sincerity. Being a goth means someone liked what he saw as goth and decided to become one, altering his self.
This is not actualization, it's simply a way of cheating in finding your own identity.
This is beyond the "just be yourself" bullshit.
No one can command you to be yourself. You already are. You're just too scared to take out all your masks because you haven't seen many people do so.
You are what you are; now, what are you going to do about it?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #67
MollyMac

But those people also thought that the round earth was heresy, so pick your references with a little edu-ma-cation, will you?

Beliefs may come from god, but facts do not. Do yourself a favor and learn the difference.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #68
Sinless

Quote:
2) beliefs are not always right unless they come from God.
That's very debatable.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #69
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
beliefs are not always right unless they come from God.
OMFG that's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
That should be with the other fundamentalist quotes.
And weepingblood, I'm not picking on you right now. I'm just entirely mocking the part of you that made you say this.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #70
Sinless

Quote:
Beliefs may come from god, but facts do not. Do yourself a favor and learn the difference.
I am almost tempted to write that on the wall of the church beside my house. I couldn't agree more with you Molly. Christians (and others) seem to not know the difference.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #71
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I am almost tempted to write that on the wall of the church beside my house.
Write it on the bathroom. That's why I always carry a permanent marker.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #72
MollyMac

I scrwal it in chalk on the sidewalks and let natur take its course. most knowledge is a transient thing, anyway
Old 02-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #73
Sinless

Quote:
I scrwal it in chalk on the sidewalks and let natur take its course. most knowledge is a transient thing, anyway
On some sunny day when there is no rain to wash out the white chalk, I too, shall scrawl that on the sidewalk outside the church. And on some dark, depressing night, I may write it on the walls of the church (in chalk, of course. Not paint).
Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #74
honeythorn

Quote:
1) There is no shelf life on the truth, which came first does'nt matter.
2) You may not believe in satan but people used to believe the world was flat, beliefs are not always right unless they come from God.
3) I am glad your beliefs are good for you but mine are for me too, I am not asking you to follow mine, I am not rude to you for isagreeing with me so kindly do me the same courtesy.

1. I didn't say there was a shelf life on anything. To me there is no " truth" only the cycle of life. Not even your religion can alter or dictate the cycles of life and nature, which is held in great reverance by all earth based faiths.

2. If you think that the only beliefs that are right, are the ones that come from your god then you are frankly, deluding yourself. A vast amount of the " beliefs " and teachings in the bible , not to mention the timing and many practices used during most of the religious hoilidays of your faith, are taken from other belief systems, either using changed deity names, or simply being slightly altered to fit with the idea of christianity being practised at the time.

3. I am not being rude. I am being honest. If I was being rude your feet would not touch the ground.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #75
MollyMac

Dammit, Sinless, you fixed the typo. I liked it- "In chalk, of course. Not pain." It was weirdly poetic.