Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
AngelikDemonik

Marine throws a puppy off a cliff.

The clip is there, if you want to see it.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...iff_on_YouTube

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Valrys

Reminds me of the scene in Anchorman where Jack Black kicks a dog off a bridge.

I felt so bad about laughing at that >.>
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

I didn't. But that's fake, and this is real.

This goes against everything I usually stand for, but I hope that fucker gets shot in the stomach and bleeds out.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Beneath the Shadows

Can we put him in a catapult and launch him?!

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
AngelikDemonik

I'm with Ophelia and Beneath...this guy needs to be hurt.

I hope he gets A LOT more punishment than a dishonorable discharge (if he even gets that).

Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
Silvara

You shouldn't condemn only the Marine who tossed the puppy, but the one who decided it would be fun to film and watch him do it also!!! I can only imagine what their going to be capable of when they come back to the States. Sick bastards.
Silvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
JCC

I am vehemently against the death penalty.

But a lot of pain works.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvara
You shouldn't condemn only the Marine who tossed the puppy, but the one who decided it would be fun to film and watch him do it also!!! I can only imagine what their going to be capable of when they come back to the States. Sick bastards.
You're right, they're just as guilty as the one who threw it. Unless it can be proven that they didn't know what he was going to do. Given their reactions, however, I think it's fair to say that they knew.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Given their reactions, however, I think it's fair to say that they knew.
Most definitely. They all laughed after he threw the poor baby...

It's such a little thing, I don't know how someones heart couldnt break hearing him cry the way he did. I step on my kittens tail by accident and I feel bad. :-/
Silvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
KontanKarite

I've done my fair share of stupid redneck bullshit AS A KID, but this kind of behavior is seriously fucked up for an adult with a full facility of ethical and moral codes.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
emeraldlonewoulf

I realize that guys in combat have to harden themselves to a lot of things, just in order to survive with some hope of staying sane.

That being said, There is no fucking excuse for this from a guy stationed in HAWAII of all places. I hope to God that guy got beat to shit that night back at camp.

Fucker deserves some REAL pain.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
blackwater1110

I'm sure given that his address is posted on YouTube that he will get what he has coming. Sometimes you wonder why people say humans are the superior life form.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #13
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
I realize that guys in combat have to harden themselves to a lot of things, just in order to survive with some hope of staying sane.

That being said, There is no fucking excuse for this from a guy stationed in HAWAII of all places. I hope to God that guy got beat to shit that night back at camp.

Fucker deserves some REAL pain.

Hawaii? There are factors in the service that can lower the quality of life no matter where you're at. I heard we had a base in Heaven. I also heard that it's one of the worst billings you can get. To Hell with being stationed in Heaven.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
Edward

On the news page it says that on the youtube page it has the marines name and address;

David Mortari
24419 Florence Acres Rd
Monroe, WA 98272-9662
Phone: (360) 794-7191

no clue if the address is genuine, but yeah, just thought i would post it.

"Red velvet lines the black box."
~Peter Murphy

*Holding a gun to Robert Smiths Head.*
Smith: DON'T KILL ME!!!
Me: STOP EATING!!!
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #15
CSSLZT13

Just wondering, did anyone read the first comment below the article? It suggests that the video is an edited piece of work, mentioning some of the aspects in it that didn't seem right.

Real puppy or not, even simulating throwing a puppy into a ravine is just plain unconscionable(sp?). What the fuck kind of mentality do you have to retain to believe that this video is in the least entertaining? Tossing a puppy to its death? Hell, let's make a fucking video of a dog dragging a baby to an open window on a high floor and tossing it out! Real fucking hilarity there!

Life in prison for the sonuvabitch. Death's too good for him -- let him rot in the despairing pit of masculine desecration that is prison these days. I'll wager that those guys will give him what's due.
CSSLZT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #16
CptSternn

More on that...and a few ye haven't seen yet...

http://valleywag.com/363325/five-you...at-their-worst

Five YouTube videos show American soldiers at their worst

he Digg story "U.S. Soldier throws puppy off cliff" had, at last count, 5,527 votes. Digg commenters, never a demure crowd, aren't holding back their rage. One comment, itself voted for 540 times, reads "Wow. I hope he got shot in the face later that day." This video exposes something about the dehumanization of American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan that most of us don't want to think about. Here are five more videos that show just how far gone our troops are. A warning: These videos are explicit and -- with the known correlation between violence toward animals and violence toward other humans in mind -- savagely disheartening.

Then there is this one that came out today in European news...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #17
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
On the news page it says that on the youtube page it has the marines name and address;

David Mortari
24419 Florence Acres Rd
Monroe, WA 98272-9662
Phone: (360) 794-7191

no clue if the address is genuine, but yeah, just thought i would post it.
So why repost it? That mob mentality is even more deplorable than the actions of those marines.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 03-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #18
Beneath the Shadows

And it turns out that the puppy may have been dead beforehand.

Sadly, most of us (myself included, I must admit) never even considered the fact that the video may be faked (as in the puppy wasn't even real) or that the puppy may have been dead from the get-go. Now, if they puppy had been squirming mightily, we'd know for certain. Alas, that's not the case.

Quote:
MONROE, Wash. -- The controversial Internet video that purports to show a Marine throwing a puppy off a rocky cliff has triggered threats against a local family related to the soldier shown in the video.

The U.S. Marine Corps has identified the man who appears to throw the dog as a 22-year-old lance corporal. KOMO 4 News has learned the Marine's family lives in Monroe, though his name has not been released by military officials.

The Marine belongs to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Regiment based in Hawaii -- a unit that has returned from a tour in Iraq. Military officials said the video was apparently taped in the town of Haditha, Iraq. Military officials say the Marine has been pulled from training for the duration of the investigation.

"This is a shocking and deplorable video that contrary to the highest standards we set for every Marine," said Christopher Perrine with the U.S. Marine Corps. "We will investigate this and take appropriate action."

Military officials have not confirmed the authenticity of the tape, nor have they addressed the speculation that the puppy may have already been dead when the video was shot. The speculations stem from the grainy nature of the video which blurs the details, including the puppy's facial expression while being held by the scruff of the neck.

The 15-second video, which was posted to the video sharing Web site bebo.com, triggered public outrage. Some who believed they knew the Marine posted the phone number and address of his Monroe family on the Internet, prompting harassment.

The family reportedly received threatening phone calls over the weekend, but did not report them to the police. Snohomish County sheriff's spokesperson Rebecca Hover said patrol cars have been circling the home to make sure the family is left alone. The family has disconnected the phone line, according to the Everett Herald newspaper.

The video has also made the Marine himself the target of a firestorm.

"I cannot fathom the kind of stress our men and women are going through overseas but regardless of that, these kinds of activities and these kids are just unacceptable," said Kawehi Yim with the Hawaiian Humane Society.

On the Internet, a number of Web sites and blogs have posted comments calling him a "puppy killer.
Video newscast.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
And it turns out that the puppy may have been dead beforehand.

Sadly, most of us (myself included, I must admit) never even considered the fact that the video may be faked (as in the puppy wasn't even real) or that the puppy may have been dead from the get-go. Now, if they puppy had been squirming mightily, we'd know for certain. Alas, that's not the case.

Video newscast.
Puppies don't wiggle when held that way, it would hurt them.
Also--you can hear the puppy screaming as it flies through the air.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 AM   #20
emeraldlonewoulf

I suppose it could've been a fake, they could've done any number of things to put together a fake video. It might've just been a way to dispose of a dead dog. Still, though, that wasn't the impression they created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Hawaii? There are factors in the service that can lower the quality of life no matter where you're at. I heard we had a base in Heaven. I also heard that it's one of the worst billings you can get. To Hell with being stationed in Heaven.

I understand lowered quality of life on base, that isn't what I was talking about. it turns out he did a tour in Iraq, too. What I was referring to were the conditions in certain kinds combat that make a person lower their value of other life in order to survive, i.e shooting children with bombs strapped to them, etc. No excuse, but it is sometimes a reason.

In any case, the situation is being dealt with, apparently.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #21
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Puppies don't wiggle when held that way, it would hurt them.
Also--you can hear the puppy screaming as it flies through the air.
Sounds can be added in later.

I'm not saying the video definitely is a fake. Just that we should let the investigators do their job, and if it turns out that the video was real, then condemn those marines.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
blackwater1110

Quote:
Sounds can be added in later.

I'm not saying the video definitely is a fake. Just that we should let the investigators do their job, and if it turns out that the video was real, then condemn those marines.
If the video is a fake, they should still be condemned. If it's real, they should be lynched. OK, maybe that's a tad extreme, but if it's genuine I'm expecting a severe punishment.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #23
AngelikDemonik

This is supposedly taken right from his MySpace page. I don't know how legit it is, but I figured I'd post it. My commentary on what "he" has to say is in the parathenses.

"I want to say first of all that I am really sorry for the whole puppy thing. I don't know why people are so pissed. It was a FUCKING STRAY!!! Get the fuck over it! You know how many people I see get blown away on a regular basis?!?! Shit Man Not only the towle heads out here but my own friends!"

*(Me: So, because it's a stray, it doesn't deserve to live? I don't doubt that you've seen fucked up things, but you don't take it out on defenseless living beings. Oh, and it's spelled "towel" by the way, and last time I checked, those are not towels that they wear.)*

"I want to clear somethings up before tomarrow. This might be hard to believe but I am sorry about the dog.

*(Me: Yeah, you're sorry you got CAUGHT. And it's spelled tomorrow)*

At the time I just really didn't care.

*(Oh really? I couldn't tell...)*

When you are constantly under fire sometimes people develope a different sence of humor than what others are used to.

*(All the more reasons why there are people who protest wars, it changes those who fight in it.)*

That video was from over a year ago and i dont know who put it out there but it wasn't me. It has been a real hard day.

*(I'm sure that puppy had a real hard day, too)*

"I don't know how they got my information but someone got all my information and i had to disconnect my parents and my girlfriends phone."

*(Sorry to hear people are messing with your family; they're not the idiots that decided to throw a puppy off a cliff)*

"not to mention i had to redo my myspace because it got hacked. I just want this to end."

*(End like that puppy's life, right?)*

"What, you expect me to carry a stray sick dog from patrol 10+ miles back to camp with me.

*(No, you could've left it alone.)*

Did you know that we're not supposed to have dogs?

*(Once again, leave it alone.)*

Did you know that there isn't medicine available for animals out there? So what the fuck do you want me to do with it. It was going to die a slow and horrible death.

*(You're not a Doctor of Veterinarian Medicine, you can't make that call. It's not your job to kill animals.)*

"Sorry you guys saw that, but it wasn't supposed to ever been shown. Usually what happens is we shoot them. "

*(I thought that this was the "War on Terrorism"...not the "War on Strays".)*

I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead.

*(When I get creative I draw pictures.)*

If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that."

*(For some reason, you don't strike me as an Angel of Mercy.)*

Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
The clip is there, if you want to see it.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...iff_on_YouTube
This calls for a nad-bashing boot party. Platform boot party.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #25
emeraldlonewoulf

referring to the myspace posting, if the animals were sick, and they had to be put down, ok, I can understand that. but the reason you shoot and BURY them is to prevent the spread of disease. A dead dog that is eaten by other creatures just spreads sickness, it doesn't do anything to stop it.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote: