Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
(-$|N-)

Lineage2 - Gothic Race

Ive been playing alot of MMO games on private servers and Lineage2 cought my eye due to these pictures below and some of the game is actually quite good.
http://www.lineage2-online.com/galle..._darkelf_1.jpg
http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/lineage2/lin2-3b.jpg
http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/lineage2/lin2-2b.jpg
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Star of Blight

Remind me to get a couple screenies of my L2 characters.......well a couple of them at least.

Glad to see another person taking interest in an NCsoft game. Now go play on the official pay servers and stop taking money out of my friggin wallet.

Because you know in the end that's who private servers hurt, people like me...the little guy that works for the company. You don't pay what you honestly owe NCsoft and I don't get to eat dinner some night, or even worse, I get fired and have to find a new job. And if I have to find a new job then I'll be a very pissed off motherfucker. And given the circumstances, would probably drive out to Pittsburgh with an AK in one hand and a chainsaw (probably Craftsman) in the other and go killing goths, just on the hope that I either put a couple bullets in you or that I saw off your thieving skull.

So don't be an asshole in the first place please, you don't want me coming after you.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
winged_dreams

So dark elves are goth? Interesting. I heart drow!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
(-$|N-)

Well there eather goth, or S&M what ever your view is.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight
Remind me to get a couple screenies of my L2 characters.......well a couple of them at least.

Glad to see another person taking interest in an NCsoft game. Now go play on the official pay servers and stop taking money out of my friggin wallet.

Because you know in the end that's who private servers hurt, people like me...the little guy that works for the company. You don't pay what you honestly owe NCsoft and I don't get to eat dinner some night, or even worse, I get fired and have to find a new job. And if I have to find a new job then I'll be a very pissed off motherfucker. And given the circumstances, would probably drive out to Pittsburgh with an AK in one hand and a chainsaw (probably Craftsman) in the other and go killing goths, just on the hope that I either put a couple bullets in you or that I saw off your thieving skull.

So don't be an asshole in the first place please, you don't want me coming after you.
You miss understood me, I did play on NCSoft Servers so I did pay my dues for the game, however over the time it got a little boring so I went to private servers for a chance to alter the game to keep my interest. I did it like that with alot of MMOs, and yes I do agree with you that people who play private servers without actually playing the p2p. I know alot of people who get bored with the main game server and move onto private servers to alter game play.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:20 AM   #6
Star of Blight

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-$|N-)
You miss understood me, I did play on NCSoft Servers so I did pay my dues for the game, however over the time it got a little boring so I went to private servers for a chance to alter the game to keep my interest. I did it like that with alot of MMOs, and yes I do agree with you that people who play private servers without actually playing the p2p. I know alot of people who get bored with the main game server and move onto private servers to alter game play.

How am I misunderstanding? You "used" to play on the pay servers, but now you don't. So your still taking food out of my mouth, making my life harder. Do you feel happy and secure in the fact that your "altered game play" is still screwing me?

My above statement still stands.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #7
(-$|N-)

Quote:
How am I misunderstanding? You "used" to play on the pay servers, but now you don't. So your still taking food out of my mouth, making my life harder. Do you feel happy and secure in the fact that your "altered game play" is still screwing me?

My above statement still stands.
What ever you say, come kill me. Im happy with what Im doing to the game and to no longer sponser that corperation anymore by paying them. And if your going to cry about it why not just learn how to join private servers because there are about 1k+ and quite a few have 200 to 10,000 people on them. Oh and it doesnt make your life harder, the rates haven't changed for lineage in a long time. So its your own fault you pay.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
NoneSuch

Sorry but lineage 2 was one of the worst mmo I've ever played , the system was really terrible the player ecnomey had gone to hell everything was overpriced . The quest system was extreamly limited , the only really way to play the game was to grind almost constantly .. ganking was everywhere you'd get large guilds running about pking lower level players if they even came close again its one of those games where level meant everything ... /= and dont even get me started on those godamn bots...
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneSuch
Sorry but lineage 2 was one of the worst mmo I've ever played , the system was really terrible the player ecnomey had gone to hell everything was overpriced . The quest system was extreamly limited , the only really way to play the game was to grind almost constantly .. ganking was everywhere you'd get large guilds running about pking lower level players if they even came close again its one of those games where level meant everything ... /= and dont even get me started on those godamn bots...
What you just said is malot of the reason in which I left the mainstream servers to change the game to suit my interests, in the end my group of gamers decided to move over to ultima online for more custimizability with a new client system. The main reason I brought this up is because it gives people a chance to see the game.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #10
NoneSuch

Quote:
What you just said is malot of the reason in which I left the mainstream servers to change the game to suit my interests, in the end my group of gamers decided to move over to ultima online for more custimizability with a new client system. The main reason I brought this up is because it gives people a chance to see the game.
I mean it was a shame , the actual gameplay was great and I loved the guild taking over castles etc but it was too focused on grinding and the pvp was horrible though the combat was fun... but I think what really made me quit was when after a few hours of getting a new sword I got ganked when mobbing and dropped it.. I couldnt take losing so much work like that and the thought of it happening again.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #11
Star of Blight

Quote:
What ever you say, come kill me. Im happy with what Im doing to the game and to no longer sponser that corperation anymore by paying them. And if your going to cry about it why not just learn how to join private servers because there are about 1k+ and quite a few have 200 to 10,000 people on them. Oh and it doesnt make your life harder, the rates haven't changed for lineage in a long time. So its your own fault you pay.
*facepalms* Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child, or are you just retarded? Seeing as how you didn't understand when I wasn't blatant and talking to you as if you were a two year old, I'll be a little more blunt.

I work for NCSoft

jackass
Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #12
(-$|N-)

Quote:
*facepalms* Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child, or are you just retarded? Seeing as how you didn't understand when I wasn't blatant and talking to you as if you were a two year old, I'll be a little more blunt.

I work for NCSoft

jackass

And you dont get what I am saying, I dont care who you work for. If you work for them then woot for you, but if your gona cry about me then you should kill yourself because theres alot more then just me that are starving you (try every other game in the world) and personally if you really do work for them im glad to starve you. Bloody corperation with a inferior product compared to recent advancements. I was not directly directing the comment at you, it was in reference to you but was directed towards people who pay.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #13
Star of Blight

Let me ask you a simple question then, do you work? And if so, where....what do you do for a living?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:48 PM   #14
NoneSuch

Oh please if you have THAT much of a problem with him not playing an "official" Lineage 2 server than take it up in PM's otherwise I see his view compleatly Lineage 2 official servers are full of Bots , Gankers and exploiters the reason he used unofficial ones was because of this. If NCSoft had done a better job of stopping this he very well could be playing the main servers.. Usually its a companys fault not the players.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:08 PM   #15
Star of Blight

You'll find gankers in just about every game that has PvP. Case in point, old school UO.

Exploiters get dealt with on a dayly basis, as do botters.

My point kids is this. I took a look at L2 Hopzone, a listing site for L2 private servers. There are currently 362 servers listed at the time of this posting. Average number of players ranges from 50 to 1k on each server, so we'll average that out to 500. Given the average in monthly subscription prices that comes out to about 2.3mil (USD) a month in lost profit. And you know who that hurts? Not the corporate bigwigs, no not at all.

That hurts the smaller people in the company like myself, people who only get payed about 4 figures a year. How would you like it if someone was walking around and undercutting your job? That's where my anger stems from. And the draw of these servers isn't the lack of ganking, botting or exploiting (a look at a few of the server forums shows that they have the same problems) the draw of them is two fold.

1. The rates on these servers are generally higher than those of the pay servers, so people don't actually have to work hard for anything.
2. They're free to play on, so little Johnny who want's a free ride can go play.

So folks who are either A. lazy or B. cheep, are hurting me. I'm sorry I don't like lazy people and I certainly don't like people who take money out of my pocket, money that could be used to pay for things like, oh...I don't know, my rent.

Scorn, I have nothing but scorn for those types of people.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #16
NoneSuch

Its only human nature to go for something which is cheaper because cheaper is better than paying , dont deny it and I honestly dont think the majority of people care about whether or not it effects someones pay otherwise they would buy Cds instead of downloading illegal mp3's.

Have you ever actually considered these people most likley would not pay a monthly fee to play lineage 2 anyway ? And our only on those servers because they do not have to . I find with most things I get through downloads instead of buying are things I would not ever dream of paying for , like mp3s I would never buy the overpriced CD's for them.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #17
winged_dreams

Wow, this turned into a hostile thread. And the only MMORPG I play is World of Warcraft.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #18
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

There are currently 362 servers listed at the time of this posting. Average number of players ranges from 50 to 1k on each server, so we'll average that out to 500. Given the average in monthly subscription prices that comes out to about 2.3mil (USD) a month in lost profit. And you know who that hurts? Not the corporate bigwigs, no not at all.

That hurts the smaller people in the company like myself, people who only get payed about 4 figures a year. How would you like it if someone was walking around and undercutting your job?

That's where my anger stems from.

So folks who are either A. lazy or B. cheap, are hurting me.

I'm sorry I don't like lazy people and I certainly don't like people who take money out of my pocket, money that could be used to pay for things like, oh...I don't know, my rent.

Quote:

If you work for them then woot for you, but if your gona cry about me then you should kill yourself because theres alot more then just me that are starving you (try every other game in the world)

I was not directly directing the comment at you
it was in reference to you but was directed towards people who pay.
Do you see the blatant contradiction in you're two statements?

I don't really need to point out how silly that is, do I?

What he is saying is pretty simple..

He even broke it down in dollars and cents.

Does Testoserone, or a lack of perception inhibit you from understanding the point he is making?

Quote:
Its only human nature to go for something which is cheaper because cheaper is better than paying , dont deny it and I honestly dont think the majority of people care about whether or not it effects someones pay otherwise they would buy Cds instead of downloading illegal mp3's.
That right there in bold ^^ is the friggin point he is trying to make.

People don't care that what they are doing has a DIRECT EFFECT on people that make their living on the lower rungs of the corporate ladder.

It's the same one dimensional and selfish mentality that many people have today. If it doesn't DIRECTLY effect you, why should you care?

Well you should care for many reasons, but if the only thing that motivates you is Yourself, then consider that if you DON'T care now, then you have no reason to friggin bitch when someone else's Apathy screws you out of a paycheck. Or the ability to pay your light bill. Or the means to feed your family.

Then everything will start to look different, and you will rail at the injustice of souless consumers, who care about nothing else but Consuming..

And have you ever stopped to think, that if all those Gamers, whittling away at his paycheck and retirement fund, knew how hurtful there actions really were, they might decide that they DO want to do the right thing.

You guys also fail to grasp how interconected everything truly is, in the world around you.

Every action you take, or don't take, causes some sort of Ripple.

Doing nothing still causes SOMETHING to happen.

It's the simple cause and effect rule that we all learned in school.

We won't even get into the 'Karmic' ramifications that 'stealing' in any form, causes.

I'm sure the last thing either of you expected, was someone from the 'other side' of the Gaming coin, here to point out where your logic is flawed.

But instead of meeting a new perception with Apathy and Hostility, why don't you give an 'open mind' a chance..

Did you ever stop to think, that his reasoning, at least to him, is TOTALLY valid?

If he didn't feel passionately about the damage being done to his livelihood, he would never have gotten in your face about it to begin with.

I guess that why I decided to slide my two cents in here.You two were so cavalier, about something that was VERY important to another persons very well-being.

Now I'm not some 'tree hugging, love everyone' hippie chic, but I have learned by age 33, that it does friggin matter if my actions cause harm to another person. 12 years ago, I could have given a fuck less.

But it does matter, it matters on levels you will never see, and would never fully comprehend if you could.

Everything you do, or dont do matters..

I don't live by many hard and fast rules save one;

" Do No Harm.. "

So when someone that you dont even know, and will never set eyes upon says to you, in one form or another;

" Do me no harm.. "

Have a tiny bit of respect for that. Widen your focus enough to see that your actions have consequences, and just because you dont see them, doesn't mean that the damage is not there, especially if you're confronted by the unfortunate recipient of your thoughlessness.

That is all...

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 09-20-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #19
NoneSuch

I understand believe me , I do not do such things Because I think its wrong. I wasnt saying I dont Care , I was saying the Majority dont. I will only download something like an mp3 If I wasnt going to buy it , If I support the product I will pay full price all the time.. My mates even make fun of me for it as if it was lame to "pay" for things.

My point really was the fact that lineage 2 is a crap game ( no offense) it actually is painful playing it and near a total waste of time atleast in my opinion so I wouldn't want to pay for it.

I'm not trying to "flame" nor Im I trying to insult anyone this is just an arguement .. theres a differnce
Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #20
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
I understand believe me , I do not do such things Because I think its wrong. I wasnt saying I dont Care , I was saying the Majority dont. I will only download something like an mp3 If I wasnt going to buy it , If I support the product I will pay full price all the time.. My mates even make fun of me for it as if it was lame to "pay" for things.

My point really was the fact that lineage 2 is a crap game ( no offense) it actually is painful playing it and near a total waste of time atleast in my opinion so I wouldn't want to pay for it.

I'm not trying to "flame" nor Im I trying to insult anyone this is just an arguement .. theres a differnce
My point was directed at both of you, but mainly $in..

So we're clear, It wasn't just you or anything..

It was the " people don't care whether they're hurting someone else" (paraphrasing) remark that caught my attention, in regards to you.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #21
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Do you see the blatant contradiction in you're two statements?

I don't really need to point out how silly that is, do I?

What he is saying is pretty simple..

He even broke it down in dollars and cents.

Does Testoserone, or a lack of perception inhibit you from understanding the point he is making?
That was refering to a earlier comment not the comment in which it was being stated in, the one being posted below this. However I do see how you got misunderstood.
Quote:

Quote:
You'll find gankers in just about every game that has PvP. Case in point, old school UO.

Exploiters get dealt with on a dayly basis, as do botters.

My point kids is this. I took a look at L2 Hopzone, a listing site for L2 private servers. There are currently 362 servers listed at the time of this posting. Average number of players ranges from 50 to 1k on each server, so we'll average that out to 500. Given the average in monthly subscription prices that comes out to about 2.3mil (USD) a month in lost profit. And you know who that hurts? Not the corporate bigwigs, no not at all.

That hurts the smaller people in the company like myself, people who only get payed about 4 figures a year. How would you like it if someone was walking around and undercutting your job? That's where my anger stems from. And the draw of these servers isn't the lack of ganking, botting or exploiting (a look at a few of the server forums shows that they have the same problems) the draw of them is two fold.

1. The rates on these servers are generally higher than those of the pay servers, so people don't actually have to work hard for anything.
2. They're free to play on, so little Johnny who want's a free ride can go play.

So folks who are either A. lazy or B. cheep, are hurting me. I'm sorry I don't like lazy people and I certainly don't like people who take money out of my pocket, money that could be used to pay for things like, oh...I don't know, my rent.

I've played well over a few hundred p2p games in my time, and from my experiance, gankers are not everywhere. There were quite a few games where it was impossable to killsteal or gank people while hunting. Alot of it was due to choice of PvP servers and Hunting servers but was not limited to just that protection, some games had a exp based on damage done and some had a non interfearance policy. Now botting on the other hand, I have seen quite a few games including lineage2 where people have been botting for months not days.

And what about the people who do not play your game but play another game developed by another company, they are hurting you alot more then people who just play private servers.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #22
(-$|N-)

Quote:
How would you like it if someone was walking around and undercutting your job?
Forgot to adress this question so please mind the double post.
I do not work for a corperation, I work as a freelance electrician so I can not relate to undercutting because I am constantly working myself out of a job. The closest I can come to is bidding for a contract, which most of time I do get underbidded, but it is part of the job and is expected that someone can do it for cheaper.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:53 AM   #23
NoneSuch

Quote:

It was the " people don't care whether they're hurting someone else" (paraphrasing) remark that caught my attention, in regards to you.

Well , I wasnt saying it as a good thing more of a sad point to our society these days and that you cant expect anything else from people...
Old 09-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #24
(-$|N-)

Quote:

The argument was not between nonesuch and me, it was Star of Blight and me with NoneSuch providing his opinion that favored mine. However the comment NoneSuch made about not caring about if you hurt someone is true because everyone always take themselves before anyone else, it is part of human nature.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #25
NoneSuch

Well .. Its a difficult subject really , My point is its fine downloading things for free If you would not pay for it anyway . I download a ton of mp3s but thats mainly due to me knowing I would not bother to pay for them , If theres a band I like Ill buy there album / single out of support and the fact I think they deserve the money due to me liking them so much.

I still buy my dvd's / games most of the time but like I said its a difficult subject and If i'm bored in the afternoon I'll download a game I would'nt get in the shops . I dont think ANYONE can say they 100 percent bought all there mp3s / files / games / dvd's in the shops and did not download a single one.

Reason I supported S1N was because he clearly said he did not actually like playing on the main servers , If the private ones where not up he would of most likley quit the game Im guessing. So you would not of got any money out of him anyway...