Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #21301
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
I'm so jealous
I want to meet one of you guys
I've met only one member on Gnet, long before Gnet, and i know another for 3 years now (wow?!! has it been that long?) but only as a cyber friend.
Well if you're ever in my neck of the woods, let me know ^_^ I can't say I ever expect to be in Jordan, or anywhere near, but who knows where the wind will take me?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #21303
$haDe

^ Nice glasses.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #21304
Geoluhread

I got my glasses today

http://photos2.hi5.com/0060/349/253/aEy6q.349253-02.jpg

Tell me what you think
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #21305
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
I got my glasses today

http://photos2.hi5.com/0060/349/253/aEy6q.349253-02.jpg

Tell me what you think
Awesome, I told you they'd look great!

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #21306
Geoluhread

Not the ones i wanted but i think they are good
A bit of a bitch because I'm not used to them... I feel shorter :P
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #21307
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Slap, much as I approve of people with tattoos and interesting hair and facial piercings, the Man-cupboard has always been Honeythorn's thing... I'm just idly lecherous. Hunting people for a cupboard is so much work.
Oh. My apologies to Honeythorn then. I thought you had said it first because you were the first I had seen use it.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #21308
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Not the ones i wanted but i think they are good
A bit of a bitch because I'm not used to them... I feel shorter :P
Shorter? How come?

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #21309
Delkaetre

... I used the mancupboard?
Oh god, my senility's getting worse.

In other news, here's What I Did On My Holiday, starting from the wrong end of the weekend (Monday at the Museum of Victorian Science)
Outside the Museum
A view of some of the massive amount of stuff in the Museum
And more of the collection...
Uranium Glass under UV light
Levitation of objects via static electricity
Inert gases lighting up as current passes through them
Demonstration of illuminating properties of various coatings

Right! Now to see if I can get the pics from Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Thursday or Wednesday....
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #21310
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Shorter? How come?
Because it makes things look smaller, so the distance from my head to the ground in front of me seems is smaller so i feel shorter
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #21311
Geoluhread

Quote:

In other news, here's What I Did On My Holiday, starting from the wrong end of the weekend (Monday at the Museum of Victorian Science)
Outside the Museum

Right! Now to see if I can get the pics from Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Thursday or Wednesday....
Awesome!!
And your outfit is very very pretty
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #21312
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Because it makes things look smaller, so the distance from my head to the ground in front of me seems is smaller so i feel shorter
... But things appear smaller when they're further away, so you should feel taller!!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #21313
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
... But things appear smaller when they're further away, so you should feel taller!!
You'd think that's the case!! but i feel shorter!!
Urgh!! Need some time to get to used to them
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #21314
Delkaetre

Geo, patience. I found it really strange wearing glasses at first, but they're just another thing to put on in the mornings now, like socks and underwear.
I do love my current frames, though- they're 'Bauhaus' label! I was so pleased to find them!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #21315
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:

Outside the Museum

I usually avoid saying things like this, at risk of sounding like a stalker: but you're quite gorgeous.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #21316
Delkaetre

Goodness, Portrait, thank you very much!

I got the rest of my holiday photos from Pyro late last night, though sadly not any of the main events (I wanted to try and get a record of my outfits this Whitby, so I could avoid repeating them next year- Whitby's a big thing for me, I make more effort for it than any other event. And I *really* wanted records of the bloody excellent gigs!)

Thursday!
Half of my housemates and I, ready to go out on Thursday night

Friday!
One of the hearses that seem to turn up all over Whitby
The chocolate hedgehog truffles from Bothams, all done up for Halloween
Maisey and I, ready to go see Specimen on Halloween
And a slightly *less* dignified view of His Bounciness and me.
Whitby Abbey at night
Whitby Harbour by night, another long exposure shot

Saturday!
Excellent ice-cream in Sherlocks at the Steampunk meetup
RazorBladeKisses at the Met... around the time I was watching Hussey at the Spa

Sunday!
There really is such thing as a goth football team!
And goth football fans!

All photos by Pyromancer, as the cottage's resident photographer. There are *loads* and loads more, but that's a small pick of them. Sadly, Pyro was not going to the Spa events, so there's no pictures of the main event- he was DJing at the Met, though, so he got a few shots of RBK before returning to the decks.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #21317
Xombie

Whitby looks like a miniature town with miniature buildings and miniature lights. I like it.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #21318
Delkaetre

It's really tiny- pretty much everything's in ten minutes' walk from everything else. This suits me nicely.
Though it is pretty steep, built on sharp slopes, so you get plenty of exercise tackling the inclines in those ten minutes!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #21319
honeythorn

Ah! That's Mr Sadeian's Missus I believe.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #21320
Delkaetre

Oh yes, he's going out with Azadeh these days, isn't he? I didn't realise till Whitby, when I saw Azadeh and Layla wandering around seperately and no longer dressed identically- then later saw Az and Sadeian lurking around together.
Gothspotting.... Whitby's got so many things to watch!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #21321
honeythorn

Going out? They're married! haha.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #21322
Delkaetre

Married? Hellsteeth, I really have missed that bit of the scenepolitick.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #21323
honeythorn

Well I'm pretty sure it's her he's married to anyway..
Old 11-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #21324
Delkaetre

No, I know they're together as a couple. So if he's married, either it's her or he's a Very Naughty Man.
Just didn't realise they were married- I don't see him at their gigs, that kind of thing.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #21325
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
(sigh) I really was born in the wrong part of the world. Someday I'll get to Whitby, someday...

Closed Thread