Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Duane

People you know from around town.

Thank to my job working at a grocery store, I meet many people. See others who piss me off, some who are pretty cool. Like Metallica dude, a die hard metallica fan, he has a couple metallica tattoes and the likes. Couple of other people, a lesbian couple, chick who work at Quiznos. What people do you know?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Oh yea, I know that chick from Quizno's.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
Catch

I know agent, financial advisor and neighbor.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
raggedyanne

I know this faux-punk dude who's always walking away from the school smoking as I walk in every morning even though he's in my first period. I also know this one pervy blond who works the counter of the local burrito place who gives a discount if you're showing cleavage.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I live in a town of roughly 6000 people. I know quite a few people from working in a large retail store, and even more from hanging out at the tattoo shop. I may not remember their names, but I remember which tattoo they had done last.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
Duane

I live in a town with half that......hm... I wanna get a tatto of Sailor Mercury on mah chest*big anime smile*
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Well, if you ever get up to Wyoming, I have someone you would need to see, that would get it set up.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #8
drewsilla

I live in a tiny town of around 2500, so you see alot of the same people all the stinking time, like:

the slutty convenience store girl who will flirt with your man until she sees you standing there, the mildly mentally handicapped guy who REALLY likes womens shoes, the Movie Gallery manager who's loosing her hair, the guy who looks like Kenny Rogers and owns the local Piggly Wiggly and the black lady who's intricate hairstyles should be considered modern art/hazard to low-flying planes.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
IsolatedReptile

It's funny. I keep to my own business so much the only people I know are the ones I interact with on a day to day basis. Except for the nice older lady who looks extremely lonely at the WaWa on my way to work who used to be nasty to me. I've been making an extended effort to be nice to her and it seems as though she's nice to me, but not the person before or after me in line.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
GothicChristian

A few alcoholics, a few druggies, the lady next door with the lovely little dog, the people I go to church with, a couple of ROTC kids, two marines, an Army brat, a few emo kids, the random wangster that hits on me every time I'm at the circle K, a ton of anime kids, and a bunch of band kids.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
IsolatedReptile

I just realized. I don't think of any of my friends in these terms. They are my friends, and so personal that they can't just be wrapped up on a few words to post on here. I mean, sure I could try. "I know a rivet head, a goth, a preppy, blah blah blah," but they're all individual people that are way deeper than just a few words, and I'd be doing them a disservice to refer to them simply on here.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #12
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
I just realized. I don't think of any of my friends in these terms. They are my friends, and so personal that they can't just be wrapped up on a few words to post on here. I mean, sure I could try. "I know a rivet head, a goth, a preppy, blah blah blah," but they're all individual people that are way deeper than just a few words, and I'd be doing them a disservice to refer to them simply on here.
We should video tape a Your Car Adventure with people to give them an idea. Hahaha.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Haunted House

Actually I realized that personally know a few members on here from around town (or other areas). I'm sure people have realized that by now though. Underwater Ophelia, IsolatedReptile, badteccy, and Stuporman/his various other names are all buddies. Also, that one troll named da fetus is a friend of mine who was a drummer in a previous band I was in.

Also, if the wind is correct, I could throw a rock and hit where Xombie lives.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #14
tickingstitch

The guy from 7-11, we are tight, I go in and get rockstars and smokes and its like we are down. He even gave me his number to call him at night so he can put those badass tar on the grill so they are ready when I come in. lol

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Actually I realized that personally know a few members on here from around town (or other areas). I'm sure people have realized that by now though. Underwater Ophelia, IsolatedReptile, badteccy, and Stuporman/his various other names are all buddies. Also, that one troll named da fetus is a friend of mine who was a drummer in a previous band I was in.

I know you? I think Nyarlethotep's been visiting someone's dreams a bit too much.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
Solumina

I know a few people around town like the old lady at Target who wears more makeup than Tammy-Faye and the nice woman at Fazoli's who always asks about how life is going and makes sure that I have plenty of breadsticks. I also kind of know the people at Mystic Moon (where I go for drum circle) even though I haven't really talked with most of them which means that Ravenmother and I have most likely seen each other quote a few times but still haven't actually met
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
AngelikDemonik

I know a lot of catty bitches.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
Paigeybobert

Fuck, I know just about everybody here in Rainier. There's only 3,000 people.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
I'll bet you fifty dollars that the rock would land in a corn field.

That reminds me, I was driving down through Reading and Lancaster on Easter, and I saw two male hitch-hikers. One had ridiculously large hair and he wore a vest. I immediately thought of you. But hell, I don't even know where you are, really. Just a thought. :]

I hang out at a local store a few times a week, and I notice one man who comes in every day. He always gets lottery tickets and a newspaper. He always wears the same plain red trucker hat, and I suspect he's done too many drugs in his younger years.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote