Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Cen0bite

Weird Emails

No, it's not from my mom this time.

This is like the third time i've gotten an email like this but i only have 2 of them.
Anyway, they're just weird. They both kinda say the same thing.

The second one:

My Dear one,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you.

I got your name and contact through site . I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person that I can do business with and by the recommendation , I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business .

I am Sandra Mojoh the only child of late Mr. and Mrs.Patrick Mojoh. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant and Gold dealer in Free Town , the economic capital of Sierra Leon, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .

My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father in a private hospital in Free Town in Sierra Leon.

he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10,500.000.00) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank in Abidjan the economic capital of Cote d' Ivoire ,that he used my name as his only child for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business ssociates.

That incase he die I should move out of the country down to Cote d' Ivoire where he made the deposit to seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose after my education such as real estate management or hotel management .

Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to .
(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 22years.
(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, Dear, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within Seven (7) days you signify interest to assist me.
Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God bless.

Best regards,

Sandra Mojoh

the third one:

Dear One,

I know this mail will come to you as a suprise since we have not meet or had a previous correspondence please bear with me.i will realy like to have a good relationship with you, and i have a special reason why i decided to write you because of the urgency of my situation here

I got your contact informations through site and decided to contact you, hoping that by Almighty God grace, you will successfully assist me out from my situations after seven days of prayer and fasting over seeking for an overseas guardance. I am Sophia Omar ( 22 years old ). The only daughter of late Chief Jeseph Omar, who was a famous and wealthy cocoa and gold dealer base in Abidjan, the econimic capital of Ivory Coast

My father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip. My mother died when i was a baby and since then, my father took me so special. Before he he died, he secrectly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of ($10,500, USD ).Ten million, five hundred thousand united state dollars. Deposited in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of kin.

I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.I am seeking your urgent attention to help me transfer the sum into your account for an investment purposes, Such as real estates and stock markets business. And i want you to help me invest this money in your country and help me to locate a nice school to continue my education in your country.I am willing to offer you 20% of the total sum as compensation for your urgent assistance to me, immediately after the transfer of the fund into your account in your Country. I will be waiting for your urgent and favourable response.

Yours Sincerely,
Sophia Omar.

all i have to say is, WTF.
And the senders both listed the same location, in Ivory Coast West Africa.
it's just weird as hell.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
JCC

It's just money scams.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Breathless Horror

It's the old nigerian money laundering scam. They ask for your bank information, then fuck you out of all your money. I pity anyone who falls for them anymore.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Cen0bite

k.
well, i would never give out my info. hell, i don't even have a bank account.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I got one of those. It was, literally, someone from Nigeria... (or they at least said they were). I copied and pasted it into a text file and saved it on my computer. I was rather amused that I'd been the recipient of a money scam...

I think my favourite subject line in a weird e-mail was, once I took out all the double and triple letters, "I a whopping sausage fast."
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
prophecyofdoom

I get about three of these a day.. I suspect the reason for this is that I responded to an email sent me once that read "you have won $1,000,000 in the South African Lottery, just email this person at blah blah blah to collect." I emailed them just for the hell of it. They responded that I had indeed won $1,000,000 and all I needed to do to collect was sent them my checking account number. DELETE. But because I even responded in the first place I am now on the "idiot" list

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Jaye Jang

Mine come from China and they say the same thing, except it is the "wealthy father" sending the e-mails. Just ignore them and report them to your carrier as spam.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #8
$haDe

If it DOES real don't respond.. They might hit u with space shuttle...!!!

OMFG...!!!! Space SHUTTLE....!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

The cheeky bastards!

Report them!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #10
Valerius

I got one of those a few years back, but it was through another forum I used to be active in. I decided to play along until I got bored, so I didn't respond anymore. They asked again, and I said I simply knew about their scam. Didn't hear from them anymore. Haha!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #11
electrosexual

I got a few of these today. The standard of English made me laugh.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #12
mindless1

I get those ALL the time.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
Noumi

Yup, it´s kind of weird. I´ve never receibed one of those anyway.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
Kristin

Sometimes it's really fun to lead them on, make them think they got you.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote