Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #51
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Obviously. I mean, it's easier to spend 40 bucks on socks I suppose. I know I'm being pretty much a dick to you, man. But that's because you remind me of an old school version of me. So take it as me hating my past or take it as me trying to help you find a better way.

I'm not that much of a meathead, I promise.
Oh yea, I had already thought about modifying some knee length socks. I went to the mall and I couldn't find any I particularly liked. I found some arm warmers on Amazon dot com with great customer reviews. I ordered the same ones through Good Goth. I didn't spend 40 bucks on 1 pair, I ordered 4 pairs. But the shipping was expensive. I ordered them from somewhere in the US. I live in Canada.

Also I did look for some arm warmers here too. Found none. I know, spending 40 bucks on arm warmers might seem dumb but you need to know the finite details. I couldn't find any here, I found GOOD ones in the US, I bought four pairs, and the shipping was expensive. That costs 40 Dollars.

Sorry for striking back at you so hard KontanKarite. BTW, thankies for trying to help me find a way to be a better person. If you can imagine it, I was more irritating years ago then I must be now.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #52
honeythorn

Have you tried Ebay? I find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't be able to find some socks, or actual armwarmers on there for far less than $40 inc shipping.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #53
Opteron_Man

I got them! I'm posting som pics of me wearing them.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...leandBlack.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...eandBlack2.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...edandBlack.jpg
Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #54
DeathToLems

They are long!
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #55
Freyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Please tell my how you did that.

Pretty muck just cut the skirt in half. take one half, and resew the elastic in the waist line, then sew up the two open edges together. Once I get back to Home i can post a picture for you.
Freyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #56
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyia
Pretty muck just cut the skirt in half. take one half, and resew the elastic in the waist line, then sew up the two open edges together. Once I get back to Home i can post a picture for you.
Cool, thankies!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #57
prophecyofdoom

Hmmm those don't look anything like the original picture.. They do look exactly like the $1.99 knee-high stockings I got from the dollar store, though. Lets see a pic of the hand part.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #58
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
Hmmm those don't look anything like the original picture.. They do look exactly like the $1.99 knee-high stockings I got from the dollar store, though. Lets see a pic of the hand part.
I took some quick pictures of my hands. Sorry the hand without the armwarmer is so thin, hairy, and gross looking. I don't eat as much as I probably should. I don't like to eat too much. That's why my hands, well my entire body is thin. Also, I bite my nails somethimes. Sorry.

The armwarmer in the pictures are purple and black. They look blue and black. I think the dye reactes differently when exposed to a flash bulb. I have know idea. It looks blue in the shot, but as seen by the naked eye, it is purple grape colored. Trust me, it's purple.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0058.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0059.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0061.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0062.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_0063-1.jpg
Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #59
prophecyofdoom

Oh my your hand sure is angular. Well it's interesting how you choose to share that particular image with us when you don't like the way your hands look. *sigh* There is nothing wrong with your hands Opteron_Man. Better thin angular hands than pudgy meaty hands with big ol'sausage fingers.. I'm rather amused by the "Looky!! I'm about to goth up!!" feel of the nail polish bottle in these shots. Yeah , I was just wondering how similar those were to what I have. They are nice, they just look different than the original picture you posted. I guess if you got 4 pairs you weren't THAT overcharged, I'd wear those.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #60
Opteron_Man

Oh yeah, like i said, I took those shots quickly. She did ask for a shot of my hands. However I felt inclined to explain the apperance of them.

I got four pairs sure, but I got the purple and black and the red and black. I hadn't included shot of my hands with the red ones. I thought you'd get the basic idea with the purple ones.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #61
Opteron_Man

Here is another one. A shot of my hand holding something I am tinkering with.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j.../MeterHand.jpg
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #62
prophecyofdoom

Well, I said the "hand part" (of the arm warmer), you didn't even need to be wearing them if you weren't happy about the appearance of your hands.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 04-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #63
prophecyofdoom

Ah, showing off how gothy AND intellectual you are. Well what is it and why are you tinkering with it?

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 04-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #64
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Ah, showing off how gothy AND intellectual you are. Well what is it and why are you tinkering with it?
I hope you trying to be witty when you said that prophecyofdoom.

Anyways, I am working on a Watt-Hour meter. You know, the thing on the side of your house? I read a book by William Lyne. I watched two video interviews of him. He describes how he had acquired two old meters in 1979 and attempted to measure the power usage of one of his apartments. The meters were old and lacked labels for the wire connections. He took a shot in the dark and hooked the wires up. Apparently he connected them wrong. The two meters behaved strangely, generating power instead of metering it! Both meters completely powered the whole apartment!

The principal behind the Watt-Hour meter was invented by Michael Faraday and then improved by Nikola Tesla. Tesla described, in a paper, how these meters could generate excess power and power electrical loads. The paper backs up what Mr. Lyne says about the meters vibrating and running backwards and stuff. I am trying to replicate this effect with my meters. I am trying to work with Mr. Lyne on making my meters work the way he described. This Tesla generator could at the very least, power your WHOLE house, and if you have one; an electric car. All you have to do is make this meter oscillate somehow.

When I get more information, and replicate this marvelous effect, I will post pictures and a short video of the bastard running. I might even draw up plans for anyone here who might want it. I will email it to you if you ask nice.

In other words, this thing could literally be a coffee can sized power plant! It wouldn’t produce pollution, and it could be tucked away out of site.

Here’s a link to a copy of the paper I read.
http://www.stardrivedevice.com/Tesla_notes.html
Old 04-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #65
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Oh my your hand sure is angular. Well it's interesting how you choose to share that particular image with us when you don't like the way your hands look. *sigh* There is nothing wrong with your hands Opteron_Man. Better thin angular hands than pudgy meaty hands with big ol'sausage fingers.. I'm rather amused by the "Looky!! I'm about to goth up!!" feel of the nail polish bottle in these shots. Yeah , I was just wondering how similar those were to what I have. They are nice, they just look different than the original picture you posted. I guess if you got 4 pairs you weren't THAT overcharged, I'd wear those.
The armwarmers weren't that expensive, it's the shipping!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #66
DeathToLems

Hey O-man I found some more! Sorry it's late.
http://www.kinkyangel.co.uk/index.ph...rd=arm+warmers
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #67
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
Hey O-man I found some more! Sorry it's late.
http://www.kinkyangel.co.uk/index.ph...rd=arm+warmers
Thankies DeathToLems!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:19 AM   #68
KontanKarite

I bet I could make those punk lace sleeves. I have just about every part of the material for it. Hmmm...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #69
GothicChristian

Opteron_Man, may I be completely honest and say that I don't think those arm warmers suit you?
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #70
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
Opteron_Man, may I be completely honest and say that I don't think those arm warmers suit you?
I am begining to agree, I realized just today, that I had pissed my money away.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #71
DeathToLems

Maybe find something else? Hell, fashion is about trial and error right? finding what suits you and all that. I'm would love to wear a lot of funky gear but I know it wouldn't suit me. Sometimes I wish I was Japanese, They can pull of ANY style. *Am envious*
Old 05-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #72
GothicChristian

Quote:
Maybe find something else? Hell, fashion is about trial and error right? finding what suits you and all that. I'm would love to wear a lot of funky gear but I know it wouldn't suit me. Sometimes I wish I was Japanese, They can pull of ANY style. *Am envious*
I know what you mean.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #73
XxBloodyrosexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
LOL!!! OMG! You poor sod. You poor poor pitiful sod.

How to make arm warmers:

Step 1: find a pair of knee high socks you like
Step 2: Cut the toe part off
Step 3: Cut a tiny slit where your thumb should go
Thanks!! I've been looking for some arm warmers and saw your responce!! I went righ upstairs, into my sock drawer, found some socks that were like ok, not too good as socks since they were from like 6th grade and didn't fit. Cut them and did a little sewing so the cloth wouldn't unravel and Tah-dah two new pairs of arm warmers that are so comfy and of good quality. Tahnks again!! ^^
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 AM   #74
Jezabeth

If you want arm warmers make them yourself. Take and old shirt of your choice that you don't mind cutting up. measure your arm at your elbow and around your wrist. Then measure from your wrist all the way up to your elbow for the length. Once you have measured, take a piece of chalk, or marker that will wash out and and make triangles in your measurements. Make sure you have about 1/2" seem allowance (if you cant sew use safety pins) If you can sew then im sure you can figure it out from here on out. Once they are sewn you and cut holes for your thumbs. When your done you can add studs, chains, and other pieces of hardware. When i made mine i safety pined up length wise on both sides leaving about 2in" between them and then to a piece of ribbon or lace and laced it up. This made them into corset arm warmers. I generally incurage people to use there brain and come up with there own ways to make there arm warmers awsome. and different.
*NOTE*
These instructions for measuring makes them shorter. If you want them to go up to your elbows add and extra 3in" in lenght.
Jezabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #75
Opteron_Man

Quote:
They do look good. I think the same goes for the Chinese.