Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

My Free Energy Project

I am working on a Watt-Hour meter. You know, the thing on the side of your house? I read a book by William Lyne. I watched two video interviews of him. He describes how he had acquired two old meters in 1979 and attempted to measure the power usage of one of his apartments. The meters were old and lacked labels for the wire connections. He took a shot in the dark and hooked the wires up. Apparently he connected them wrong. The two meters behaved strangely, generating power instead of metering it! Both meters completely powered the whole apartment!

The principal behind the Watt-Hour meter was invented by Michael Faraday and then improved by Nikola Tesla. Tesla described, in a paper, how these meters could generate excess power and power electrical loads. The paper backs up what Mr. Lyne says about the meters vibrating and running backwards and stuff. I am trying to replicate this effect with my meters. I am trying to work with Mr. Lyne on making my meters work the way he described. This Tesla generator could at the very least, power your WHOLE house, and if you have one; an electric car. All you have to do is make this meter oscillate somehow.

When I get more information, and replicate this marvelous effect, I will post pictures and a short video of the bastard running. I might even draw up plans for anyone here who might want it. I will email it to you if you ask nice.

In other words, this thing could literally be a coffee can sized power plant! It wouldn’t produce pollution, and it could be tucked away out of site.

After it is completed, I hope to spread the information around to people here so they can reap the fruits of Tesla and faraday's labour. Oil is running out soon. That said, devices like this Tesla generator will someday be powering the world.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
KontanKarite

I commend you. Oil is running out you say? Why aren't things being ran like this already I say.

Good luck.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Opteron_Man

Thankies KontanKarite! I hope you wern't being sarcastic.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Opteron_Man

In late 2007, I bought two old meters from a surplus company. I hope to replicate this effect with them.
I was messing around with one and I took a picture of it taken apart. This is the core component. I seperated it fom the socket mechanism.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j.../MeterHand.jpg
As you can see, these things can be made very small. If I can make this into the free energy generator like Mr. Lyne says, it could allmost be a pocket sized power generating plant!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
KontanKarite

No, for serious, good luck. I'm all about being free of the "grid".

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #6
DeathToLems

Wait ..what? You're going to attach this device to your home energy meter and try to by pass the thing that electricity ppl get their information on how much energy you use so they charge you for it's usage? Unless you have a standard reading where you would get charged the same amount of money regardless if you're using electricity or not. Which would mean getting your free energy device to work would be pointless until you change your electricity billing company to something that's like a pay as you go.

Oh and also. If this work's Don't get caught using it. You could get in trouble for playing with electricity appliances.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #7
Wednesday Friday Addams

I would love to see the actual physic equations behind this..as it seems to be ignoring some of the laws of energy. Of course i could be missing something.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #8
CptSternn

The physicals behind the idea are impossible. I mean, you can't power a generator with another generator thats powering it.

Thats where you get into the physics of superconducting, resistance, and a dozen other aspects which make it impossible.

See, electricity degrades as it moves down a conductor. Resistance in the wires or whatever the transfer medium is stops it. It loses power just by moving from point A to point B. If you have two generators powering each other - they help feed each other, but the over all amount of energy produced drops as power is expended. Sooner or later they both run out of power and shut off.

I'm still trying to figure out why hooking an old 1979 metre to them would have any effect. Also note, if your going to tap directly into the power coming into your household grid that its very dangerous and you could fry large parts of wiring as well as any devices hooked up in your house, along with yourself.

Reverse connecting ANYTHING directing in the incoming power feed to your house is bad. Think about what happens when you reverse connect a car battery.

Now think about the same outcome, only BIGGER, like the size of a house...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #9
DeathToLems

*gasp* O-Man dont do it! You could die!
>_<
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #10
Opteron_Man

I knew fools would blabber that it is impossible! Yet they don't realise that the so call laws of physics they are reading from, has been tampered with to stop the reinventing of these devices. Mr. Lyne used two meters together because they were two 110v meters. I have two 220v meters. I can use just one to replicate this effect. All I have to do is wire it the way he did his, provide the starting 'seed' power to make it ocilate. The disk will stop and vibrate at the center of load and generate as much power equal to the demand. I don't think I will fuck with the utility service going into my home. I will just plug what I like into it and treat it like a power strip.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:20 AM   #11
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
The physicals behind the idea are impossible. I mean, you can't power a generator with another generator thats powering it.

Thats where you get into the physics of superconducting, resistance, and a dozen other aspects which make it impossible.

See, electricity degrades as it moves down a conductor. Resistance in the wires or whatever the transfer medium is stops it. It loses power just by moving from point A to point B. If you have two generators powering each other - they help feed each other, but the over all amount of energy produced drops as power is expended. Sooner or later they both run out of power and shut off.

I'm still trying to figure out why hooking an old 1979 metre to them would have any effect. Also note, if your going to tap directly into the power coming into your household grid that its very dangerous and you could fry large parts of wiring as well as any devices hooked up in your house, along with yourself.

Reverse connecting ANYTHING directing in the incoming power feed to your house is bad. Think about what happens when you reverse connect a car battery.

The physics behind this is VERY possible. Tesla discovered an ether physics. And Tesla knew exactly what he was talking about. If you read the obscure books on the man or any of Bill Lyne's books, you will realize that there are alot of things that are possible.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:27 AM   #12
Opteron_Man

Everyone here will find out soon enough that it is possible. When I either succeed in building this free energy Tesla-Faraday Generator or I get shot to death by an unknown stranger knocking at my door. I will try my best to post a video of the thing running and draw up plans for anyone who asks me nicely. Maybe the theory is sound but MY meter can't be modified to generate. I don't know. The paperwork from Tesla is classified and lock away with the rest of his notes in a vault in Los Alamos or somewhere.

I suppose the proof is in the pudding Gnet!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn

I am not trying to power a generator with another generator thats powering it! The watt-Hour Meter is a generator. That is what it was originally designed to be! Here is a link to a paper from Tesla describing the effect.
I am possitive that the WHOLE working theory is locked away. This might be a little taste.
http://www.stardrivedevice.com/Tesla_notes.html
Old 04-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #14
DeathToLems

But ..but but..but..free energy?
Ok I know you think you're onto something here but..but..but solar power is free energy. O_o
Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #15
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
But ..but but..but..free energy?
Ok I know you think you're onto something here but..but..but solar power is free energy. O_o
You are missing the point, Solar power is free sure, but this can power your whole home. Something solar that can do that would cost tens of thousand of dollars!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
DeathToLems

I suppose. But even IF you made this work where will you find more of these generator things? And how much would you sell them for? Would this be a one off payment or a long going payment? If you could get this to work and you couldn't find anymore generators you would have to make them. Who then will you get to make them? Where will you get the funding to make them? Where will you get the equipment to make them.
I believe you are on to something big here O-man but it's still going to cost money and a lot of it.
My advice, Keep this nifty invention to your self. One day (if this works) you might be hunted down and killed for your invention (well not your invention but actually finding a way to make it work).
Some things are best kept secret. I tell my bf that all the time (he has loads of ideas and inventions but if he was to ever tell people about them I know that they would either steal his idea or not be as grateful as much as they should be. Basically why should he be the one to make other peoples lives better, He should be doing it for himself, not others)
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
I suppose. But even IF you made this work where will you find more of these generator things? And how much would you sell them for? Would this be a one off payment or a long going payment? If you could get this to work and you couldn't find anymore generators you would have to make them. Who then will you get to make them? Where will you get the funding to make them? Where will you get the equipment to make them.
I believe you are on to something big here O-man but it's still going to cost money and a lot of it.
My advice, Keep this nifty invention to your self. One day (if this works) you might be hunted down and killed for your invention (well not your invention but actually finding a way to make it work).
Some things are best kept secret. I tell my bf that all the time (he has loads of ideas and inventions but if he was to ever tell people about them I know that they would either steal his idea or not be as grateful as much as they should be. Basically why should he be the one to make other peoples lives better, He should be doing it for himself, not others)
The meters I have can be goton from a place in the U.S for about $5.00 each. Yes it would be a one off payment. Buy the meter, modify it, then enjoy all the electicity you want. Maybe I will follow your advice, somebody could kill me.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #18
ThreeEyesOni

I generally take anything from the mind of Tesla as at the very least close to possible. He was quite obviously beyond the limits of anyone from his time and most of today. If something like this did work, I would only be "impossibly suprised" as opposed to "outright denying".
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #19
Raptor

It looks like he created a more efficient design of Faraday's generator by changing the arrangement of the magnets and disk. It might change a greater percentage of kinetic energy into electricity, but its not going to make free energy. Nothing is free in physics, you might not have to pay (money) for sunlight falling on a solar panel, but it is in effect "costing" the energy of the radiation incident on it.

Are you copying a previous design or making your version? If William Lyne's design is different to Tesla's, whos are you copying/basing yours on? Who made the prediction it could power a house?

I don't think it will work but have fun and be careful.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #20
Wednesday Friday Addams

So explain it to me because im slow.. What exactly is providing this instrument power?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #21
Raptor

I need to think about it properly... I'll have a go tomorrow, have some work to finish and I've spent less than 15 hours sleeping out of the last 90.

I think you start it spinning and induced current causes a magnetic field in the disk that keeps it going. Maybe. Anyway whatever it is, the usual problem is that eddy current appear in the conducting disk and they can slow the motion and waste energy in the form of heat. I find Tesla's language hard to read but he seems to be saying that using magnets of a larger surface area than the disk, and cutting the disk into more of a spiral will reduce the eddy currents. I don't understand what the more energy out than in comes from.

"Occult Ether Physics: Tesla's Hidden Space Propulsion System and the Conspiracy to Conceal It" is the title of one of William Lyne's book by the looks of it. The Ether is generally accepted to be wrong after the Michelson–Morley experiment failed to find it. And occult in the title of a physics book?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #22
emeraldlonewoulf

Opteron_Man, I'm all for inventions that could provide clean energy, but please, before you go ahead and try this, sketch out the circuits and do some basic math on it first! I think if you do that some of the basic flaws in the idea will jump out at you! What you have described so far, if I read it right, will cause the wiring in your home to burn up, if switches and fuses don't blow first. The fire hazard involved, not to mention the extremely high chances of electric shock to your person, are no tot be taken lightly. Electrocution is NOT fun, I've experienced it before, it HURTS!!! So please, make sure you do COMPLETE, THOROUGH research first!!!

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #23
Wednesday Friday Addams

You can't keep something going without addition of energy. You can't create or destroy energy. Magnets do generate energy but you need to put in the same amount of energy
Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #24
Solumina

What ^she^ said.

It would be great if something like that could work but people have been trying for god only knows how long and none of them have come close because the physics of such a device simply don't work. For there to be an output there must be an input (be it from heat, movement, what have you) and in this device there isn't any input. Things that we think of as "creating" energy are simply converting already existing energy into usable forms.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #25
Wednesday Friday Addams

When I said generate energy I mean convert.