Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Draconysius

Imvu

I just joined IMVU yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone else has it. It's kind of pointless without anyone to talk with. For those that don't know, it's basically an instant messenger program built into a 3D world one's avatar can explore.The appearance of your 3D avatar can be changed in various ways, as can your house.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
insolitus_noir

I don't have it, I'm afraid, but I am curious about it. Seems fun - if you have to talk to, of course, as your point out. Sometime last year I looked for an avatar chat kind of program, and IMVU was one of them. There was another one, but the graphics made it look like a sleazy hook-up thing. (Which could be exciting, mind you, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of sleaze...but still...)

IMVU sounds a bit more involved than an IM client like Trillian, or Yahoo, or what have you. It's not something that can be sneaked into a work environment, is it? The kind of environment in which El Jefe can peer over the shoulder at any time?
insolitus_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Miss Cogs

I have it and I've had it for about 3 years now. Go ahead and add me. I wouldn't mind talking to anyone. ^^

It's Noodlelo.lita. Without the period in the name. Old name yes. >.> I don't like how obtaining credits to buy things is so hard unless you actually pay for them though.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
DeathToLems

I signed up to this a few days ago. but it's like 95% of the guys on here are sleazy perv's. It's always "wow your hot" "let me see your boobs" etc etc.
I like the clothes and things you can buy though.
My name on there is honiezuk
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
but it's like 95% of the guys on here are sleazy perv's. It's always "wow your hot" "let me see your boobs" etc etc.
I think that would go for anything you would sign up for that could show what you look like or your virtual self.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
DeathToLems

Still! Its kinda pathetic how these guys can think "Oh look theres a girl!" "hi youre hot show me your boobs".
The other day I got chatting to some girlt hat about 12 and the way she dressed would put paris hilton to shame. I even asked her does she dress that way in rl. she said no. pfft.
And just today I was chatting to some guy and the first thing he said was Nice halloween costume. I was wearing a simple nice black dress. So I said well I could say the same to you! Then he slapped me and left. LoL. Idiot
Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
insolitus_noir

...and maybe it's IMVU I was thinking of re: sleaze. I'm surprised that all the avatars aren't male, if only to avoid the incessant idiocy of the "show me yer tits" crowd.

You can actually slap someone or get slapped?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
Duane

I might try it out.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by insolitus_noir

You can actually slap someone or get slapped?
Yes, you can slap someone. But in all the years I've been there, you cannot show someone your tits. I think it's rather strange they can ask that. o_O But they also have 'skins' so the naked skins could be under the adult section. I think it strange though if they have naked skins.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
insolitus_noir

I guess some people like to see nude pixels.

That slapping thing is rather strange. On the flip and equally strange side, it begs the question: can avatars kiss?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Clockwork

Ech. That place makes me sick.
It's somewhat addicting to play dress-up though.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
ThreeEyesOni

I downloaded Second Life the other day, intending to do some exploring/investigating and maybe try out some programming tricks, but I haven't been able to bring myself to actually use it.

I see adverts for IMVU all the time, and it just seems... well, "odd" doesn't count but "sleazy" seemed to harsh. :P It's like playing Raganrok without the gaming, leveling, bartering, or funny people babbling in Korean. I'm still waiting for a MMO that can balance a true social environment with something thats... well, fun.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
DeathToLems

Make a Female Character for the fun of it. Throw on the sluttiest clothes you can find and play the waiting game. The first guy you meet he will say "Wow you're hot" Even though he doesnt even know you're actually a guy. That's my point ppl!
You could be a guy on here (with a female char) and BAM "show me your tits!!"
If you like that kinda thing then go right ahead and have all the virtual fun/cyber you can get. XD
Old 05-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by insolitus_noir
can avatars kiss?
Yes. They have many different kinds of kissing.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #15
insolitus_noir

Kissing avatars. Pixel kissing? How novel! It amazes me how far and strange the Internet has come...