Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
DeathToLems

Hair Color To The Max <3 Manic Panic

http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk/
Click the links
Pink Photos ~ Blue Photos ~ Red Photos ~ Purple Photos ~ Green Photos ~ Orange Photos ~ Mixed Photos
To see how awesome these colors are!
I just bought Vampire red (I couldn't buy a vibrant red because of work reasons. I'm hoping I can get away with this color <_<)
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
korinna5555

I love the vampire red. I had a big streak in my hair over the summer. It starts out pretty dark, and turns cherry red, then an orangey color.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Solumina

God a streak in your hair must have taken a whole bottle of the stuff
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Lolly PopMuzik

Hmm...

I was going to tell you to avoid Manic Panic since it's notorious for washing out quickly, having such a big price for a small size, and changes in consistency and color but since it's work, the washout will come in handy.

Infra Red should be as dark, if not darker, than Vampire Red.

If you find you can get away with it, switch up the brand and use the likes of Blood Red/Devilish with Special FX and Rubine/Red Wine/Vermillion Red/Red Tulip with Punky Colors since they're about the same in quality save for PC being cream and SE is liquid. And have a better rep for lasting color than MP.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Cicero

Manic Panic's quality really depends on the colour. I had Vampire Red in my hair for months from just one application, same with After Midnight Blue. The purple and green tones, however, seem to last barely 1 or 2 washes (Ultraviolet was one of the shittiest 'dyes' I've ever used). Special FX has a much better record for those colours - I've been using its Limelight for the green in my hair at the moment.

Oh and Virgin Snow by MP is also pretty good. It really does turn blonde to white.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

I prefer Crazy Colour or Scream by Rusk. They both last for ages and are supremely bright.

http://www.renbow.co.uk/haircolor/crazycolor.htm

http://www.rusk1.com/products/scream/index.asp

Best purples I have ever used.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
DeathToLems

Ok so seeing as you lovelys have used Manic panic i just have one question.
If you have dark hair and you put a lighter color in. Does it show up? Or will I have to bleach it first?
Because I'm not too keen on bleaching my hair again. Last time I done that then died my hair after a few washes My hair went a crappy copper color.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
Solumina

If you have say brown hair then a color change should be clearly visible, it just wont be all that bright (I had my hair a dark reddish brown and dyed it a bright blue and it ended up a deep purplish blue). If, however, you have black hair then I doubt that any will show.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
Cicero

Do a strand test to see if your hair in its current state turns the colour you want. Bleaching is definitely the only way for a bright and long lasting result though - mind you it won't take much for Vampire Red to show up as it's fairly dark and highly pigmented.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
DeathToLems

Well actually at the moment my hair is kinda a dark vampy red purple color http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/phot...77783_7500.jpg
(bit lighter then this)
So do you think It will show up?
Im starting to have second thoughts tbh. I like this dark shiny red color really. and if i go lighter it might go a crappy orange color when it fades. I guess il just have to wait till the color i have now fades out then il use the manic panic stuff.