Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #76
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Cutters and abusers. You sound exactly like the type of parent I can't stand. Stop overreacting, experimenting with things that you may think are "omg HORRIBLE" isn't actually that big of a deal. If you don't let your kid be stupid sometimes she will just do it when she is in college, because she won't have gotten it all out of her system. Good luck making your kid a paranoid uptight wreck.
Maybe the kids really were cutting themselves and abusing drugs.
Guess what?
Any logical parent would NOT want their kid hanging out with that kind of person, because yes, you are more likely to engage in those activities if your friends do.

What's more, people who cut and abuse drugs often have low self-esteem, do not do well in school, and get into other kinds of trouble.
It's perfectly normal to not want your child to be hanging around that kind of person.

Also, you say one should let their kid "be stupid sometimes."
How stupid is stupid? Trying pot, or trying heroin? Having sex at a young age, or getting pregnant at 15?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #77
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Cutters and abusers. You sound exactly like the type of parent I can't stand. Stop overreacting, experimenting with things that you may think are "omg HORRIBLE" isn't actually that big of a deal. If you don't let your kid be stupid sometimes she will just do it when she is in college, because she won't have gotten it all out of her system. Good luck making your kid a paranoid uptight wreck.
I have this theory. You try sooooo hard to be completely openminded and non-judgemental about EVERYTHING, that it kinda squashes your logic.
Do you honestly think it's irrational for a parent to not want their CHILD to hang out with drug users and cutters? I mean, really though? If the kid is over 18. it's a little different, but anything younger, yea...it's the mothers right and reponsibilty to protect the child.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #78
I Am Great.

I'd kill any snot child o' mine that winds up like me. I was a right cunt.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #79
Rosie

Quote:
As far as privacy goes a lot of her friends had more than needed and have become cutters or abuse themselves in other ways . These parents now control the kids thru drugs
And that's how your kid will end up too, thanks to you giving her no privacy.

Are your broken ethics more important to you than your child's well being? It's time for you to make a decision.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #80
MollyMac

Holy fuck. I just agreed with Rosie. World must be ending.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #81
Underwater Ophelia

Bite your tongue, Miss Molly!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #82
MollyMac

Bite it for me. I need the thrill.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #83
I Am Great.

[Readies camera].
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #84
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Bite it for me. I need the thrill.
How do you do that?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #85
I Am Great.

Just make out already!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #86
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
I have this theory. You try sooooo hard to be completely openminded and non-judgemental about EVERYTHING, that it kinda squashes your logic.
Do you honestly think it's irrational for a parent to not want their CHILD to hang out with drug users and cutters? I mean, really though? If the kid is over 18. it's a little different, but anything younger, yea...it's the mothers right and responsibility to protect the child.
Listen, it is possible that I am just this "open minded".
I happen to have friends of all calibers, including drug dealers, and hell I'M JUST FINE. I go to school, I haven't gotten pregnant at 15, and I sure as hell don't have any drug addictions. Go figure.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #87
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Maybe the kids really were cutting themselves and abusing drugs.
Guess what?
Any logical parent would NOT want their kid hanging out with that kind of person, because yes, you are more likely to engage in those activities if your friends do.

What's more, people who cut and abuse drugs often have low self-esteem, do not do well in school, and get into other kinds of trouble.
It's perfectly normal to not want your child to be hanging around that kind of person.

Also, you say one should let their kid "be stupid sometimes."
How stupid is stupid? Trying pot, or trying heroin? Having sex at a young age, or getting pregnant at 15?
I didn't say don't start enforcing when things get really serious, but you do see that this woman is way over protective don't you? Trying pot is okay stupid, trying heroin isn't. But cracking down on your kid just wanting to post messages of have their own myspace is TOO little privacy. The kid is going to go insane.