Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
BLEED REBELION!!!

RuneScape

I just got an account.... I think I've just become the super loser..... I've been playing for hours and I dig it....

any one else?

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

It's fun from time to time. I can play it for several months straight, but then get bored with it and not play it for half a year. The problem is that it gets extremely repetitive. The game is predominantly skill-based, rather than quest-based. In other words, you spend more time working on skills than you do doing quests.

Now that I think of it, I think I'm over it.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
Wednesday Friday Addams

Lol when you said skill based I thought you meant as in skill from the player. I heard you can't kill people in the wilderness now.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:40 AM   #4
Raptor

I go on it in times of extreme boredom, and even then only if I get tired of other games. BtS is right, its more training boring skills than doing quests. Some of the quests are fun though, I've done most of them I think.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
bleedingheart344

I hate RS. WoW and Guild Wars for me.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Raptor

I know someone that dropped out of school because of how much time he spent on WoW :s
Old 06-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
bleedingheart344

It's hard to get THAT addicted. It's a fantastic game, though, if you can shell out the money for it.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
Raptor

Yeh I only know one person like that. Though other players I know do spend rather a long time on it. I'd probably get WoW if I was more into that kind of game.

Not actually heard of Guild Wars. I usually stick to Ghost Recon type games.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Lol when you said skill based I thought you meant as in skill from the player. I heard you can't kill people in the wilderness now.
Yep, and if somone dies they still drop all except three items except no one else except that person can pick it up because when they die a grave appears that only the dead player can loot. They also restricted the amount of proft you can make in a trade to 30k an hour or somthing like that.I go on haiatus for long periods untill a good new update comes out. I haven't really been on it about a year or so.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
bleedingheart344

Ghost Recon type? Try Counterstrike and maybe something in the Rainbow Six area if you like online play.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Raptor

Rainbow Six is great
Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #12
LiUsAiDh

I started playing it whilst bored during rainy nights home alone...

It's pretty depressing, the graphics look like they were done on MS Paint.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #13
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
I started playing it whilst bored during rainy nights home alone...

It's pretty depressing, the graphics look like they were done on MS Paint.

They're actualy redoing the graphics soon, but you gotta remember this is all on java. Runescape is the most sophisticated java game in the world.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Serephurus

RuneScape sucks doggy dick! i hate it! I should sell my account for $50 profit.
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
Serephurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Nope you sure can't, but you can kill ghosts that will kill ur ass in a matter of seconds. Oh and it's funny as hell when people in the game message you and ask for "hott sects."
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 AM   #16
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
They're actualy redoing the graphics soon, but you gotta remember this is all on java. Runescape is the most sophisticated java game in the world.
I didn't know that. I'll check out the new graphics.

Even though it's sophisticated for its type - How can it compete with other games looking like that?

I mean you could have the most sophisticated flick book film or something... And it would still be lame, unless you like flick books, and people would just watch 'proper' films.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote