Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #26
Barfing_Rat

LMAO gotta love this thread. It's amusing how everybody seems to back off and observe electrosexual like as if trying to decide whether he/she is a alien in disguise or not.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #27
Clockwork

I hope it's not something contageous that turns us all into mindless promoters of born again baptists.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #28
Serephurus

I just joined the Southern Baptist Convention!
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #29
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I'm sorry about the profanity. Not because I'm trying to speak 'clean' (bitch motherfisting cocksucker tits)
But because there's no need for aggression. It just sincerely surprised me that someone didn't know that "they" is perfectly correct as a singular pronoun, let alone the fact that it's the most accepted neutral pronoun in current times to diminish the focus on masculine default pronouns.
I don't know about Gothicus, but no aggression was intended on my part. Unfortunately, that happens for me a lot.

As for the matter at hand...my point isn't whether it's been used in literature or not, or whether most people will look the other way or not, my point is that it's not true and correct English. All of your sources say that it can be used. Not that it should be used, or that it's correct.

It's being used more and more these days because people have a bug up their asses about political correctness, or they're just plain lazy.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #30
electrosexual

*sigh*

Don't panic, I havent converted to the dark side. I didn't write this. I'm presuming it was one of my siblings trying to wind me or this board up.

*changes password*

Could some admin delete this please?

So, how is everybody?
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #31
electrosexual

aaaah! I've just read all these replies. ^-^

Well I'm biologically male. But quite frankly, I don't mind what gender you choose to refer to me as. I've always been refered to as male, and I've no problems with that, but if you find it easier to accept me as female, by all means do so. The bottom line is, I don't care.

It should also be noted that I don't even live in America, and am by no means a baptist.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #32
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
It's rather unchristian to hack peoples' accounts.
That is the scariest part. I have been "chased" by Scientologists but they are a minority, but if all the Baptists become aggressive like this the internet is doomed.

Oh, and Electro: I referred to you as a she because in your intro I think you mentioned the preference along with the androgyny.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #33
electrosexual

Oh yes HP! I do have a great love for androgyny. If I have mentioned a specific preference before, then please disregard it. I no longer mind. I dont see it as anything significant really.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #34
Serephurus

Electro, are you an androgyne? This sounds like a dumb question, but don't androgynes feel like they are a mixture of both genders or feel like they are gender-neutral?

I'm just confuzzled about what androgyny is. lol
Old 07-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #35
electrosexual

haha! Well serephurus, I dont even know myself tbh. When I dress, I strive to be bang in the middle, totally androgynous. However, I don't feel so stronly as to disconnect myself from my given gender. I guess socially, I am an androgyn, but I don't feel so strongly as to not accept my biological sex.

Eee this has become a thread about me :/ ^^.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #36
Serephurus

So you are physically and mentally a male, with a given male identity. You just like dressing more feminine and androgynous than most guys?

For me, I'm physically a guy, but I don't accept myself as one. I see myself as very different and feel like I'm a female. Sure I might be thinking and have a male voice when I think (sometimes), but that's just my mind imagining what I would sound like if I was speaking out loud. When thinking and I hear a feminine voice, that's my mind showing what I would sound like if I sounded like how I perceived myself. When I type, I think at the same time as I type every word. I hear a female's voice. I've also noticed that I take feminine postures and poses quiet often. Well enough of my babbling. lol

It's a very interesting gift, being able to be pretty enough to dress androgynous or like me having a female identity, but being physically a boy.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #37
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephurus
So you are physically and mentally a male, with a given male identity. You just like dressing more feminine and androgynous than most guys?
That's pretty much it! I don't feel that my gender identity and my mannerisms/dress sense etc are connected in any major way. Physically I am a male, but mentally, I honestly can't tell you. Perhaps intersex is the best word to describe it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephurus
For me, I'm physically a guy, but I don't accept myself as one. I see myself as very different and feel like I'm a female. Sure I might be thinking and have a male voice when I think (sometimes), but that's just my mind imagining what I would sound like if I was speaking out loud. When thinking and I hear a feminine voice, that's my mind showing what I would sound like if I sounded like how I perceived myself. When I type, I think at the same time as I type every word. I hear a female's voice. I've also noticed that I take feminine postures and poses quiet often. Well enough of my babbling. lol

It's a very interesting gift, being able to be pretty enough to dress androgynous or like me having a female identity, but being physically a boy.
That is very interesting! And I wish you the best of luck in your life, being who you are! Yes, we are both different, and I agree, it is a gift and something that makes us special! Despite the fact that it may come with its setbacks. Keep being yourself, and if you feel you definately want to "make the transition", then don't feel alone. Most towns have gender identity support groups. And don't feel trapped in a male body, because that can always be fixed. I'd say wait a few years though before making any big desisions like that. But I haven't got much experience on the topic.

All in all I wish you good luck with being who you are, and don't be afraid! And it sounds like you arent! It's good that you're embracing who you are, even if it crosses into the complete opposite of what you should be perceived to be.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #38
LiUsAiDh

*sigh* This is exactly the kind of reason I get flamed for being a Christian, you ain't gonna convert anyone with caps lock.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #39
CptSternn

Jesus said people will know Christians by their actions. People who go around trying to convert people waving Jesus flags and wearing pro-Jesus shirts are totally missing the point.

People should want to convert because they see how you live, and want to live that way. They shouldn't be bullied into it by someone who goes about it like selling encyclopedias door to door.

People who come to this site and post such nonsense are not only missing the point, but going against the whole idea of being a missionary for the religion.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #40
XxBloodyrosexX

if caps-lock = yelling I've hada similar experience:
Long long, ago I was one a christian. Someone who had 'Jesus loves you' beat into my head every sunday before I could decide for myself If I wanted him to. Then One day my mother was forcing me (once again) to go to church with a 'Jesus loves you' and I said 'What if I don't want him to love me? He's old and dead.' I was still too young to imagine the horror of the look on my poor mother's face. Well, as to say, she didn't like me being 'non-christian' and when she found out a couple years later that I considered myself a 'Wiccan' let's just say, It didn't go over well.
The first post scared me a little, it felt like my mother and, she's a methodist, they have crappy rock bands w/ tattoos.
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #41
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Jesus said people will know Christians by their actions. People who go around trying to convert people waving Jesus flags and wearing pro-Jesus shirts are totally missing the point.

People should want to convert because they see how you live, and want to live that way. They shouldn't be bullied into it by someone who goes about it like selling encyclopedias door to door.

People who come to this site and post such nonsense are not only missing the point, but going against the whole idea of being a missionary for the religion.
Wow.... right on mate.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #42
stolide

It pisses me off when other christians do things like this... It doesn't convert anyone to christianty, it just makes people think that christians are idiots that follow a toned down "convert or die!" methodology...

I can't agree more with you CptSternn. Unfortunately a vast majority of people don't use a little organ called the brain.
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #43
LiUsAiDh

I too have always thought what Sternn said was true; shouting 'You're all going to hell!' Ain't going to do anything.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #44
Necrophagist

Yes it is!! God hates you all!!
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #45
stolide

Well it makes them think christianity is idiotic, because they are shouting at random people on the street telling them that they have been banished to a flaming darkness with gnashing teeth...

I'm pretty sure that just makes people hate you...
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote