Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #26
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki eyeliner
if you didnt know,then why did you feel the need to insult her?

by the way dre that piercing looks amazing
Exactly. The unnesseccary insult led me to believe that you assumed she did pierce herself with a safety pin.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Exactly. The unnesseccary insult led me to believe that you assumed she did pierce herself with a safety pin.

when did i say that she pierced herself ? what i was trying to say was that you shouldnt insult someone for something they most likly didnt do .well at least now we both know where the other was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Okay, here's an equation for you.

Ophelia's massive mind in dick form + Your mind pussy = Ophelia mindfucks you brutally.

To avoid this, give up now.
thanks for the advice,but im hyper and pissed off which isnt a great combination with me,especialy when a certain underwear thief posts possible garbage.

hell at least i'll go down fighting

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
electrosexual

It was directed at Underwater_Ophelia, love! Sorry for any confusion >.^
Old 07-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #29
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
ok them i'll explain this s l o w l y

if you say that someone would do an incredibly stupid thing,then that is like calling them stupid.

still with me?

what i was doing was trying to get you to understand how insulting that is by using an example that might relate to you.

and if you still dont understand, then get back to kindergarden
You twat.
I meant your example made no sense.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
It wasn't unnecessary, and once again, I ASKED if she pierced herself.

You don't read carefully either, I guess.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #31
electrosexual

Why was it neccessary?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Why was it neccessary?
Because if she pierced herself once, it's not insane to think she might do it again, and it really is very unsafe.

If she didn't pierce it herself, she's free to say "Oh, it's cool, I waited for it to heal and then put this in."
And I'll say, "Oh, well that's cool." And give her advice on how to work up to a higher gauge.

But you, like most people, read too much into what I say and just assume I'm going to insult people.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #33
electrosexual

I still think it's unnessecary as you could have said that after you obtained weather she in fact did pierce herself with a safety pin or not. And, as everything you say, you said it in an unnessecarily abrasive manner.

But forget it. You're one of those people I'd rather not speak to on this forum. So we needn't continue this any further. *puts on ignore*
Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #34
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I still think it's unnessecary as you could have said that after you obtained weather she in fact did pierce herself with a safety pin or not. And, as everything you say, you said it in an unnessecarily abrasive manner.

But forget it. You're one of those people I'd rather not speak to on this forum. So we needn't continue this any further. *puts on ignore*
The funny thing is that there were other people who said it was stupid.
Or said it was a bad idea without knowing whether she pierced it herself or not.

But I'm the only asshole here, right?
Fuck you.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I like ass holes and hate the thought of piercings on myself (I can handle the thought of scarification or tattoing just not something going through me), let alone doing it myself. I was also saddened to find out, that the one piercing (the only one I could ever possibly stand to bear) I wanted had the potential to kill me...
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #36
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
I like ass holes
This amused me greatly

Quote:
I was also saddened to find out, that the one piercing (the only one I could ever possibly stand to bear) I wanted had the potential to kill me...
What kind of piercing is it?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #37
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Rings around the collar bone itself...

Could apparently give me an an internal infection and would be a bitch to heal anyway
Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #38
Murasaki eyeliner

[quote=Sir Canvas Corpsey] I like ass holes[quote]

[quote=Solumina]This amused me greatly[quote]

same here, i like your sense of humour corpsy

and anouther thing,ouch. ive never heard of that piercing before but it sounds a little on the painfull side.

-Mae West
Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #39
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
It was directed at Underwater_Ophelia, love! Sorry for any confusion >.^
lol its my fault for not reading it proporly,thanks for the support though.

-Mae West
Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #40
Solumina

Quote:
Rings around the collar bone itself...

Could apparently give me an an internal infection and would be a bitch to heal anyway
Yeah I could see how that could have some issues
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #41
electrosexual

I'd say it would look amazing though. The upkeep would be a nightmare too though. Do piercing establishments actually do it? >_>
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #42
Sir Canvas Corpsey

If you're referring the rings around the collarbone, then no, most self respecting piercing agencies won't touch the idea with a ten foot pole. Mostly due to the fact that it can cause internal infections and that could lead to death.

However if this wasn't the case I would get it done ASAP, because I love my collar bone already but this would be icing on the cake, however i'm not going to risk my life for an accessory.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #43
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre bin laden
so i have a new piercing..[/url]
anyone have any advice on how long i should wait before stickin a 14G in that sucker?
Ok, well if they are about the size of an 18g, which sounds right now that I think about it, I would recommend going out and buying a cheap sixteen gauge piece of jewelry made of surgical steel, and use that before the 14g. Wait about a month, maybe two to be safe, then stretch to a sixteen (you will want a taper, trust me) after another month or so, then you can try to taper to the fourteen. Do it very slowly. VERY SLOWLY. Also, never skip sizes, it can cause a blowout, which on an eyebrow, will suck. It's better safe than sorry.

As for the street fight of a thread this has become, I'm with Ophelia. Saying something that someone did is stupid is different from calling the person stupid directly. Second of all, any comment following a question should be taken as circumstantial depending on the answer of the question.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #44
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack

As for the street fight of a thread this has become, I'm with Ophelia.
I like you already.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #45
Lapin

As someone who regularly gets piercings, and with an eyebrow piercing, I can say for a fact that piercing yourself is stupid. Most facial piercings are in delicate areas and are best handled by a professional. If she got it done professionally, I'd advise asking them, since I don't gauge, and don't know enough about it.

Seriously, people, don't pierce yourself. Save up the money, and get someone to do it.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #46
AngelikDemonik

The original poster portrayed it as if she did pierce it herself, with a safety pin. Why else would she be asking when she can switch it? I've seen many younger kids pierce themselves with safety pins or sewing needles.

Maybe I'm just being a presumptuous asshole, though...

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #47
dre bin laden

woa woa woa guys once again sorry i made everyone fight.. it has to be something in the way i talk that makes people catty as fuck...
anyway, joker in the pack and denny's grand slam thanks for the advice (and sticking to the subject haha).. its been healing for 5 days now excellently and i was seriously just gonna shove a 14 in there but with your posts am reconsidering buying a taper or going to a place and getting a professional opinion.
it seems by revealing this next piece of information i will be wounding my character and betraying those on this thread who have stood in my regard, and i apologize for this, but i will not however lie to gain the respect of others. indeed, i pierced my eyebrow with a safety pin.
i really don't see the big deal. i've been doing it since i was 11 and not once have i gotten an infection. i know it is impossible to remove all germs from an instrument but i used a flame on the pin and rubbing alcohol on the piercing for the first 2 days and now use bactine and a lot of neosporin. i am not ignorant to the realities of infection and am willing to take my chances. i've been doing this for many years and i guess it just sort of comes naturally for me. ive also consulted a biologist and a doctor and they have both told me that although it isn't such a great idea, people have pierced themselves with much worse. ive pierced my eyebrow about 10 times myself but this is the only time ive kept it in for over a couple days. the healing process is going great- there is no redness or abnormal discharge, i don't even feel it when i lay on it at night. piercing myself is sort of a personal ritual which i value a lot more than going to a place. first of all, all of the piercings ive given myself have come out with no problems (at least 15 on my ears, my nose, twice my lip, many times my eyebrow, and once my nipples-wasn't gonna share that one but electrosexual went there so i figured what the heck haha). however, when i went to get my belly button pierced professionally the piercing was too shallow and now it is too permanent to repierce it deeper, and when i got my tongue professionally pierced (obvious reasons why i wouldn't want to do this myself) i was so overwhelmed by someone else piercing me that i had a panic attack and almost fainted and he also did it extremely off center. $70 for an off center tongue ring, and that's with a discount and not including additiona jewelery or cleaner. so i say fuck it. why should i pay some asshole to make a hole in my body when i can do it in my bathroom? piercings to me are very meaningful monuments of self expression and i feel the experience of doing it myself gives the piercing greater meaning. everybody feels different about these things, but that's just my stance. i know the risk, i just choose to take it- if someone views that as an unintelligent action they're allowed to have that opinion.
sir canvas corpsey- are you referring to a surface piercing on your collarbone (which i don't think you are), or a deeper one like this?
ill be honest, clavivles used to freak me the hell out until i met someone with them and now i think they're quite beautiful and very badass. im not sure about there being a greater risk with them- i thought all piercings had about an equal risk..but i haven't really researched it.
dre bin laden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #48
Murasaki eyeliner

wow, if nothing else your bloody brave for piercing yourself that many times ,and probobly bloody lucky not to have got an infection too.

at least you seem to be using your common sense though,unlike loads of other people whove pierced themselfves

-Mae West
Old 07-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #49
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
wow, if nothing else your bloody brave for piercing yourself that many times ,
Or masochistic.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #50
Joker_in_the_Pack

Dre, blowouts suck. You know when you stretch a rubberband too far and it snaps and hurts you? Imagine that with yer ear. Do not, I repeat, do NOT skip sizes and don't just stick things in yer ear. Tapers help you get from one size to another. They have a concave end on the large end, you put the end of yer jewelry there, and slowly, fucking slowly, slide it in. There's also some sort of lubricant they sell to help with that. Go to yer local parlor and ask, they'll help for sure. Piercing there is expensive for a reason. They're trained professionals with surgical instruments. They know they're shit.

...Usually