Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
Jillian May Scortfil

Rainy Days

Title: “Rainy days”
Author: Jillian May Scortfil
Rating: PG-13
Summary:Charlotte moves to Helsinki after having lost everything. There, she meets a mysterious man. What will come out of this meeting? Will Charlotte lose everything again or gain something good for a change?

I could see the first droplets of rain make their way down the window; the small rivulets, running down multiple traces. The sky outside had taken on an ominous shade of dark gray, the clouds so heavy, they looked as if they could fall on the earth at any minute. I’ve always hated rain; it’s just one of those things that makes feel depressed and lonely. And then, I noticed it for the first time in many days: the familiar, dark figure sitting on the bench just across from the house, outside the park. His long hair fluttered with the slight breeze, and grew wetter by the second, as the rain grew stronger. I just looked at him disbelievingly; my eyes knew what they were seeing, yet my mind was fiercely denying that it was true. It had been like this for a fairly long time; he would sit there, I would stand behind my window, and we would just look at each other. We’d never waved at each other, talked to each other or even acknowledge the presence of each other. Nevertheless, we equally knew that the other was there, where their place was supposed to be.
It had all began about three months ago. It had been raining-a usual state in Helsinki, especially in September. I had been sitting on this same window, inside the recess that was built, with a long pillow on it to sit. So, I’d been sitting there, and I’d been thinking of how much I missed my parents and friends. You see, I’d moved from Westchester, to stay here, in Helsinki. I’d lost my parents in a very bad car accident, from which I got out unscathed; but not my parents. So, my godmother took me under her wing and asked me to move in with her. And I did. I took the first flight I could for Helsinki. My parents, both being Finnish, had said that they wanted to be buried in their hometown, Tampere. So, we flew to Finland, and the funeral was held there. That had been the most difficult and sorrowful day of my entire life; I couldn’t recall having shed so many tears before.
As I was saying, I’d been sitting on the window recess, thinking about how much I missed everything I’d lost. And then I wished for someone to just look at me and understand me, understand the great weight I was carrying around with me, unseen by others, but palpable all around me. And there he was; this man, with his long, dark hair and swirling curls, his mystifying eyes that told me all I needed to hear, but had no way to; that smile, shy, but sincere. When he smiled at me, something inside of me, which I’d thought gone from my soul forever, dead along with my beloved parents, was reborn and brightened. From that day on, he would sit across from me, look at me, and talk to me through his sight. I didn’t know what his eye colour was. I thought it was something between blue, green or gray. Today, it looked like the sky. I wanted to know the true colour of his eyes. I wanted to hear his voice. I wanted to see what he looked like up close. I wanted to get to know this man.
My mind made up, I got up, put on my black Converses, pulled on a woolen blouse, grabbed a random umbrella and went out. I stood just outside the front door, with the umbrella above my head, the rain pouring down on it, and I realised that, for the very first time, he and I were on the same “level”, so to put it. I took a deep breath, checked the road for any vehicles, and crossed it. He smiled brighter. I couldn’t hold my smile back anymore.
He was beautiful; by every meaning possible. His facial characteristics were smooth, yet very masculine. His nose was straight, his lips full and pink. His high cheekbones only accentuated his northern composition. His eyebrows were two firm curves, not too thick, but not too thin, either. And then, I saw his eyes up close; emerald green. They reminded me of wide, grassy spring fields and the dominating smell of pine trees and roses in the air.
Then he stood up. He stepped closer to me. I didn’t move; I couldn’t. I was hypnotized by those eyes, magnetised to them.
“What’s your name?” he asked me in English, which got me by surprise. I had expected to speak Finnish to me. I gulped.
“Umm… I’m… Uh… I’m Charlie” I said in a low voice. He heard it though.
“Charlie! What a strange name for a young lady!” he said. I sighed.
“It’s short for Charlotte, actually, but everyone calls me Charlie”, I explained, like I’d done so many times before. “And what’s your name?” I asked him back.
“I’m Jaakko” he said, smiling. He took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles so softly, I barely felt it. Such a gentleman, I thought to myself. I smiled back at him, deciding that rainy days weren’t so bad after all.

~*~+~*~
Jillian May Scortfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
Geoluhread

It's been a while!!
I enjoyed reading this =)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Twisted-mind

Location: in a boreing little section in a small town within Michigan
Reason for my clawing,
The pain that goes on knawing.
Reason for the bloodshed,
If not this then i shall be dead.
I'm torn deep inside,
With his leave half of me died.
Now split into two,
I'm so sorry i confided in you.
Forgive me for hurting so,
Please i'll promise if you don't go.
Though I don't trust myself very well,
If you don't trust you know i'll go to hell.
-Questionable
Twisted-mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
Jillian May Scortfil

that's a pretty nice poem... did you write it in response to my story or just as a reference or something? whatever it was, thanks again for reading!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Twisted-mind

Location: in a boreing little section in a small town within Michigan
no it was not a response its how i'm feeling right now, thank you for the compliment and i like your story
Twisted-mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Jillian May Scortfil

okay... well, thanks for liking my story! that's always nice to know!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
Fatbaby

That is a really romantic poem.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote