Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Joker_in_the_Pack

Boot advice?

I'm thinking of buying either these or these.

The difference in price is roughly ten dollars, so I am not stressing that. My only concern is the complaints about the boot level of the 30s. I would really rather not spend an extra ten dollars to be annoyed with my boots. I own two pairs of Demonia boots already with minimal complaints. I own Riot 20s, which are the same height as the first pair of boots, and Rocky 14s, which are the same line as the boots in question. I'm very comfortable in the Riot 20s and love the feel of tall boots. I'm heavily leaning towards the first pair, but thought I would get some suggestions anyway.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
morbid_doodle

I like the first ones. Sorry if that isn't helpful, i just think they look cooler.
morbid_doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
Cicero

Unless you're over 7 feet tall, definitely the first ones. The rub-off burgundy of the second ones is cool though.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
TheBloodEternity

I like the color of the burgundy ones, and seeing as your other ones are probably already black that would be a good choice for a change. But as you said, they're an extra ten dollars and you'll probably be annoyed by the height.
I say you get the first ones.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Solumina

As I would with any advice about boots I'm going to tell you to check out slink because they have amazing prices on boots and I think I recall seeing one of those pairs on there, or at least something very similar. I also agree that the 30's are most likely a bit tall for you (though I don't know your height so you may be okay).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
I'm thinking of buying either these or these.

The difference in price is roughly ten dollars, so I am not stressing that. My only concern is the complaints about the boot level of the 30s. I would really rather not spend an extra ten dollars to be annoyed with my boots. I own two pairs of Demonia boots already with minimal complaints. I own Riot 20s, which are the same height as the first pair of boots, and Rocky 14s, which are the same line as the boots in question. I'm very comfortable in the Riot 20s and love the feel of tall boots. I'm heavily leaning towards the first pair, but thought I would get some suggestions anyway.
Are the shoes chunky, round-toe or whatever? I just don't have enough information. If you wear bulky clothes with geometric shapes, I would say chunky, block-toe. If you wear finer slimming clothes I would say pointed toe with a heel.

Actually, I don't know if you are a man or woman. If a woman, go round toe. Feet can never be too small in appearance.

. . . and what color are they?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Saya

Sad thing about ordering online is that you can't try the boots on, the second pair might end up being okay for you, but my advice would be better safe than sorry and get the first pair ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
As I would with any advice about boots I'm going to tell you to check out slink because they have amazing prices on boots and I think I recall seeing one of those pairs on there, or at least something very similar. I also agree that the 30's are most likely a bit tall for you (though I don't know your height so you may be okay).
http://www.slinkfashions.com/product-p/plspu_b_le.htm

A lot of the shoes there remind me of moon shoes, but these make my feet cringe by looking at them.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Are the shoes chunky, round-toe or whatever? I just don't have enough information. If you wear bulky clothes with geometric shapes, I would say chunky, block-toe. If you wear finer slimming clothes I would say pointed toe with a heel.

Actually, I don't know if you are a man or woman. If a woman, go round toe. Feet can never be too small in appearance.

Uh.........he posted hyperlinks.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch

Those funny colored words are called links. Click them.

Joker, don't buy Demonias, they're crap and fall apart really fast if you walk in them at all.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
TheBloodEternity

Do the zippers on Demonias really break that easily?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, my girlfriend had a few pairs of them. The zippers break, the stiching rips and they're just really cheaply made in general.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
TheBloodEternity

That's fucking stupid, a lot of boots that I see that I really like seem to be made by Demonia.
Also, they're way to expensive for them to just fall apart like that (*cough* Tripp).

Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
Joker_in_the_Pack

The zippers DO break easily. I've never had any other problem with Demonia boots. I've owned two pairs.

I decided to get the first ones, they're seven bucks cheaper on amazon than they are on slink by the way. I'm six feet two so I don't know about the 30s. Demonia are really comfortable to me, and the stitching and leather is usually near cast iron in my experiences.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 09-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #14
Solumina

hm so they are cheaper on Amazon, weird slink normally is way cheaper *shrug*

I've got two pairs of Pleasers (a line made by Demonia...or is it the other way around? meh whatever), I got them last year and have yet to have any problems with them
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #15
Raptor

I think I would have gone with the first pair too, unless there are any boots that height with the colour of the second pair. Those are pretty good prices.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #16
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
hm so they are cheaper on Amazon, weird slink normally is way cheaper *shrug*

I've got two pairs of Pleasers (a line made by Demonia...or is it the other way around? meh whatever), I got them last year and have yet to have any problems with them
Demonia is owned by Pleaser, you have it right.

Their only problems are with the zippers and other hardware, and that's because they aren't designed for people to wear them very tightly. If they're looser, they'll last you forever, if they're tight, they give out. The leather itself is almost cast iron, I finally got a noticable scratch in mine yesterday, my foot got caught between a sidewalk and a bus. Only took out a milimeter.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Those funny colored words are called links. Click them.

Joker, don't buy Demonias, they're crap and fall apart really fast if you walk in them at all.
Thank you. Links show up as slightly bolded on my profile settings, so sometimes they are difficult to see.

I think the first pair are probably the best, so good choice.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #18
bluey-green-vein

i like em both, but i think the first black ones would be better, because of versatility (they'll probably go with everything) and simplicity, and if your not happy with the minimalist look, you could easily modify them with studs or paint or something

the other ones are open to moding to, but the colour might conflict with different outfits, say youve got a green and black mix of clothing, then chuck those boots on, might look out of place
bluey-green-vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 AM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

I got the first ones in black so it COULD go with everything. That and well, knee high boots like those + camo pants + punk shirt and vest = Happy Joker.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #20
Arashi

Ah, you got the first ones, good choice..

I'm quite perplexed by all the people that say that Demonia boots are cheaply made/fall apart easily. I have two pairs, the first one I wore nearly every day for a year and then the same for the second pair, and I've had no problems with either of them. Of course, they do have a few scratches and look a little worn out, but that's given that I wear them EVERY DAY, and have also hiked, fished, etc. in the second pair and got trampled at concerts in the first.

I actually ordered a pair of boots from the Pleaser brand today, lol. :>
Old 09-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #21
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi
hiked, fished, etc.
...in Demonia's?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #22
Arashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
...in Demonia's?
Yup. The pair I wore doing that stuff didn't have any sort of crazy platform or anything, they were more of a combat style boot, but still..
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #23
Solumina

Yeah one of my pairs has gone clubbing dozens of times, as well as to a few concerts, to classes, and out and about town with no problems, and I lace mine tightly so I don't really get why they have such bad rep *shrug* maybe we have just been lucky
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #24
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi
Yup. The pair I wore doing that stuff didn't have any sort of crazy platform or anything, they were more of a combat style boot, but still..
Ah ok. Yeh I wouldn't go hiking in platforms
Old 09-21-2008, 12:32 AM   #25
Jaye Jang

Joker, you can also change the boots just by adding accessories, so the first ones are a good idea. (I got boot cuffs for mine. They're made by a company called Fantasma. You can get everything from buccaneer cuffs to gaucho cuffs. You just tuck them into the tops of your boots and you can change the look without having to buy a new pair).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote