Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #76
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
I was talking about her being Muslim. She's not even allowed to go outside alone because she's a woman, so if you really want to argue the fact that her country isn't fucking barbaric, bring it.
There are Muslim countries where women are encouraged to take part in the world outside of there home, look at Turkey the women there do not cover up, they are allowed to have jobs in a very wide array of industries, and it is in no was unusual to see young women out and about, though they are generally with their friends and not alone.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #77
JCC

Lebanon isn't greatly Muslim. It's 55% Muslim, 39% Christian, which is in no way overwhelming.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #78
Deadmanwalking_05

JCC just to point out that's a little over half the population.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #79
Saya

Wait, doesn't Geo live in Jordan?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #80
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
JCC just to point out that's a little over half the population.
And Christians is just a little under half the population, so it's hardly Islam dominated. It's like if you've got 1000 people, 499 are Catholic, 501 are Atheists, and you say "OH MY GOD, THIS ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE ARE ATHEISTS!"
Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #81
Deadmanwalking_05

I'm saying that while the country does have a percentage of christians,they are in the minority while Muslims are in the majority.

which would lend to more Muslim ideals than christian (and no I don't think it a bad thing)

Not trying to start shit just throwing my two cents in.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #82
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Wait, doesn't Geo live in Jordan?
Yes, she does.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #83
Jaye Jang

Chelsea, verbal abuse is still abuse. There are too many decent gents out there, and you are to nice to put up with that -- and stop blaming yourself. If you blame yourself, that's one up for him. What he's doing has a name. It's called emotional/verbal abuse (apparently coupled with psychological blackmail and guilt manipulation), and it IS damaging. You don't deserve to be treated that way. Do try to get out of the situation, at least temporarily-- and get somewhere where you can clear your head. You also need to get some social support. Here, we can offer you *hugs* and a sympathetic 'ear', but you need a place to go and some friends who will listen. You also need the financial support to get through this -- and don't let yourself be talked out of it. He needs to grow up, on the other hand, because he is acting like a jerk. Is there anyplace you can go where people will help you? You need to tell someone what is happening to you before it gets out of hand. In the meantime, we're here for you, to the best of our ability. *HUGS* and hang in there.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #84
Tam Li Hua

Joker: I think it may be good for you to do some world traveling, and to see that even if a place has very different values than your home country does, doesn't make their values bad or wrong.

JCC: Why does it matter how much of the population is Christian? The majority is Muslim, thus much of the culture will be Muslim. Besides, being a Christian there is a bit dangerous, I believe; you can get killed if you're a Muslim, but then decide to convert to Christianity. [If I'm wrong on this, please feel free to correct me, Geo. ^_^ ]
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #85
Geoluhread

Tam, if a person willingly enters islam then decides to convert to another religion he must die, yes... Because religion isn't a game for some people to sign up whenever they feel like it

In jordan, we have many many christians, in fact, my mother is... I honestly can't tell you if anyone was killed because they converted religion at our time (after our prophet Mohammad died, many didn't want to be muslims anymore and there were wars and all)... I haven't heard of any case about it In jordan at the current time... Some people are racists and don't like people out of what religion they are, but i guess that's everywhere

Joker, it is true that women aren't allowed to go out alone, but i already said in a different thread, if she can't find anyone she can go by herself to do whatever she needs, as long as it's appropriate (education, buying stuff, work... Etc) and the environment is strictly profesional (sp?)...
I don't have brothers, so i go out alone...
It's not something big to consider here... The community here understands, but you can say it's preferable, out of protection for a girl.

I am sorry if i gave you the impression that i think of any human is lower in level than any other, but sexes are different,.

JCC, women are more verbally fluent, guys are better in spatial calculations *as Wikipedia says*, and i did see a show about that subject and it said that women are more conscious about body language more than men, because of their brain structure (that's why some guys can't get away with lying on their wives),.. But i do not have reliable sources to back up that, just the doctor i saw on tv
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #86
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Tam, if a person willingly enters islam then decides to convert to another religion he must die, yes... Because religion isn't a game for some people to sign up whenever they feel like it
How about people that never entered Islam willingly? Like being born a Muslim (how can you be born anything is beyond me, but it is necessary to swell up the numbers of said religion I suppose), but when they grew up and read a few books, decided Islam/Religion is just a con game? What happens to them?

And don't like because I know the answer to that.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #87
Geoluhread

I honestly do not have enough information to answer you

But i'll tell you my own thoughts on this
I was born muslim, and i am so thankful for that, because many people who were non muslims and entered islam had to find it first..
Born-to-muslim kids must be tought the true value and the true religion and how important it is, and -in my opinion- if that's done right, the person won't even consider converting
I wasn't tought all that, but two years ago i had somethings to really think about, i came to the conclusion that i was given a great gift and i took it for granted most of my life because i didn't know what it truly was... Which is being brought up in an islamic culture
Before i thought about the whole religion thing i used to take everything as it's said, never thinking about the point of it... Now that i ask myself why, i am more and more attached to it
It is part of who i am...
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #88
Mir

You did not answer my question, but thanks anyway.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #89
JCC

Quote:
I want to stab you square in the eyeballs.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #90
Godslayer Jillian

The last link Meagan sent, the one that's 'more legitimate', said that there are evolutionary reasons for men and women being slightly different.
Our social conditioning for the last 40,000 years of community has already manifested itself in our genetic traits.
How is that an apology for treating the sexes unequally?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #91
Apathy's_Child

Wow, Geo. I knew you weren't that bright, but this cold hard stupidity is quite the revelation.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #92
Fatbaby

There is a problem with theists. They need the carrot and the stick master. If you do bad things you will go to hell for eternal torment, if you are good you go to heaven to live beside the hand of god. So much work for nothing.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #93
Mir

I don't give a fuck about Christians, but Muslims PISS ME OFF.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #94
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

I am sorry if i gave you the impression that i think of any human is lower in level than any other, but sexes are different,.
No shit they're different, what you implied was that women are the weaker sex, which coincides with your culture and religion.

Quote:
You are a fucking cunt. There's literally nothing nicer I can say about you. If you think people deserve to die because they feel a religion doesn't make them happy, you're a fucking monster. Let me clue you in on something you can't deny. You are going to fucking die. End of. There is no point following a religion that makes your miserable all your life, because you have no guarentee at all that there is an afterlife other than the convoluted babblings of a group of nomadic sheep herders. So if you live your life in hopes of a great afterlife, you wasted your life. You don't have another shot at this, so if you're wrong, you wasted an entire life suffering for nothing. I'm not a fan of killing anyone, since all humans have the right to life. That being said, if I did have to kill someone, fuckheads like you who take religion to this murderous zealotry would be first on my fucking list.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #95
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #96
Mir

Yes, they do. I was raised in a third world Muslim country. I know only too well.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #97
Saya

Jordan isn't a third world country. And even in Islam they have their personal beliefs.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #98
Mir

They are considered a far more liberal country than the one I was raised in.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #99
Saya

May I ask what country?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #100
Mir

No you may not. That is not my point.