Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #151
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Tam, if you ever have the chance read The Elemental Encyclopedia Of 5000 Spells by Judika Illes.
Hey, I have that one.
It's amusing, but plain bullshit of course.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #152
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Bitchin!!!!

I occasionally warm up some of my gals to the Labyrinth soundtrack. Doumbeks get tiresome
Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #153
honeythorn

I have that soundtrack. And the one to Legend
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #154
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Bitchin!!!!
I know, right?!

David Bowie is fantastically hot in that movie. *drool*
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #155
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You're an idiot.
I perfectly understand Wicca, and I don't even make an effort at it; I'm just that good.

My point is that you're learning about Satanism, and you differentiate Wicca from Witchcraft like a good idiotic spookykid, and you even mentioned bullshit Asatru, but you couldn't mention Sikh nor Islam.

I'm calling on your bullshit. You don't care about different religionsl you care about 'spooky religions'.
Wicca and Witchcraft are different things, dude.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #156
Godslayer Jillian

And I said I know that. But guess what type of person is the one that makes that very clearly and yet doesn't know about Islam or Bahá'í.
Clearly not someone that is genuinely interested in religions. Just some spookykid feeling special for dealing with the "obscure"

Hell, her whole stupidity with being initiated into a coven already tells us that she was downright lying about trying to learn about all religions. She just wants one that makes her feel 'darker'

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #157
Deadmanwalking_05

Much in the same way most mainstream religions *Coughs* "Christianity" convince some folks that they are "Better" than those not of the same religion or sect.

Elitism,pure and simple.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #158
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
yet doesn't know about Islam or Bahá'í
One of the girls in my environmental class last year was Bahá'í, and three of my friends are Muslim. We have INTERESTING discussions on religion.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #159
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
She could also take her sorry arse to college, because shes 19. It is perfectly easy to get onto courses when you are fresh out of school. There are also call centres wanting staff, cleaning jobs, factory jobs, shelf stacking in the supermarkets even. Christ, even fast food places have loads of jobs going at christmas, and most will interview within days and you can be working within 24hrs. On the job training too, because with places like that previous experience doesnt count. In fact, unless you are going for supervisory or managerial positions most places are the same. They like their staff trained specifically to do things their way.

As for witchcraft - all it does it make you focus on your goal better, and think more positively. It's psychological, unless you are naturally lazy. If I told you I was psychic (which I'm not claiming to be), and that I could see you working by the end of January. Are you going to:

a) Get off your arse, get application forms from shops and the job centre and apply for jobs, and dress smartly when asking for forms as well as going for the interviews?
or
b) Sit on your arse and do sweet FA, under the delusion the universe is at work helping to make your life better, as though you are more important than the starving in Ethipoia?

I thought I already mentioned that I was in College, studying Drama.
I also thought I already mentioned that I've applied to sevral different shops in two of the largest tourist hotspots in Scotland, Dundee and St. Andrews. They didn't get back to me about going for an interview, and I've been waiting since waaaaay before Christmas. None of them even offered me a job as a Christmas temp, either, and now it's too late.
Tam: I can forget asking my parents for anything while they're still pissed off at me.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #160
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Crowbar
If you're not working, who's paying for it?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #161
Alarica

Yes, you mentioned applying for jobs earlier in the year and not hearing back. After a few weeks anyone else would have thought it was odd and either chased the company up or carried on applying for other jobs. Fast food places always want staff and it's pretty good money (I have friends who are managers in a few down here). When I was your age I applied to Mcdonalds at this time of year, had an interview 2 days later and started in the early January, so I know its possible. Clothes, music and book stores always want people.
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #162
Geoluhread

Fuck the 5 minutes limit.

Let me edit that ^

Quote:
You were or currently are?
If you -are- and you do not work, who's paying for it?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #163
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
If you're not working, who's paying for it?
A little thing called the SAAS.
They pay for my education.
So, I'm currently in College.
Alarica, I couldn't work in a food place.
I'm Vegan. Working around all that meat would make me feel ill. Take the piss if you want, but I'm being deadly serious.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #164
honeythorn

Did you not read my post? Go to a job agency.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #165
Alarica

Ms.Crowbar, to be honest, I dont think you want to work, and are full of excuses. There are plenty of jobs you can do, as honeythorn said.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #166
Ms.Crowbar

There's the slight problem of not being able to find one, my dear, especially during the credit crunch where people are losing their jobs.
I want a job. I need the money. I'm more than willing to work. I'm going to Job Centre Plus on Thursday to see if they can help me any. I'll also see if I can get a job with the British Heart Foundation or Save The Children. I think I'll just have to start saving up what money I get from my Bursary.
I was actually talking to a friend who does the same course as me. She said that if my parents were to throw me out, I'd be classed as homeless and would therefore be liable for a house.
Maybe being thrown out woudl be so bad afterall.
I'd get away from my parents.....
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #167
JCC

You're vegan, but you would work for the British Heart Foundation? You're on the internet and probably have every luxury available, but you're complaining about the credit crunch?

Man, you are such a fucking idiot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #168
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
You're vegan, but you would work for the British Heart Foundation? You're on the internet and probably have every luxury available, but you're complaining about the credit crunch?

Man, you are such a fucking idiot.
Hey, having a computer doesn't necessarily mean that I'm rolling in money.
My Dad works full-time as a HR manager.
My Mum works part-time as a Nurse.
I don't have every luxury available. My parents don't give me pocket money, you know. Why else do you think that my education is being funded by the SAAS and not my parents?
The BHF is a Charity, you idiot. You give clothes to them, clothes that you don't want or no longer fit into. They hang them up in their shops, along with other stuff that you don't want or need (Within reason). When people buy this stuff, the money made from that goes towards researching for a cure for Heart disease, something which my Great Grandad died of.
It's completely voluntary, working for them. And I just found out that they train you, and you don't need previous work experience to work there.
I may also choose to work in Cancer Research UK, another Charity shop. Or maybe even Save The Children, or Oxfam.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #169
Alarica

Your friends an idiot. If you are made homeless and are deemed to be in need of housing, you will be lucky to get a bedsit. Houses go to families that are homeless. They get priority over a sniveling drama student, and the reason for being homeless being 'I was too stupid to hide a book, but hit my altar' will get you laughed at, not rehoused.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #170
Steppenwolf

Quote:
I wish I could laugh at this , I really do ...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #171
MollyMac

Quote:

I think I see the problem.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #172
jack_the_knife

Quote:
On global terms it does. Are you aware that most of the world survives on 2$ a day? If you've tried that for a week, then you'll be a bit more thankful for the luxuries that you happen to possess.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #173
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I don't believe you -did- mention that.

Quote:
I also thought I already mentioned that I've applied to sevral different shops in two of the largest tourist hotspots in Scotland, Dundee and St. Andrews. They didn't get back to me about going for an interview, and I've been waiting since waaaaay before Christmas. None of them even offered me a job as a Christmas temp, either, and now it's too late.
You aren't listening to -any- of the advice we're giving you, are you?

Please stop repeating about the jobs that haven't gotten back to you; we've already responded to that, several times. -_-;;;;;

Quote:
Tam: I can forget asking my parents for anything while they're still pissed off at me.
Well, you could always make an effort to make peace with them instead of staying pissed at them for over a week due to a silly book. :/

Another alternative is moving on-campus to your college; that way you could have your freedom, and not have to pay too much.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 AM   #174
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
There's the slight problem of not being able to find one, my dear, especially during the credit crunch where people are losing their jobs.
So, what about all those other people without experience who are able to find jobs?

Quote:
I want a job. I need the money. I'm more than willing to work. I'm going to Job Centre Plus on Thursday to see if they can help me any. I'll also see if I can get a job with the British Heart Foundation or Save The Children. I think I'll just have to start saving up what money I get from my Bursary.
Yay!! Pro-active actions are pro-active!

Quote:
I was actually talking to a friend who does the same course as me. She said that if my parents were to throw me out, I'd be classed as homeless and would therefore be liable for a house.
Maybe being thrown out woudl be so bad afterall.
I'd get away from my parents.....
I dunno; I'm pretty sure it doesn't work quite like that. Besides which...as much as you may want them to....I seriously doubt your parents are going to throw you out homeless on to the streets.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #175
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
My Dad works full-time as a HR manager.
My Mum works part-time as a Nurse.
I don't have every luxury available. My parents don't give me pocket money, you know. Why else do you think that my education is being funded by the SAAS and not my parents?
Oh noes!! NO POCKET MONEY!!1!1!

But seriously, they let you stay in their house, rent-free, without having to pay for groceries or any other utilities, right? For a lot of kids your age, that's pretty damned luxurious.

Quote:
The BHF is a Charity, you idiot. You give clothes to them, clothes that you don't want or no longer fit into. They hang them up in their shops, along with other stuff that you don't want or need (Within reason). When people buy this stuff, the money made from that goes towards researching for a cure for Heart disease, something which my Great Grandad died of.
It's completely voluntary, working for them. And I just found out that they train you, and you don't need previous work experience to work there.
But...I thought you wanted money....?

Quote:
I may also choose to work in Cancer Research UK, another Charity shop. Or maybe even Save The Children, or Oxfam.
While all of those are admirable, it sort of goes against everything else you've said about wanting work experience AND money...

Nevertheless, at least your trying [I hope], so I wish you the best of luck!