Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
masquerade

rar

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a frequent gamer, I occasionally write, I tend to devour books like chocolate, and sometimes I'll butcher something on photoshop.

I spend my days shaping the minds of the tinest of peoples, I am a Pre-school teacher.

2. Where are you from?
I am from a lot of places. I claim Texas at the moment.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Ian McEwan, Lisa See, Thomas Harris, and sometimes even a little Sherrilyn Kenyon.

4. What are your favorite films?
Pride and Prejudice, I <3 Huckabee's, Atonement, Azumi, Death Trance, Sukiyaki Western Django, The Labyrinth, Willow

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Ahaha.. well since I was a little girl I wanted David Bowies- As The World Falls Down.

6. At your funeral?
Hmm there is a song in the movie King Arthur "We Will Go Home" I'm pretty sure that's what I want.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I'd love to die as the last person alive during a zombie invasion.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Black, but together quite badly just in case I wasn't all the way dead. I have a phobia of being buried alive after Kill Bill.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I'm rather simple this decade, I tend to enjoy just some dark jeans, a corset or black top depending on the day and if I'm working, boots or flats. I tend to focus more on my makeup and hair lately.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The ability to make friends with anyone. The lack of responsibility, and getting to be April anytime I wanted playing Ninja Turtles.

11. What's your favorite band?
The Cure, David Bowie, Orgy, Placebo, Sneaker Pimps it varies.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Early Childhood Development

13. Why did you join?
Interested in meeting like minded people, new people, all that fun stuff.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I have boobs, the cool kind.
masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Mr. Filth

You are one cool chick. Welcome.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
What sort of video games do you enjoy?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Saya

Ooooh, a gamer! What games do you play?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
masquerade

I am a WoW addict, Fall Out 3, I still play the class RPG's such as Final Fantasy when I get a chance, I enjoy Oblivion, dying many times to 14 yr olds on Halo and Gears of War when I had xbox live working. Mass Effect, and currently I'm dorking out on some Star Trek.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
Mr. Filth

I'm with you on the Final Fantasy series. I loved getting completely lost in those games for days on end growing up.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
masquerade

My favorite all time game ever has to be Secret of Mana. I spent many months neglecting my school work for that one.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
Saya

Haven't played Secret of Mana before, its on our list of things to download on our Wii. Although I've been neglecting games in favour of WoW lately as well Horde or ally?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
Mr. Filth

I remember that one coming out around the same time as Chrono Trigger. Great combination real time RPG.

Care to share any of your photoshop material?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
masquerade

I was horde for years before my guild happened to ditch me for Warhammer Online, then I found out my old roommate was playing Alliance on a server so I followed him to that server. Now I get to play a goat. I actually enjoy my goat though.

I don't think I can yet, or not until a certain amount of posts. It's nothing all that wonderful, I tend to just screw around and make signatures for another site I frequent.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #11
Renatus

Which star trek game? and are you a Borg fan too?

Speaking of science fiction are you a fan of science fiction games in particular, because I know a good sci-fi mmo I could introduce you to.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
masquerade

Is it Eve Online?!

I played that one for awhile if it is, I quite enjoyed it.. just got addicted to WoW in the meantime.

I am playing Legacy.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #13
Wednesday Friday Addams

Are you a scrub?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade
Is it Eve Online?!

I played that one for awhile if it is, I quite enjoyed it.. just got addicted to WoW in the meantime.

I am playing Legacy.
Yep it is. Though maybe it's time you returned, they've made quite a few updates recently. One being a complete overhaul of the graphics. Also this march they're finaly fullfilling the dream, they're finaly letting us out of our pods!

Apparently we'll be able to walk into our corperate offices, and even buy space inside the station for things like bars where they'll make minigames available.

They're also working on letting us go on the planets, making a EVE online TV show, and adjusting the client so it is easier to run multiple accounts at once, Tech 3, and discoverable wormholes into new controllable areas of space.

There is one other gnetter who also plays on EVE online with me.

I've seen Star Trek Legacy but what I've played of it's demo kind of discouraged me due to it's control scheme.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Yep it is. Though maybe it's time you returned, they've made quite a few updates recently. One being a complete overhaul of the graphics. Also this march they're finaly fullfilling the dream, they're finaly letting us out of our pods!

Apparently we'll be able to walk into our corperate offices, and even buy space inside the station for things like bars where they'll make minigames available.

They're also working on letting us go on the planets, making a EVE online TV show, and adjusting the client so it is easier to run multiple accounts at once.

There is one other gnetter who also plays on EVE online with me.

I've seen Star Trek Legacy but what I've played of it's demo kind of discouraged me due to it's control scheme.

Are you getting payed?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Are you getting paid?
No it's just you see in EVE online players have for years been asking to be let out of our pods. For 5 years everyone has been stuck onboard their spaceships in pods with all our senses hardwired into the ship. We're eager to FINALY get out of our pods.

The only other way out of our pods is to get blown up, and the split-second a pod is breached our minds get transfered to another body, in another pod, so it's impossible to escape! Talk about cabin fever. I've never even seen what I look like below the shoulder.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #17
masquerade

I might look into playing again after the Holidays come and go.

I am not the greatest, nor am I a scrub. I am mediocre at best.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #18
Renatus

Quote:
I might look into playing again after the Holidays come and go.

I am not the greatest, nor am I a scrub. I am mediocre at best.
You seem rather interesting, do you have a Instant messenger of some sort?

Also we have at least two other people down in Texas that I know of, one is in Dallas, the other I cannot remember.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #19
masquerade

I'm around Dallas.

Yeah I have it listed in my profile I do believe for AIM I have others too, but I don't use them as often.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #20
Renatus

Quote:
I'm around Dallas.

Yeah I have it listed in my profile I do believe for AIM I have others too, but I don't use them as often.
I'm afraid it isn't visible. You see gnet's profiles arn't very.... comprehensive. You see this whole website is moderated by one person and a long while back was driven to greatly reduce Gnet's features. We're lucky as it is to even have a in-forum private messaging system because untill not too long ago the administrator had it disabled.

I'm betting the administrator has that second of all profiles bocked. But don't try to post your email as the censor will block it, you need a certain number of posts in order to be able to post links. Just post your screen name but I must warn you I don't use aim nearly as much as I use msn messenger. Which works best for you

Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
masquerade

Ahh that's a shame. Thanks for telling me though, that's a bit of history I don't think I would have found out on my own.

AIM: Pennyrobothands
MSN: Pennyrobothands and its hotmail i believe.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Mr. Filth

Quote:

I don't think I can yet, or not until a certain amount of posts. It's nothing all that wonderful, I tend to just screw around and make signatures for another site I frequent.
30 is the marker to posting links. You can see a rough example of me screwing around with photoshop it in my profile photo. Maybe I'll get around to uploading some things later this week.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #23
masquerade

Ahh yeah do that.

I love seeing other peoples work.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #24
DIY Destruction

Did you say Secret of Mana? That's sick! I also liked Secret of Evermore if you remember that one. What part of Texas are you from?
DIY Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #25
masquerade

I am around Dallas.

Yeah I would spend hours on Secret of Mana, I think I had a crush on the little toon guy. I don't recall the other one though.