Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #26
DRM

I became goth because I felt more in touch and exsepted by this culture then most, and because being goth just felt right.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #27
girasol

I don't think I am a goth.
I agree with Emily. I think people just gravitate towards things they fin interesting and form their habits and styles around whatever they find to be a long term interest.
I have always been interested in alternative music, dodgy grungy pubs (they never checked ID in istanbul), psychology, fetish wear, horror and fantasy books/movies, and I guess I stick around because most of my friends are goth or are some way connected to this scene.

I became very depressed when I was 15 and I attracted a lot of weirdos when I changed friend groups, started skipping class and having beer and going to gigs. What I experienced wasn't allowed. I was too young and it made me even more intrigued. I just didn't feel as though I were a part of all the cool and normal kids at my college and school. I also found a lot of interesting and open minded people who just happened to be goth or metal heads.

sorry for the rant. Thats how everything began for me. But I love listening to th cardigans and placebo and a little turkish grunge more than any other band. I don't always have to wear black. And I don't feel as though the rest of the population is comprised of idiots. I have found the scene in this town to be very closed and quite bitchy and competitive. Its still better than anything else in my books.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #28
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM
I became goth because I felt more in touch and exsepted by this culture then most, and because being goth just felt right.
-1 "I felt more in touch"
-1 "accepted"
-1 "just felt right"
-1 for spelling

Total: -4.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #29
Mr. Filth

Gothellbound=

Cause that's a surefire shit level of hell. I mean. I only ever said goth had more to do with music when I was trolling... Some people actually mean it though. Do you know how sad that makes Jesus? For real. Really fucking sad.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #30
Beneath the Shadows

First, I saw the style. And I liked it. Then, I got exposed to the music. And I liked it as well. Then I was goth.

Then I realized that I wasn't quite goth, and so I stopped calling myself that. But I still like the style and the music.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #31
All Shall Be Judged

Dear Necrotansy,

Each time you see a goth, know that daddy fucked them, and they liked it. This is the only possible explanation for the reservoir of darkness which lies behind the eyes of those who dress in black and listen to such drivel as Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. The emotions involved create a swirling vortex of self-hatred which can only be assuaged through externalisation of the blackness within.

Glad to have been able to clarify this for you,
The Judge
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #32
Despanan

I became "Goth" because I like goth rock, enjoy dancing at industrial clubs. That's about it.

Of course I really didn't get involved in the scene until after college, so I was mostly done with my teenage angst phase, and thus it played little to no factor in my "conversion".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #33
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I plan to relay this data to god
Andi Sexgang?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #34
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Depends.

Brutal honesty? It's better to dress all in black and have people call you a goth instead of calling you something else, like that fat nerdy kid who'll never get laid.

MOST goths that I've met became goth because their initial reaction to being an "outcast" in society led them to believe it was a good move. Vampires are sexier than a geek. o_0
You know, I think so too, except, Goths are too hot to call nerdy. There are still plenty of hope and options. Nerds happen when there are no social options.

Oh yeah, besides wearing black and being depressed I was also an artist. I think some people out there still believe I will actually do something with my life they wouldn't dream of. (Otherwise, a lot of my friends have been nerds.)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #35
MegearaErotica

I listen to the right style of music and have tendencies towards being goth, but seldom wear the stereotypical clothes. I never truly became 'goth' though.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 AM   #36
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged
Dear Necrotansy,

Each time you see a goth, know that daddy fucked them, and they liked it. This is the only possible explanation for the reservoir of darkness which lies behind the eyes of those who dress in black and listen to such drivel as Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. The emotions involved create a swirling vortex of self-hatred which can only be assuaged through externalisation of the blackness within.

Glad to have been able to clarify this for you,
The Judge
I just peed a little.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #37
BaronBarker

I started because of music myself, I listen to a lot of different types but I love some good goth stuff and a lot of melodic stuff and I like some classical music even
BaronBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #38
Tam Li Hua

Out of curiosity, why are you reviving long-dead threads..?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
BaronBarker

oh sorry about that I don't usually look at when the last threads were posted i'm kind of a newbie on here I've only had an account for about three days or so, sorry
BaronBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #40
Duane

The music is awesome, and the people you meet are great.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote