Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #51
I Am Great.

I'm pretty sure Catholics feel offended when you lot rag on them.

Fucking double standards, yeah?
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #52
korinna5555

I was never ragging on Catholics
I love Franciscan monks.. I've had some really cool conversations with the ones that used to visit my mother's church.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

Think of it this way:
a lot of catholics and christians would find your agreeing with Gandhi's quote offensive, seenig as they believe their religion can't be stained through time as it comes from the One and Only Almighty.
You're as offensive as I am to many people.

Drawing the line: one of the worst products of postmodernism.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #54
I Am Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I was never ragging on Catholics
I love Franciscan monks.. I've had some really cool conversations with the ones that used to visit my mother's church.
Yes, you fucking did. It's all through this fucking thread, along with a bunch of other people doing it. I wish you lot would grow the fuck up. There's much worse shit out there to be bitching about than peoples belief systems. My Pop's a Mormon, and even though I'm not religious, I fucking respect it. At least my youngest sister is getting a better childhood than I did because of it. Religion can make people happy, and I think that's the majority of non-religious have with it.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #55
Necrophagist

A lot of them use the justification: if u beleef in gd den ur week mindedd!!!

Well fuck em, they're moral coward anyways.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #56
KontanKarite

What the fuck are you people going on about?

I'd wager that non-believers are more pissed that religions are a social and political force that seeks to impede on the liberties of others than people actually believing that there's something bigger than them out there.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #57
Necrophagist

Damn heathens!

Kontan I thought we were okay, but you just suck!

Ladies, ladies.

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #58
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
Last Sunday night at church, my youth pastor ...
I just need some help.
You finally see what I've been trying to tell you over the last year and a half! I'm so happy for you I could kiss you and not care at all about the people in the hallways shouting out "Lesbian!". By the way, get on your myspace.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #59
Necrophagist

^ Hahahaha an atheist Missionary!

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #60
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Spiritual atheism; it's the only way to go in an age that demands finally getting our act together.
Yeah! If we can get the Muslims to give up their faith and the Jews to give up theirs we can get back to fighting over oil and money!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #61
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I find that really fucking offensive.
You might feel satisfied with atheism, but I'm not.
Seriously Jillian! Not everyone is satisfied with coherent logic and rational thought, some of us need to believe that birch trees have souls.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #62
Godslayer Jillian

Joker, we have to meet up in summer.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #63
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Yeah! If we can get the Muslims to give up their faith and the Jews to give up theirs we can get back to fighting over oil and money!
I laughed really hard at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Seriously Jillian! Not everyone is satisfied with coherent logic and rational thought, some of us need to believe that birch trees have souls.
And this.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #64
Joker_in_the_Pack

I couldn't resist, I tried, and failed. Something about a pagan who runs around the boards bragging about her leg hairs taking herself seriously just set me off.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #65
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
I couldn't resist, I tried, and failed. Something about a pagan who runs around the boards bragging about her leg hairs taking herself seriously just set me off.
So when I strip birch bark to make stuff, is that like skinning a person alive?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #66
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
So when I strip birch bark to make stuff, is that like skinning a person alive?
Yeah, I reckon those people only drink water laced with all natural vitamins (that didn't come from plants?) and such. I don't know, I think even raw vegans to be weird, so someone who won't eat any living thing of any kind make me confused.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #67
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Yeah, I reckon those people only drink water laced with all natural vitamins (that didn't come from plants?) and such. I don't know, I think even raw vegans to be weird, so someone who won't eat any living thing of any kind make me confused.
They eat rocks. High concentration of minerals....

Ba-dum-tish

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #68
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
They eat rocks. High concentration of minerals....

Ba-dum-tish
But there's a rock goddess too! Don't want to anger her or she'll... well she'll sit there collecting fucking moss, but we should be scared anyway!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #69
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
But there's a rock goddess too! Don't want to anger her or she'll... well she'll sit there collecting fucking moss, but we should be scared anyway!
It's funny, because real paganism is about the power of nature. All the popular Pagan offshoots just made it into "God/Godess of ______" and how we shouldn't harm nature. And we all know there's NO violence in nature.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #70
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
It's funny, because real paganism is about the power of nature. All the popular Pagan offshoots just made it into "God/Godess of ______" and how we shouldn't harm nature. And we all know there's NO violence in nature.
Real paganism is an outdated group of beliefs with spiritual explanations that are now null and void thanks to science.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #71
PortraitOfSanity

Pretty much.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #72
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
^ Hahahaha an atheist Missionary!
No, I'm an anti-bullshit missionary. I preach on various other issues such as "Sparkly Vampires Are Pansies" and "Why the Fuck Does America Think Obama Will Magically Change the Whole Countries' Economics?".
My latest seminar will be titled "Why Does G.net Allow Saying Fuck But Not **** or ******?"
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #73
Vivi

I do not have faith in any God. I use logic and conclude things such as there having to be something that exists beyond matter to create the universe. I keep my mind open to the possibilities but realise that there is very little that i can come to a definite decision on. I advise people not to follow a religion, but consider the teachings and stories of ALL religions then draw together all the myths into possible fact. There is this thing called philosophy, you see. Very useful. After reading quite alot about religion and science I combined the two and I think that theistic evolution makes more sense than any religious teachings or the theory of evolution on its own. I am still agnostic am no sheep to humans trying to make everything so damn sentimental.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #74
Drake Dun

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=34-1W_...eature=related

I can't believe people still bandy around these first cause arguments. We don't know what happened until after the Planck epoch, but even pretending that we knew all time, space, and energy were created at some particular point, it's absurd to speak of anything "before" that point by definition, to say nothing of the leap across an inferential chasm it takes to get from there to "magic man done it."

The history of evolution on this planet is starkly impersonal. It's silly to imagine some all-powerful intelligent being "outside of space and time" (whatever that means) spending three or four billion years just tinkering around with single celled organisms before getting off his butt to cram all of the more interesting stuff into the last billion or so, placing humans as the cherry on top right at the end, 200,000 years ago. Why not just poof it all magically into existence, like in the Bible?

It's like he's going out of his way to make it look like it was all natural. Either that, or humanity was never the point in the first place. So you either have a deceitful god, or a god who is irrelevant to our lives - and no evidence for either. If you're so desperate to believe that reality is superintended by a celestial daddy surrogate that you can find ways to squeeze him into the ever-narrowing gaps left for him to hide from the light of science in, you're welcome to him. But you're really no better off than all the generations who came before - just making stuff up.

Try this thought experiment. Rewind to 500 B.C. You have two guys arguing about the nature of the sun. One guy says that it's a fiery chariot driven around by a magic man. The other guy is honest and admits he doesn't know what it is, but he thinks the first guy's explanation is bunk. Your job is to show why the second guy has the philosophical high ground. Remember, you don't get to use any knowledge about the world that wasn't discovered until after 500 B.C.

If you can't figure out how to do that, you've discovered a spot where your own thinking could use some developing. If you can, better yet. Now apply the same approach to modern instantiations of the god hypothesis and see what you get.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #75
Magila

Atheism is the way to go if you just can't get it.
Magila is offline   Reply With Quote