Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Mr. Filth

Wtf mailing inquiry.

I ordered a couple albums through Best Buy online with a gift certificate that my brother gave me for christmas. It's been a week and it says that shit got mailed the day after I placed the order. I track it and it says it's on the way.

I'm not used to ordering stuff online. Does it usually take this long?
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Duane

Sometimes it does.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
I Am Great.

It can, yeah. A chick from Cork sent me a letter once. It arrived three months later. She could have walked from her house to when I was living at the time, posted it and walked back in that time. Sometimes the mail service is just crap.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Mr. Filth

This is why I like record stores and am pissed to shit that fuckers with no taste in music are putting them out of business. When Tower shut down I wept. Now if I want to buy an album on the day it comes out I need to drive all the way to Hollywood and visit Amoeba. That place is a music mecca. Two story warehouse of nothing but music. They have a death metal section and a noise section, each the size of a traditional store in it's own.

Fuck MP3's. I fucking hate where this has taken us.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Duane

I hardly ever have the time to go out for music, even when I do... well I'm too lazy to get my liscence to be able to drive to SLC. So, I order stuff online, from Amazon.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
I Am Great.

Filth, for noise online, check out RRRecords.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
KontanKarite

Filth... This is a rare case. From my experiences, it's taken about 4 days or less for shit to get to me.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Mr. Filth

Yeah, I've gotten mail before and usually that's the case. Just never from a business. That's why I'm worried about this order. If it doesn't come tomorrow I'll write them.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #9
viscus

How did you have it shipped? If you selected media mail (typically the cheapest option), then it can take up to six weeks sometimes. I've had that happen with a DVD.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
Mr. Filth

No just regular shipping. I just checked and I think the holidays got in the way. It says it was "Shipped" a week ago, but only really made it through all the 'hoops' by the 3rd of this month. So I guess I can still expect it tomorrow or the day after without being too depressed.

I still miss music stores.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #11
Malice In Wonderland

I ordered some shoes that should have arrived the next day just before Christmas.
But due to the holidays everything goes a bit hectic and stuff's gonna take longer.
I blame the Christmas cards.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
Sanguine Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
Now if I want to buy an album on the day it comes out I need to drive all the way to Hollywood and visit Amoeba.
Wow you've acually been there?
I...Fucking...love...Amoeba!
Sanguine Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Amoeba is, indeed, awesome!

Be forewarned that ordering stuff from Best Buy online can be more hassle than it's worth. :/ If you can find it on their site, Amazon's usually MUCH better about getting things to folks in a timely fashion.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
Joker_in_the_Pack

Yeah, Amazon does own on shipping, it's also usually cheaper.

I've been to Amoeba, it owns pretty hard. When I'm in California, Los Angeles especially, I like to stop in and pester the people at Hardline Records. It's the most amazing fucking hardcore/punk/thrash store in the freaking world man. I had half a mind moving to LA just to be near that store. It's on Melrose and Fairfax, or near it anyway. Fucking great place.

There are some cool places near here too, but not too helpful to Filth.

Also, how fast you get your shit is relative to how far you are from where they're shipping it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Mr. Filth

It arrived today. All is well.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
Mr. Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Amoeba is, indeed, awesome!

Be forewarned that ordering stuff from Best Buy online can be more hassle than it's worth. :/ If you can find it on their site, Amazon's usually MUCH better about getting things to folks in a timely fashion.
I had a gift certificate.