Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Was he murdered or did he commit suicide?
Suicide 20 60.61%
Murder 13 39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2005, 05:13 AM   #26
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
... which probably proved my point.
As stated, my statement was for sake of humour. Whenever I don't know something, I prefer to google it, resort to a dictionary or encyclopedia. I prefer not to let people think less of me than they do.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #27
blackdragon

i think he was murdered...the case seemed to confusing to be a suicide and too many evidence
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #28
Circle V

Too much evidence. It's a common mistake if English isn't your first language (I'm hoping it isn't.)

It seems to me like it was probably a suicide, but I'll admit that I'm not exactly an expert on the subject. He certainly wasn't going to live much longer even if it was a murder.

Cobain was a great musician. I don't know how great a man he was, but perhaps I'm just ignorant.

Marilyn Manson wrote an article for Rolling Stone about Cobain and other stars who died at the height of their fame (including Jesus.) It was a rather good article-- I didn't even realize that Manson was the author until after I finished it. It raised my opinion of the man quite a bit.
Circle V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #29
blackdragon

^it just seemed tht way.....but im probabley wrong on tht too much evidence thing im not a cop or somethin..i should have put too many rumors u gotta admit there have been rumors goin on about his death..but i could be wrong.. again i dont know wht to think maybe its better not to find out wht really happen to kurt kobain..maybe it isnt better to not find out wht really happen....who knows..these days u can never tell
Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #30
blackdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
"u"? Some people must not read "For The Newbies".

Without it, it's kind of hard to survive...
i think i can manage w/out it....its only comments
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #31
blackdragon

well it gave me info...on the website..i read it and it didnt give me any knowledge...but who knows it might help me in the future
Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #32
blackdragon

ya i guess youre right...who knew a topic actually helped me out
Old 11-24-2005, 02:52 AM   #33
Unholy_Traitor

Kurt Cobain SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nirvana sucks!!! Grunge isn't misic!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! I don't fucking care how kurt died, he was just a loser!!! he couldn't play guitar and nor could he sing!!!!
Unholy_Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #34
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy_Traitor
Kurt Cobain SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nirvana sucks!!! Grunge isn't misic!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! I don't fucking care how kurt died, he was just a loser!!! he couldn't play guitar and nor could he sing!!!!
Now, now, silly...

That's what we call opinion, not fact. Now calm your opinion down a few notches.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #35
InfectiousKiss

One exclaimation point is good enough. We see that you need a fresh pair of pants, mission accomplished.
InfectiousKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #36
Unholy_Traitor

Kurt Cobain sucks!!!! And that's a fuckin' fact!!! The greatest moment in modern history was the day Kurt Donald Quack Quack Duck-Fuck Cobain blew his none-existing brains out! If I knew what kind of gun he used, I would personally have travelled long ways to shake the hands of whoever made it. If I ever am in Kurt's hometown, I'll fucking piss on his grave. After I dance on it, of course. His music sucked, he was ugly, he was the most un-talented artist ever. He was a joke, a really, terrible, awful joke! His so-called "carreer" must have been some kind of experiment, to see how much crappy music one person could put out, and how many stupid followers he could get. The only thing that isn't good about him being gone is the fact that he can't stand trial about all the suicidal messages he's put in his bad, depressive music, and all the deaths he's caused indirectly because of it, wether he ever knew it or not. Grunge is a disease, and luckily most of it has been cured. But there are still some sad examples of people that are still into this shit. One word of advice: Get away from it! It's not too late yet! The facts are already in your brains, sweetheart. You just have to realize how fucked up your life is first.
Unholy_Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 AM   #37
Bach

Wow, easy there "Unholy_Traitor", whatever Kurt Cobain Sucked or rocked is really not the point of this thread.
I'm no big Nirvana fan myself, but I must admit that I've enjoyed their music more than once.

As for the matter of him killing himself or not, I would say that I really don't care, he's dead, and that's a fact we all have to live with.
Even if he where murdered, would there be any point in punishing his murder- He would have gotten himself killed sooner or later...
Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #38
rockandrose

Bach, you're new and you have logic.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:17 AM   #39
Bach

Thumbs up

Logic is the way of the wicked- It's true as "Tool" says in the lyrics of "Lateralus":
"Overthinking, overanalysing- seperates to body from the mind"
I don't agree with them, however, that it's a bad thing...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 AM   #40
rockandrose

Sometimes, I tend to overthink and overanalyse. It can be quite unhealthy at times.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:42 AM   #41
Bach

Exclamation

It certainly depends on your point of view, and the situation you’re in.
If you overanalysing causes you to become jealous on a friend, boyfriend and so on, over nothing then yes it unhealthy. (Just an example, but it usually goes in that category)
If it causes you to raise questions about the world that you are so unfortunate to inhabit, or the fabric of the universe, the mind and the soul; well I can’t see nothing wrong with that.
Ascendance!

Dammit in blabbering today- To much coffee..
Old 12-02-2005, 05:45 AM   #42
rockandrose

The fact that I tend to overthink which can lead to headaches, and when I'm overanalysing, it can complicate the simplest things or in turn assist me in making confident decisions.

I guess these attributes makes me a "confusing" person.

I can easily figure out my friends reasonably well but for others to figure me out would somtimes go beyond a maths equation. I know my best friend both emotionally and mentally very well. Yet, she can barely figure out what could possibly be on my mind etc.

I talk too much useless bullshit.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #43
rockandrose

Kurt Cobain's music doesn't appeal to me.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #44
Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Kurt Cobain's music doesn't appeal to me.
Hmm I would say that Nirvana has made a few decent numbers for when you just want to chill out. "The man who sold me the world" is a good example hereoff.
But not my favorite band either, for good chilling; may i recommend "Darling Violetta"?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #45
rockandrose

It's not that I despise his music or that I think its piss-poor. It's one of those bands or singers where the music simply doesn't appeal to me.

Similarly, Pearl Jam has never appealed to me. The voice doesn't help either. By any means, I don't dismiss it's talent or good attributes the band has to offer.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #46
Metatron

It's just you.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #47
NightwishCobain

hmmm....well at least suicide is top of the poll....?
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #48
NightwishCobain

lol sorry, i haven't been here in ages
Old 02-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #49
NightwishCobain

yeah i did
Old 02-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #50
NightwishCobain

okp thanks for the thought