Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
deathwolf

I have been through death before

Hi everybody,

I would love to talk more with Gothics, here are few facts about me:
- I believe that being a Gothis deosn't mean that you have to love death, the rest of the people are more tending to think about death, they just deny it because they are hypocritica, WE ARE NOT.
- I am supposed to be dead now, why? because I have been living in the middle of somewhere in this world where the people are just concerned about killing each other and nothing else.
- I am back to life, but I started to think abou tlife as more worthless than before and I belive that it is really worthless.
- Looking at things from the dark side doesn't mean becoming a non-productive person; on the contrary it means being able to knw how to serve the ignorant humanity.

I would love to talk to Gothic people and exchange ideas with them.
Here is my chirp number on Nextel: 112*848*1670
deathwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
HavelockV

Good day to you, sir. Despite my relative inexperience in this community, I would strongly encourage that you refrain from posting such personal contact information as a cellular phone number where all may access it. Such behavior is not only reckless but ill-advised.

That being said, welcome.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Havelock's advice is wise, you would do well to take heed and follow it.

That being said, I have come very close to death several times, but never actually died.

Once it was fun (because I was drunk and didn't realize I was close to being killed) and the other times it was just like going to sleep.

What was your experience?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwolf View Post
- Looking at things from the dark side doesn't mean becoming a non-productive person; on the contrary it means being able to knw how to serve the ignorant humanity.
Ahahaha.
tencharacters
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
- I am supposed to be dead now, why? because I have been living in the middle of somewhere in this world where the people are just concerned about killing each other and nothing else.
... Seattle?

Why in Caracalla's name has there been such an influx of morons lately? Have the admins been slipping gnet info packets into Twilight DVDs?

EDIT: On topic, I almost died once. A lightning bolt came up through the chimney right next to my room. Afterward I was pretty stricken by my own mortality, and considered that perhaps, as any day could be my last, I should endeavor to be kinder to others, to be more receptive to new experiences, and to make every second with which I'm blessed count. However, I soon thought the better of it, and here I am making fun of strangers on gnet. I'm a paragon.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Alarica

Quote:
Says someone who's post I had to read 3 fucking times because I couldnt find a translator at this hour.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
JCC

Fuck you and go away. I'm fed up of making half-witty retorts, there's too many of you fuckers now and I'm feeling overworked.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
deathwolf

HavelockV and Humane Pain: Thanks a lot for your kind advice, anyway I can't change it anymore, but I will use for the future. You both seemed like really mature Gothics, it's of my pleaseure to have you as friends.

For the Rest of replies: GO TO HELL WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKEN POSERS.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
JCC

Ah yes, it appears that this one appreciates fine epic poetry, damning us to the ninth circle, where Alighieri wrote about the woes of the traitors and the FUCKEN POSERS suffering therein. We should aspire to be as cultured as this man, clearly he does himself a great disservice in mixing with we peasants.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
deathwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Ah yes, it appears that this one appreciates fine epic poetry, damning us to the ninth circle, where Alighieri wrote about the woes of the traitors and the FUCKEN POSERS suffering therein. We should aspire to be as cultured as this man, clearly he does himself a great disservice in mixing with we peasants.
Oh yeah, blah blah..... what don't you just shut the fuck up?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
Becca_Lugosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post

^^agrees^^

As much as I don't like to diss people right off the bat, eh, you must go.
Your abuse of the English language pains me visually.
And never say "we". Your ridiculous idea of trying to group me, or virtually anyone else on this forum, with yourself is disgusting.

Kay, I'm done.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
viscus

Goth is really quite a simple thing. It's not at all what you think it is, and you'll never in 100 years figure it out on your own.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
Tam Li Hua

I understand how you feel. I'm curious to know, though, what country do you hail from?

[I hope this isn't too nitpicky, but just call those in this subculture "Goths". "Gothic" is more of an adjective/adverb than a noun. ;-)]
Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I understand how you feel. I'm curious to know, though, what country do you hail from?

[I hope this isn't too nitpicky, but just call those in this subculture "Goths". "Gothic" is more of an adjective/adverb than a noun. ;-)]
Her location is Seattle. Don't bother correcting her, she's better off using her own invented term than a legitimate one in a sense that doesn't even nearly reflect its definition.

Also, Gothic is never an adverb. Adverbs modify verbs, other adverbs, and occasionally adjectives-- you can often create them by appending 'ly' to an adjective, e.g. quick becoming quickly. No one with whom speaking is of any worth will say something like "His eyes darkened as he stood up gothic", or "He drove as gothic has he could to pick up his prescription from the pharmacy. The sun was gothic bright."
Old 03-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #15
PortraitOfSanity

I've been dead three times. I win.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
HavelockV

Quote:
HavelockV and Humane Pain: Thanks a lot for your kind advice, anyway I can't change it anymore, but I will use for the future. You both seemed like really mature Gothics, it's of my pleaseure to have you as friends.

For the Rest of replies: GO TO HELL WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKEN POSERS.
Can't change it, you say? There should be a button that reads 'edit' at the bottom of your introductory post.

I do try to be as civil as possible, but at the same time I rather think that accusing seasoned board members of being 'poseurs' is not in the best of tastes.

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #17
deathwolf

HavelockV: I am not trying to look like a computer geek here, but the edit bottom would disappear after 7 minutes of posting. I respect your opinion about not calling other members "poseurs", but I think you would rather use your twisted gentle way of writing to disagree with people who "Fuck" and "get away" new members from this forum rather than disagreeing with calling such "assholes" as "poseurs" (JCC:Fuck you and go away. I'm fed up of making half-witty retorts, there's too many of you fuckers now and I'm feeling overworked.).
Tam Li Hua: if you are having certain delusions of being racially discrminated then you have to know that you are wrong they are just deusions, otherwise be careful about what you say over here in this forum, being Gothic is beyond having a specific race, a language or even a nationality. But anyway I feel sorry for you and I wish you will be able to get rid of those fake delusions and wake up we are in the twenty-first century where there is no place for such delusions.
For everybody else; if you think that you would look cool as a Gothic by naming and just simply disagreeing with other people's ideas then you are WRONG.
Being a Gothis is a pretty broad-term, you don't have to be rude, deppressed, nor even of a specific race or nationality. As a Gothis you have to show to the world that you can consider yourself as good as any other subculture.
FINALLY as a neo-gothic person who is living the post-modern life, i have to tell you all that even if I am new over here, and even if I regret being nice in my first introductory posting; but I will keep on defending the term of Gothic with all its associated priciples, without the need to quote from books or other people's saying since I am NOT a POSEUR.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
deathwolf

I hope you would get what I mean!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #19
deathwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_Lugosi View Post
^^agrees^^

And never say "we". Your ridiculous idea of trying to group me, or virtually anyone else on this forum, with yourself is disgusting.

Kay, I'm done.
I applaud you for your great writing Miss Perfect English Speaker.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #20
gothicusmaximus

Oh, haha, I get it. All right, you fooled me for a little bit, I confess it freely, but you slipped up in that last post. There's just no way you're actually this stupid and this socially maladjusted at once. That phone number is your recent ex's or something, right? You're trying to provoke us into leaving annoying voicemails.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #21
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_Lugosi View Post
^^agrees^^

Kay, I'm done.
If you're going to criticize someone's grammar, you should make sure your own is immaculate.
Otherwise, you just look like an ass.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
HavelockV

Quote:
HavelockV: I am not trying to look like a computer geek here, but the edit bottom would disappear after 7 minutes of posting.
Ah, yes, you are correct. I have not yet tried to fix any of my posts long after the fact and did not realize that the 'edit' button does indeed perform a disappearing act. Useful thing to know, I say.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
deathwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Oh, haha, I get it. All right, you fooled me for a little bit, I confess it freely, but you slipped up in that last post. There's just no way you're actually this stupid and this socially maladjusted at once. That phone number is your recent ex's or something, right? You're trying to provoke us into leaving annoying voicemails.
It's my turn to freely confess that I am stupid and socially maladjusted, to prove it: I am on the same forum and even the same thread with a person named GOTHICUSMAXIMUS.
I am sorry if I made you leave a message on my ex's voicemail, but I am sure that she would still be happy that somebody thought about talking to her.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #24
Lady Christine

Well... they say when one experiences death you can have many variations. Some say that when they pass, you watch in an out of body experience, others claim to have gone to hell, and wake screaming. In any case, although I am hardly in any position to be credible welcome, being a fledgling myself, I wish you welcome.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #25
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I would love to talk more with Gothics, here are few facts about me:
- I believe that being a Gothis deosn't mean that you have to love death, the rest of the people are more tending to think about death, they just deny it because they are hypocritica, WE ARE NOT.
- I am back to life, but I started to think abou tlife as more worthless than before and I belive that it is really worthless.

I would love to talk to Gothic people and exchange ideas with them.
Here is my chirp number on Nextel: 112*848*1670

And like the others to stay on topic, I don't think I've really ever been close to death. As a chronic insomniac once I downed half a bottle of ambien because I really wanted to sleep that bad.

Slept for 3 days... (My conclusion, OD'ing really isn't as bad as people make it out to be)

Also another conclusion, I dare not risk ever doing that again after what happened to Heath Ledger O_O