Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
Mealla

American McGee's Alice Sequel

Since this is game-related, I thought it would fit better here than in News. I LOVED the first one back when it came out, so here's to hoping the sequel is as good as the first.

http://www.americanmcgee.com/wordpre.../alice-sequel/

Waking up in Shanghai this morning I’m greeted with a flood of emails, facebook messages, and phone calls. The world now knows what we here at Spicy Horse have known for some time: We’re making a sequel to “American McGee’s Alice” with Electronic Arts (EAP to be exact).

Not much can be said about the new project at this time. We are building it here in Shanghai. RJ Berg, who wrote the original and served as Executive Producer on the project, will reprise that role. The game will be delivered on PC, PS3, and 360. More details will come later of course. Until then, you can read the official press release. Or read EA’s official news blurb.

For me and the studio this obviously represents huge news. The original Alice was a good bit of fun - and aspects of the original are still quite compelling. The challenge for us - to build a great game, and a sequel worthy of the original - is real, but not daunting. Over the past few years we’ve assembled a really amazing team. I have full faith in their ability to create something amazing.

For me, this is a dream come true. The project will be fun, the studio can grow (and move - check out my flickr for pics of our new space), and we’ll eventually ship something unique. Lots of potential wrapped up in this news - I know I’ll be doing everything I can to make something great of it.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Schazmyrrh

I loved the first one and all the twists that they did with the characters, so I can't wait for the sequel to come out. Thanks for the news!
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Draconysius

I hope they don't run out of ideas. They took just about everything from the books and twisted it. I wonder what strange lands they'll sicken next? More importantly: how is Alice going to return? She spent the entire game escaping insanity. Well, as long as the level design and soundtrack are just as good, I'll be happy.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote