Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #226
honeythorn

I HATH SEEEEN THE BALDY ONE! I've just got back from Leeds. Saw the Sisters again. VERY good. Sound was great, not too much smoke, Old Eldo very nearly almost looked like he was enjoying himself ! I was crushed as all hell being 2 rows of people off the barrier right in the centre ( excellent view ) but I had my corset on so I was ok.

I didn't stay long at the aftershow party but it was quite good. AND I HAVE A SET LIST! I have every intention of framing it.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #227
Mir

I am SO FUCKING DRUNK. And I'm getting paid for it too. Fuck me sideways. An invitation to... wait.... that sounds like someone...
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #228
Tismine

This is stupid and won't make any sense I just need to talk and speak and share. I don't even recognize half of you; it's doubtful you remember me. And I'm laughing why am I laughing why can't I stop laughing but I did so it's gone...is this even the right place to put this? I'm too tired and too shaky and too floating to care or look or see.
And I have no idea if this is making sense, but I haven't slept and I don't know why, but I know that I'm terrified of it. And I'm too hot much too hot but it's sixty five in here and my feet are so cold they're numb, and my heart is beating insanely fast them slow that fast and shallow. And I've done a lot of things I'm trying not to do, and now I hate myself for it and want to cry and laugh and love them all at the same time. But I can't cry. And I can't eat- the food the disgusting food is making me nauseous but then I DO and I keep eating until I get sick and then I lie and shiver and count the dots on the ceiling. 512, 314. I'm not sick I'm not drunk I'm not high and I'm praying that I'm not going insane..I don't know I don't know I don't know but I can't stop talking, and I really just had to say this to someone, anyone, as long as I 'm not alone.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #229
Solumina

Wow Tismine that sounds pretty intense, I don't really know what to say. You have no idea what has caused this?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #230
Tismine

No..it's been getting worse over the past couple of days. I just stuck my head under the sink. That seemed to calm me down a bit.
I wish I'd done that in the first place, though. Now I feel like a whining idiot.
Swell. I'm getting warm again.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #231
Solumina

It kind of sounds like a manic episode, try to drink a lot of cold water and try to avoid anything with lots of sugar and caffeine. Have you been able to get any sleep?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #232
Tismine

Not for the past four days..
Well, I fell asleep for about three hours on Wednesday, but had a horrible nightmare and woke up.
Can't stomach water at the moment. It makes me get violently ill.
But I think you're right, and I think I'm back to my normal level of sanity. Thank you: I can't express how much it helped me to have someone respond.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #233
Solumina

I'm glad that I could help at least a little. If you don't start getting some sleep soon then you really should go to a doctor.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #234
Tismine

I can't. That would lead to my Dad getting angry at me for being sick all the time, and would lead to psychiatrists and being closely monitored for weeks. Both things I despise.
I'll pass out eventually. I've only made it for a week without sleep, so I'm guessing I'll hit the sheets (...At least, I hope I hit sheets. Knowing my body, it'll prolly choose the moment I'm making a strategic lunge across tile floor to shut down.) sometime on Saturday. ^_^
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #235
Solumina

Oh that sucks, it sounds like you may be a bit of an insomniac, that could be what is causing you to be sick all the time, no sleep = crappy immune system. Try drinking some Kava tea to help you relax at night it may let you catch a few hours of sleep, or in the least get you to wind down a bit so that your body can get a little bit of rest.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #236
Tismine

I'm such an ornery little child- I dislike hot beverages, and won't drink cold tea. :P
My current method, that seemed to work before now, was to read textbooks until I fell asleep.
I miss that method. Led to interesting dreams.

Never thought about my immune system, though. That would explain quite a bit.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #237
Solumina

Haha you are picky, in that case I would recommend eating a banana, the potassium supposedly helps you sleep. It really is amazing how poorly people function without getting decent sleep, it effects our immune system, our mood, and our ability to think so try to get some rest and if need be get yourself in to see the doctor, a simple sleep problem like insomnia wouldn't need to lead to psychiatrists and could help you to be much healthier.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #238
Tismine

I'm tired.
I ate a banana, and I'm tired.
Thank you so much, lovely.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #239
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Haha you are picky, in that case I would recommend eating a banana, the potassium supposedly helps you sleep. It really is amazing how poorly people function without getting decent sleep, it effects our immune system, our mood, and our ability to think so try to get some rest and if need be get yourself in to see the doctor, a simple sleep problem like insomnia wouldn't need to lead to psychiatrists and could help you to be much healthier.
I function on 2-3 hours of sleep a night only 4 out of 7 days a week on average sometimes worse sometimes not as bad....

Tismine... How long have you experienced this and has it happened before?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #240
Duane

Should be here in a few hours.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #241
RozzVanian

I've started a web series (tv show) called "Sad Henry" and just finished filming the first episode, where a group of tweenage girls at a slumber party decide to be goth right on the spot. Features heavily music by Christian Death.

When it's done being edited, I might post a link just so some of you could take a gander at it's oddness.

That's really all that's going on right at this moment. Hope to film another episode soon.

Ciao!
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #242
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
I've started a web series (tv show) called "Sad Henry" and just finished filming the first episode, where a group of tweenage girls at a slumber party decide to be goth right on the spot. Features heavily music by Christian Death.

When it's done being edited, I might post a link just so some of you could take a gander at it's oddness.

That's really all that's going on right at this moment. Hope to film another episode soon.

Ciao!
That sounds quite cool, I look forward to seeing it. It'll be even more refreshing to see such an idea which actually features goth music. The best youtube can offer on such a thing is 'Marilyn Manson' lol.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #243
RozzVanian

Ugh, MANSON? Why does every self-righteous goth kid these days always have Manson at the tops of their lists? He's not even goth!!!

It's almost done now, I can't wait to share it with the world (or at least a portion of America)
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #244
Tismine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
I function on 2-3 hours of sleep a night only 4 out of 7 days a week on average sometimes worse sometimes not as bad....

Tismine... How long have you experienced this and has it happened before?
The shaking an hot flashes: No, and about 4 or five days.

The lack of sleep: Yes, but that was mainly due to nightmares.

And: I fell asleep! After eating a banana, I fell asleep! And it lasted a glorious 7 hours...thank you so much!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #245
RozzVanian

Tismine, I have the same problem. I just can't sleep. I wake up at 4 in the morning every morning. I have to go outside and take a walk. I don't know what would happen if I tried to stay asleep, but I'm not willing to try.

Although I choose not to sleep, I just hate sleep. Sleeping to me is a waste of precious life. Not that my life is precious or anything, but when I'm asleep I'm not functioning and not being productive. I'm the kind of person who likes to create and be productive, and if I'm not, I might as well not be living.

I get on average 4-5 hours of sleep every night. Sometimes less. Sometimes I don't sleep at all. Usually, when I don't sleep...I feel great the next day. I like that feeling. It's like being high without the drugs. I get so much done when I don't sleep.

I like to feel weak...feel numb. I like the feeling of being hyped up on caffeine and nicotine at 2 in the morning. Sure, it's destructive behavior...but I could be doing so much worse to myself.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #246
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tismine View Post
And: I fell asleep! After eating a banana, I fell asleep! And it lasted a glorious 7 hours...thank you so much!
Yay! I'm so glad that you got a good solid sleep.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #247
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
The shaking an hot flashes: No, and about 4 or five days.

The lack of sleep: Yes, but that was mainly due to nightmares.

Yeah Solumina's got good advice, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me, I eat banana's in my cereal for dinner quite often.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #248
RozzVanian

Sad Henry

I just finished the first episode of a little series I'm doing right now called "SAD HENRY".

The episode focuses, in a tongue-in-cheek manner, a bunch of girls in the 80s trying to be goth at a slumber party. One of them decides to make "god juice" for the girls as part of a cult ritual.

Check it out at VIMEO:
http://www.vimeo.com/4097340

(This is not spam, I remember telling someone on this site about my hobbies in filmmaking, so it's relevent!!!)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #249
Tismine

Do we have permission to?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #250
RozzVanian

Quote:
Do we have permission to?
Permission to what?