Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #101
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
Growing up. Just the whole adulthood thing. I'm terrified. I don't think I can function on my own as an adult. Teenage years are hard enough.
Probably.. but I fear growing old more. I see old people looking all helpless and out of place and I just can't stand imagining myself in their shoes. That's two on my list.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #102
Slap Your Love

I have an extreme fear of heights and mayonnaise.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #103
Ebbhead

You know that one pic of the breast with pomegranate seeds photoshopped onto it to look like some sort of freakish infection? No matter how many times I see it, and remind myself it's not real, that one photo never fails to put the shits up me.

I was reading a thread about weird phobias somewhere else, turns out a lot of people are irrationally freaked out by clusters. Clusters of birds, seeds, whatever.
Ebbhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #104
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love View Post
I have an extreme fear of heights and mayonnaise.
Mayonnaise is terrifying. Especially when you're high up on a building.

I'm also afraid of cassette tapes breaking down. I'm always cautious around cassette tapes, I just hate the sound they make when they get jammed in the machine!
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #105
Raptor

Exposed heights is probably my worst. Tall buildings and aircraft I feel safe in, or even at the top of a cliff provided I wasn't by the edge.

Or being killed by some kind of big piece of machinery like the mechanism for raising a bridge. I think that stems from being taken to a bridge tour by my parents when I was younger and they had a room where the ceiling lowered itself.

Or somehow receiving a massive dose of radiation, like those two guys from the Manhattan Project. A blue flash of light to let you know what's happened and that you're going to die, but it will take awhile and is going to be very nasty.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #106
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbhead View Post
You know that one pic of the breast with pomegranate seeds photoshopped onto it to look like some sort of freakish infection? No matter how many times I see it, and remind myself it's not real, that one photo never fails to put the shits up me.
Same here. I'm terrified of it.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #107
Duane

I'm afraid of living a mediocre life, working as a low level, white collar worker for some major corporation that treats the aforementioned workers like shit.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #108
xpoetik_tragedy89x

I have an immense fear of contracting an incurable illness/disease & of losing sight or hearing.
xpoetik_tragedy89x is offline   Reply With Quote