Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
Tam Li Hua

I haven't seen the movie, but I read the first book; that was all I could handle, to be honest.

As for Slap Your Love, I tend to agree with him when it comes to your typing, unfortunately. And trust me, not everyone's going to be as nice as he was about it. :/
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
PrInCeSs 0f G0tH

he?nice???????am i dreaming?????seem that i've already kn0wn m0st 0f the members k0z 0f my writing but i cant d0 anything....i'm addict t0 this....truely im d0ing my best!
ya me 2 im talking ab0ut the b0ok^^
PrInCeSs 0f G0tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Tam Li Hua

Princess: My apologies, but I just can't keep this up; your typing and your nonsense is literally giving me a headache. -_-;;

You typed like a normal person for your break-up post, so I'm going to assume that you -aren't- addicted, and are doing it for other reasons.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
PrInCeSs 0f G0tH

n0 truely i swear 0n my g0th that i'm addict to write like this as for the break up part i'm trying my best t0 write n0rmally....
grrrr this is the 0nly f0rum wh0 is kinda like this!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #30
Tam Li Hua

Princess: Actually, no it's not; most forums with more literate folks prefer to do without the chatspeak. In fact, I think it's even in the rules somewhere that chatspeak isn't allowed on Gnet.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
PrInCeSs 0f G0tH

i d0nt kn0w but pe0ple here are wierd!!!i d0nt kn0w what u guys are really like but u'r different!!!!i've never had a welc0me like that....0h d0esnt matter!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #32
Porcelain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrInCeSs 0f G0tH View Post
0f c0urse they sh0uld have killed him 0r else the film w0uld be inc0mplete with0ut bella,,,
thank G0d Slap Your Love had t0 g0 t0 w0rk
I hope no-one is taking seriously someone who TyPeS LiiKe DiS???????????????????????????????????/
Porcelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #33
PrInCeSs 0f G0tH

what pr0blem d0 u have if i type like this?n0 seri0usly i dont find anything wrong in that....i cant figure it 0ut!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 AM   #34
HavelockV

*Reads the Weather section of the morning paper* "Slightly foggy with a seventy-percent chance of troll."

It speaks the truth.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #35
xxTalaTerror

Okay, let me get this straight.
It started off with a vampire suspision, then to bashing Twilight fans (Which I agree with a lot. I really hate it.), and now to someone that types like she's on major drugs?
Heh, this is some funny shit. <3
xxTalaTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #36
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
what pr0blem d0 u have if i type like this?n0 seri0usly i dont find anything wrong in that....i cant figure it 0ut!!!!

Hey umm... Haven't people been banned for lesser things?

Anyway, Princess, you're getting very annoying and I hate the ignore function so please, type properly or don't spam this place with crap?
leetspeak is VERY annoying.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #37
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain View Post
*sigh*
People used to have a degree of respect for vampyres. Then came Twilight-obsessed emo kids, now known as "vampire kids hardxcorelolwtf" or something like that. I seriously see kids hanging around the city, with those scarecrow fang caps and drinking tomato juice o.o
It's just like how people used to respect goths. Like, they would just mind their own business and no one would care too much. Now you can't friggin walk down the street without being called emo. or bashed for being emo. argh.

[/rant]
Whycome you gotta spell it "vampyres" in that crappy Gother-Than-Thou manner, as if calling 'em "vampires" makes you part of the preteen retard mass?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #38
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire View Post
lmao... Twilight is brainwashing people
More like impressionable teenagers who are too pathetic at living their lives that they've blurred the lines of reality and fiction. *rants*
The government should order everyone to burn the books! *maniacal laugh*
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #39
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky View Post
i read it, its about love, desire and some vamp fighting. it was very werid.
Really? There were vampires in there? I didn't seem to notice.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #40
Denchera

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavelockV View Post
It sounds almost like a real-life version of the South Park episode, 'The Ungroundable'. Rather absurd, actually, that these whelps should be taking such a mediocre adolescent vampire story so seriously.
Whoah, I'm watching that right now. "You cannot ground that which is ungroundable."

I never liked Vampires ever since Twilight was discovered, somehow I knew this would happen, just like the Harry Potter fans who thought they could do magic.

Let's hope they don't ruin Zombies for me...
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #41
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denchera View Post
Whoah, I'm watching that right now. "You cannot ground that which is ungroundable."

I never liked Vampires ever since Twilight was discovered, somehow I knew this would happen, just like the Harry Potter fans who thought they could do magic.

I believe these people are after the polished versions of monsters so they can displace their insecurities in the fantasy, associate themselves with the romanticized creatures and, eventually, soak in their make-believe. So, unless some genius starts making good-looking zombies, I think you're safe.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #42
Mealla

Quote:

My opinion of vampires hasn't changed, but that is because whatever the fuck the creatures in Twilight are, they aren't vampires. Vampires don't sparkle in the sunlight, and have no issue with sex. Real vampires see humans as playthings or food. Think Lestat. Think Zillah. There are occasional exceptions (Louis, Christian, etc.) but other vampires tend to think of them as emo pussies who are barely better than humans. I like vampire horror. Vampires as monsters. Not cliche "vampire" romances where the big bad vampire has to come along and save the poor defenseless girl or woman, and omg they're in love.

I'd imagine real vampires would no longer be capable of love. They'd be jaded by years of failed relationships, sexual boredom, and outliving their human lovers. They might retain the ability to pity humans, but they wouldn't be likely to love. Even if they were capable, I doubt they'd want to love, because getting attached would only lead to heartbreak.

That's my rant for now. Vampires still take a back seat to my werewolf obsession though. Fortunately, it seems werewolves still haven't caught on as much as vampires have, in spite of the fact that they're apparently in the Twilight novels as well.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #43
Fae-wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire View Post
lmao... Twilight is brainwashing people
Funny yet very
very
very
scary....
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #44
Moonlightballet

Hmm interesting I blame that retched (sp?) book Twilight and It's rapid fans.
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
Moonlightballet

Quote:

Yes please don't let the troll authors ruin zombies!
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #46
Porcelain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Whycome you gotta spell it "vampyres" in that crappy Gother-Than-Thou manner, as if calling 'em "vampires" makes you part of the preteen retard mass?
I spelt it with a Y because I wasn't referring to the kind of vampires who bop around with scarecrow fang caps and write fanfic in which they have raunchy sex with Edward Cullen. I was talking about the kind of people who are a part of that subculture, or fetish, or oddity (whatever you mayinterpret it as) which is vampyrism.
Anyway, it's just how it's spelt. Traditionally. Well, vampyr I believe is the proper spelling but let's not get all historic.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:26 AM   #47
Porcelain

Quote:
Once upon a time, I wandered onto your profile. And I was left wondering....that couldn't be her? Too fitting.

Anyway, a few posts back you said "I swEar on mY GoTh".

And, my friend, the point everyone here is trying to make, has been made.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #48
alshio

Quote:

How would they ruin zombies for you? The rabid fans will think they are zombies/want to be zombies and you all know how to deal with zombies...
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #49
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
"'Vampyre' or 'Vampyric' = douchebag or douchebagic."
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #50
zebra

You know, I never really understood people's love of vampires, pre-Twilight or not. Like, what's so great about them?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote