Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #626
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
That's pretty cool, since Buffy is a character created by a feminist with feminism in mind and Edward is a controlling and manipulative misogynist created by a writer who hates her own cunt.
You noticed someone mentioned that in the comments, right?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #627
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
You noticed someone mentioned that in the comments, right?
I haven't read the comments, but it's not surprising that someone else noticed.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #628
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
That's pretty cool, since Buffy is a character created by a feminist with feminism in mind and Edward is a controlling and manipulative misogynist created by a writer who hates her own cunt.
I wasn't aware that Joss Whedon was a feminist...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #629
JCC

He is. He spoke at 'Equality Now!' about it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #630
Tam Li Hua

Makes sense to me; his female characters -are- pretty awesome. XD
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #631
Mir

Hopefully, it inspires women in one way or another.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #632
BaronBarker

Fuck ya jillian bout time someone tells about how shitty these books and movie finally I find people that hate it is as much if not more than me, there just anal sepege marketed as books to twelve-fourteen year old little bitches. I love vampire books that are actually good these things arent even vampire books their more like a flying pedophile pussy that wants a seventeen year old
BaronBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #633
Quoth The Human.

Hurah, at least ther are people here who aren't blind
Quoth The Human. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #634
HavelockV

"Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though of course he didn't sleep. A perfect statute, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal...I lightly trailed my hand over the perfect muscles of his arm, followed the faint pattern of bluish veins inside the crease at his elbow. With my other hand, I reached to turn his hand over. Realized what I wished, he flipped his palm up in one of those blindingly fast, disconcerting movements of his. It startled me; my fingers froze on his arm for a brief second. "

What utter tripe.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #635
Tam Li Hua

SPARKLY VAMPIRES FTL!!!11 [For The Lose.]
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #636
Mr E Nigma

You know it probably wouldn't be as painful if it wasn't written like a drab fanfiction.

I think my biggest problem with the series, (Yes due to my sister having the books and boredom, I read them, shush!) Is that everything is just rising action, there's no climax, there's no peak moment in any of the books, it's like the books build themselves up fairly decently, then when you get to the end expecting something at least mildly more entertaining than the rest of the book, you get absolutely jack shit.

These books are like jerking it and jerking it and getting frustrated that you're not getting anywhere, then when you finally find that spot, where it seems like you can get what you want going, and you get right to that point, all of a sudden it doesn't work, and nothing comes out. These books give you rise and rise and rise, then they just bottom out and nothing ever seems to really happen. Especially in the last one.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #637
Lakita in the House!

i heard that all them gothic people is reading and watching that twilight. Keisha done stole the book and the movies from that hot topic. they should close down that hot topic it makes people want to be gothic and them emos
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #638
Annwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Sincerely, fuck it!
I was about to put this in the literature section but then I remembered this shit is not literature.
I cannot believe that shit has sold over a million copies and a movie is going to be made out of it. Oh wait, I forgot people suck, yeah, I can believe it. It still does not deserve to happen!
Fuck Stephanie Meyer. Who the fuck does the cunt think she is making playlists for BOOKS!!
The bitch had already believed her idiotic story would be so good it deserved a movie. "Oh my book is so good and it will have a playlist even though books don't have soundtracks and I'll put all the best music ever like Evanescence and My Chemical Romanbe."

Honestly, fuck her. She's thirty four years old with the mentality of a fifteen year old and this is what makes her famous: the fact that she never grew up so she can be angsty as fuck and people will think she's just appealing to teenagers.

Whoever likes Twilight is either:
a twelve year old that masturbates to linkin' park
or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.
Amen to that.
Annwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #639
Carbin Monoxide

I was dragged along to see the film at the cinema. It was horrific. I nearly killed myself. A fat woman sitting behind me kept complaining about the " sad emo kids." I thought it was really sad that she was a middle-aged woman who was obsessed with Twilight. But I did have fruit pastilles and lilt.
The projector broke halfway through and I laughed out loud because the fat woman shouted: "Fucking Typical!" I didn't have to see the whole thing. Huz!
Carbin Monoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #640
the-nihilist

What the hell is Twilight?
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #641
voodoowitchdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Whoever likes Twilight is either:
a twelve year old that masturbates to linkin' park
or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.
Amazing, I thought we would never agree on anything! I also love how all the wanna be emo-children and drama-club kids cling to twilight like a bible.
voodoowitchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #642
Raynie_Lester

What I really hate is when people go on and on about how bad Twilight sucks like ranting lunitics...oh, wait...

When will the crazy pshyco cheerleaders in my history class stop getting over excited about reading something in general? Not to mention the fact that they think they are special because of the amount of pages that they have read...its pathetic yet humorus.
Raynie_Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #643
Underwater Ophelia

How is it in any way bad to be excited about reading?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #644
Raynie_Lester

Its not bad. Its just annoying that everyday they come in jumping up and down and squeeling saying they read another chapter of the book. Like, they are the only one's who have ever read a book. It's really annoying.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #645
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynie_Lester View Post
What I really hate is when people go on and on about how bad Twilight sucks like ranting lunitics...oh, wait...

When will the crazy pshyco cheerleaders in my history class stop getting over excited about reading something in general? Not to mention the fact that they think they are special because of the amount of pages that they have read...its pathetic yet humorus.
Quote:
Its not bad. Its just annoying that everyday they come in jumping up and down and squeeling saying they read another chapter of the book. Like, they are the only one's who have ever read a book. It's really annoying.
Maybe if you actually read anything worthwhile you'd know how to spell 'lunatics' or 'humorous' or 'psycho' or 'it's' or 'squealing'.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #646
Raynie_Lester

Okay, so I can't spell. Whatever.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #647
Mr E Nigma

You're also quite horrible at grammar and punctuation.

The Lego-man never lies. <----Clicky
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #648
Raynie_Lester

I'm not horrible. If I actually took the time to put the right commas and periods where they belong, I'd be here all day. I honestly just don't care about grammar and punctuation.

Now look what you did. I am second guessing myself about every word and period...great, grammar paraniod.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #649
ZyklonB

All day? Really? for a post of a few sentences? Get Firefox, it has a sort of built-in spell-checker (but it won't spell them right for you, lest I've never figured out how to work that if it does do that xD)

Get into the habit of posting correctly and it really just becomes second nature.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #650
RozzVanian

Haven't you ever typed with Mavis Beacon? You probably hunt-and-peck if it takes you that long to type correctly.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote