Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #326
Necromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain View Post
I've been fat since I was little. I always hated it, and still do.
Well, I ended up starving myself to the point that I was in hospital, on a drip, and I was told that I almost went into a coma....Anyway, I'm now terrified of dieting, because I went too far. And it scares me when people talk about dieting. Even though It's ok to diet, healthily, it's just one of my insecurities.
I think everyone is how they are for a reason....If you're unhealthily overweight, simply cut the saturated fat and excessive calories from your food. lifestyle changes work, not diets.

Don't feel bad, my boyfriend is 330 lbs, and he is adorable! He's my big squishy teddy bear!
Necromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #327
Porcelain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromance View Post
Don't feel bad, my boyfriend is 330 lbs, and he is adorable! He's my big squishy teddy bear!
aww! that's adorable. I wish someone would still love me if I weighed 300lbs
Porcelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 AM   #328
Necromance

I'm sure the right person would.
Necromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 AM   #329
SiouxsiePernova

I am not overweight, but I have been trying to increase the amount of incidental activity that I engage in throughout the course of my day.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #330
honeythorn

Right. I'm fucking sick of plateauing. Really pissed off. I've bought a pair of proper running trousers now ( the tight sort with breatheable bits and an MP3 pocket ) bastard fat! >
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #331
voodoowitchdr

I've been losing some pounds over the past few months. I used to weigh 240-250 lbs. (do note that I'm 6'1" with a large frame) and now I've dropped down to around 220. The first thing you need to do is eliminate junk foods as much as possible. A serving of chocolate once a day isn't bad, but don't eat an entire king sized candy bar value pack. Watch what you drink, avoid soda (diet sodas are bad too, they can cause insulin issues) and try to drink lots of water. I actually drink a lot of self brewed tea with out any sugar added. As you have probably heard, oolong teas are being used in holywood as a weight loss product. Oolong has been found to help weight loss more than any other tea, just drink it straight though, no need for extra calories. And finally replace down time with exercise. It can help relieve stress just as much as relaxing. If you want an aid to help keep track of this I suggest this site:

http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/
voodoowitchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #332
Duane

Duane got lazy. I quit getting on the bike, only do weight lifting now, kind of hard to get back into the habit of biking.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #333
honeythorn

I've done all of those and have been doing since just after Christmas last year. I've only lost about 20 lbs so far , 1 inch off everywhere, and I go jogging every other day plus sits ups and press ups. It's fucking ridiculous I should have lost far more than that by now and I haven't.

I don't know where I'm going wrong. I even have little portion control pots for fucks sake!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #334
voodoowitchdr

Well you've lost about as much as me in the same amount of time, but I think I've lost four of five inches off my waist. The only other thing I can think of is having a doctor evaluate your metabolic rate.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #335
honeythorn

I'm pretty sure my doctor has other things to do with his time than measure that. Doctors are fucking useless. You could be at death's door round here, and all they give you is a few antibiotics and an - on your way please...NEXT!

Seriously, I'd get laughed out of the surgery if I went in for that.

Surely all this exercise should have raised my metabolic rate and lost me more weight than this? And yet I'm still having to sit here and look down at this bloody great roll of fat on my lower stomach, hideous rolls on my sides if I sit or stand straight...

Sorry. I'm just really angry with myself and really dissapointed.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #336
Duane

I lost 10 pounds in a week, just by doing 20 minutes on the bike, dropping junk food, and cutting down the amount of soda I drink.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #337
honeythorn

Not to undermine what you've lost, but the first few pounds you lose is always excess water Duane.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #338
Duane

Oh, I know.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #339
the-nihilist

Eat nothing but multivitamins and run 5 miles everyday.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #340
voodoowitchdr

They want to lose weight, not die!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #341
the-nihilist

What do you think the multivitamins are for?! Oh... wait.... yeah, be sure to drink water too!

There. Happy?
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #342
voodoowitchdr

You can't live with out calories. They fuel cellular respiration.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #343
ZyklonB

Fat people hate you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf26XNIazS0
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #344
Pineapple_Juice

Well I'm completely excited as I've made it down to 139. It's more exciting than 140 because it's in the 130 range, see? To celebrate, I ate a bunch of fatty foods until I felt sick.
I've not weighed myself since this morning, but I'm sure tomorrow I'm going to be disappointed. Anyway, I think it'd be easier for me and less bothersome to run if I've got proper running gear-as in not pajama pants that bounce around near my feet because they're baggy and I have to safety pin to my top so they don't fall. I just don't want to get anything too tight 'cause then I'll be worried my ass will be jiggling as I run or something. I've got like 15 bucks left until I get paid on the first but I need it for gas. I'd been saving a Sears gift card since forever for a sewing machine but I guess I can use it to buy some exercise gear.
What a waste of money.

I mean, no. I'll use it every day. Bah.

Maybe I'll get a gym membership or something. Only making about $800 bucks a month is pretty rough on the wallet though.

I'm rambling.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #345
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
To celebrate, I ate a bunch of fatty foods until I felt sick.
Wait, are you joking?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #346
Duane

Some customer suggested that I get liposuction done. I could lose all my weight, and put on quite a bit of muscle by the time I got the money for the operation, besides lipo just... just... pardon the pun, sucks.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #347
RozzVanian

Pineapple, you said you were 6'. 130 is pretty darned thin for that height. My friend is 5'6" and weighs 130 and he looks rail thin.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, you're fine!
Who's that walking in the streets?
-Christian Death
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #348
Underwater Ophelia

Pineapple, you narrowly miss being underweight.
You're either wrong about your current height and/or weight, or you have an eating disorder.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #349
honeythorn

That certainly doesn't seem overweight to me at all! But if your stomach is a bit loose/flabby despite that, then weight loss isn't really what you need it's toning. Do situps and so on.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #350
odinsXson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
I'll check it later, anyways does Muscle Milk even work, or is it just a waste of time?
For building muscles you need lots of protien and low to moderate carbs.
Complex with a hint of simple carbs for first breakfast (natural oatmeal with some raw sugar) . As close to waking up as you can to get into a anabolic state. When you sleep your body goes catabolic (burns muscle instead of fat)

Second breakfast you want protien. Egg and sausage sandwhich.

Lunch Low carb high protien. Great example is cottage cheese and tuna.

Dinner High protien low carb. Skinless defatted chicken breast or 90/10 lean beef and brown rice or veggy.

Pretty much for sustaining muscle you want a 3 protien to .5 carb per pund ration. For me that 900gs protien to 150 carbs a day. To gain more muscle you want a 3 to 1 per pound ratio.

In the weight room reps should pyramid. Highest weight 12 times. Mid weight 10 times and lowest 8 times. 8 to 12 is key to building muscle. Lift slow make sure that every part of the worked muscle feels the load. Correct form is key to. Who care if you got 20 inch bicepts when your pecs are tiny becasue you dont know how to bench. Stretch before and after every lift type. Keep safe and if you dont know what your doing go to a gym. Uts not hard to get big. Just rememebr hard gains come from hard work.
odinsXson is offline   Reply With Quote