Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 AM   #6726
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Hah. I know what you mean. I've always had a complex about my height. I have this recurring horror where I end up both short and bald. Tall girls especially are a little bit intimidating - not that I'm afraid of them but that I see them as off-limits somehow - like they're out of my league. I don't know - hard to explain.
I feel for ya man. I'm entirely in the same boat as you, Manimal. How tall are you?

I'm about 5'7"-5'8". Which makes me about the same height as a lot of women, and like TallOne said, that doesn't usually end up being something that women usually pursue.

I don't know why the taller the guy is, the more attractive he is. I've seen couple where the women, was *literally* a little over half as tall as the guy. I think that's just wrong.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 AM   #6727
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I have been a mechanic for 4 years and let me tell you, it is a rare man that doesn't mind working alongside a competent woman.
Mechanic?!

....Marry me.

I've always wanted to marry a woman that I can work on my cars with, side-by-side.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:28 AM   #6728
Blushing Heliophobe

While I'm complimented, I am already happily married to a greaser myself.

It's great to see that there are guys out there that aren't intimidated by, but like to see a lady throw down.

I remember Tall in Black saying that a lot of guys are easily intimidated?

Korova and Tall in Black...a matchmaker's dream, yes?!?!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:30 AM   #6729
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
I feel for ya man. I'm entirely in the same boat as you, Manimal. How tall are you?

I'm about 5'7"-5'8". Which makes me about the same height as a lot of women, and like TallOne said, that doesn't usually end up being something that women usually pursue.

I don't know why the taller the guy is, the more attractive he is. I've seen couple where the women, was *literally* a little over half as tall as the guy. I think that's just wrong.
Actually, my mister is only about 3 inches taller than me. I like it that way. No offense to taller guys, but they are usually too cocky for me. I like em' short and scrappy. Plus, the hubby and I are just about eye level and that's nice.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:36 AM   #6730
TheKorovaMilkbar

I'm flattered you'd think of me and TallOne. She gets more attractive and radiant with each post, definitely what I look for in a women. But the fact stands that she is a few inches taller than me (I like not to have to stand on my tip-toes to kiss a woman and vice-versa ), and I believe she has a man, who, for what she described, treats her as an equal. Honestly, I've not seen for myself much equality in relationships in the world, save for here on Gnet, and it really makes me happy to see that there is equality, and also that chivalry isn't dead. (I was beginning to think that I was the only person who ever offered a woman his jacket)

I'm glad you found someone like you did, BH, and TallOne. Congrats to you both.

I'm in a good mood now.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #6731
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you, my mister is awesome.

My bad, I didn't know TallOne had a mister before I tried to matchmake you!

But you're like, what, in your late teens/early twenties, right?

Just don't settle and you'll find a bad ass girl that you can grease around with and be chivalrous to.

(Inspirational speech #552)

Happiness in couple land can take a while, less for some and more for others, but looking forward to meeting the right person is better than being bummed about not having them yet.

Any girl worth having respects herself and wants her man to respect her too, in my opinion...
Old 12-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #6732
TheKorovaMilkbar

Yes, I'm 20. Seems that my waiting to meet the perfect girl has proven to be quite frustrating (that and the fact that I'm very shy around new people), and has left me absent of certain relationship experiences that would prove quite important. I'm certain that I'll meet better people when I leave this God-forsaken town, though.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:59 AM   #6733
Blushing Heliophobe

I'm shy too, so when I meet new people I don't talk to them for a very long time.

I met my mister on a stroke of luck. Where do most people go to meet possible mates, other than bars and church?

And, uh, forums?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:04 AM   #6734
TheKorovaMilkbar

Stroke of luck. Hmm... Good song.

I met my last love through my best friend. Also, I still have school to meet people through. I can't imagine going to a bar to meet people. I don't much like big crowds.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:16 AM   #6735
Blushing Heliophobe

In order to address our current 'couples' converation and also hand down my thread jacker status...behold, heliophobe kissing hubby in a graveyard! This was when we got married. I hope he doesn't mind me posting a pic of him but it's so dark you can't see too much of us anyways. Smooch!

Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 AM   #6736
Miss_Butterfly

*shrugs* I really have no other half, nor ever really had one. It all comes to end before it even starts...

So, how do you actually meet someone and kinda keep them? [not being posessive, just expressive] or is it just luck?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:38 AM   #6737
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, I have a bad relationship past. No advice in that area, because my hubby wants to be with me, so as long as I don't cheat on him or be all crazy, I don't have to try and 'keep him'. He stays all on his own. Call it luck, call it finding the right person, I dunno.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 AM   #6738
Blushing Heliophobe

My expert opinion on relationships (ha!) is that if you find yourself asking how you can keep a guy/girl, you should probably dump them.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #6739
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:

I am EXTREMELY short... the shortest person in my whole family. Everyone is giant to me, (I'm about 5' 3") my boyfriend is something like 5' 9" and he thinks he's short. He's a silly-pants. Honestly, even if he was shorter than me I'd still date him. Height is a silly thing to throw love away over.. And sadly I've seen people do it. Korova you shouldn't sell yourself short (no pun intended) You seem like a very competant wonderful person... I'm sure any girl you sought after would be interested and flattered..
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #6740
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nix Nightingale~
Korova you shouldn't sell yourself short (no pun intended)
Arrghhh!! *shakes fist*

Thanks for the kind words of confidence Nix. Time will tell I suppose.

What you said about dating your boyfriend if he was shorter than you, I believe you on that, it's his views on it that make it not likely. It feels like unequality, an imbalance of power, if you will, between two people.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #6741
Tall One In Black

Korova,
You're such a sweet and chivalrous guy. It wouldn't be my advanced height that kept us apart, it would be my advanced age. You're too youthful to be saddled with an old fart like me!

I basically gave up on dating when I lived in Georgia. I never felt comfortable there; the people made no sense to me. So the chances of finding a compatible mate would be been slim. It sounds like you're in a similar situation.

After I moved, I met lots of people with whom I could form some sort of connection. I hope you'll have similar luck. Do you have any idea where you would like to live?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #6742
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Arrghhh!! *shakes fist*

Thanks for the kind words of confidence Nix. Time will tell I suppose.

What you said about dating your boyfriend if he was shorter than you, I believe you on that, it's his views on it that make it not likely. It feels like unequality, an imbalance of power, if you will, between two people.
Anytime! I think you are magnificent!

Actually before he went after me he was into this really tall German chick. He really liked her alot, but she said she would never date anyone his height. Oh well for her... her loss my gain! Size means nothing to me... The chance of you finding the perfect someone is slim to none. So when they get there, shouldn't you grab on with everything you have and not let go?

This could be completely different for me because I am so small. If it was reversed I would still be with my boyfriend. I truly believe there is someone for everyone. You will find her one day Korova...

*hugs*
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
Old 12-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #6743
joyslayer

Well, I sure as hell hope that height doesn't have anything to do with have a good realationship. My man is a foot taller than me. But I still happen to be the dominant one. Which is still a mystery to me.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #6744
~Nix Nightingale~

it's your cuteness Joy!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #6745
joyslayer

Teehee.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #6746
Tall One In Black

In an attempt to revive the "picture" part of "Picture Post," here's a photo I dug up because of a thread in Shill.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 PM   #6747
joyslayer

That is the kind of, poise and elegance I could never capture. *claps and drools*

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #6748
rockandrose

TOB, you're so pretty and joy, you're just a cute lil' girl.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #6749
joyslayer

Just a tad nuts. I'm cleaning out my pictures folders. TeeHee, fun.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #6750
~Nix Nightingale~

Tall one you ARE extremely beautiful!

Joy you are so cute! you crack me up!
Closed Thread