Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #76
Angelic Dissonance

OH and, it's amazing. There are like, no flames here.... But a lot of actually decent advice.
So she's not taking calls.... just let her know that you want her in your life, even if that's only a phone call on weekends, and don't stop trying. Try to be tolerant of her views while not pushing yours--just subtly try to get her to see more and more of the way you view your position, as opposed to the way she does. If you get her talking at all, that's a start.
Just don't give up, and let her know you love her. This, and what everybody else has said already... not much more could be said. I hope this.... contributed, somewhat.
I am truly sorry for your situation--not pity, just sympathy. My relationship with my mother has probems so deep I will not even begin to detail them. But remember, in any case, that she loves you, even if the decisions she makes are sometimes wrong. She's human, too, you know, and we're all slightly unpredictable.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #77
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
You know... I'm relatively new compared to the people who have been here for five years or so, but... don't I remember Ben being an incorrigible pervert of sorts? Since then, when he began posting more frequently after whatever hiatus there was when I arrived, he seems to have evolved into someone tolerant and intelligent whom I believe I respect.
1) Back in the day (2005-2006 to be specific), many of the people I was interacting with here were much freer in discussing sexuality, and I embraced that openness wholeheartedly.

2) In the body of work I have submitted to this site over the last year, less that 10% and possible less than 5% is sexual in content. But since I tend to approach these things from a very hedonistic point of view, those posts seem to resonate in people's memories more. But I can assure you that from the point when I started here in 2005, I have always submitted the types of posts that have apparently convinced you that I have "evolved into someone tolerant and intelligent" recently. Because of the other people in play at the time of those early days and the more common frequency of sex-related postings by all members, the percentage may have been different, but my nature was the same.

3) I was repressed and insecure in my sexuality until I hit the age of 30, at which point I had an epiphany. I now embrace the sexual appetite as one of the many necessities for a healthy and happy human life, alongside the need for air, food, water, shelter, play and purpose. So I express that freely but as respectfully as I can here. And I tend to be quite playful about it. If some want to label that as perverted, so be it.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #78
triggerhappi26

Ah Ben you aren't a pervert, I love the frank and open discussions of sexuality. But I do believe that in a way we are kindred spirits in that we enjoy exploring sexuality.

Experimenting (not so much gender experimenting as I dont believe you "experiment" with genders you either like men or you don't though personally I love being bi I get to sample the whole buffet) is perfectly healthy, who says all there is to sex is the missionary position?
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #79
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappi26 View Post
who says all there is to sex is the missionary position?
Mostly people who secretly do some seriously kinky stuff.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #80
Ben Lahnger

Ha! Don't put that question to any of those "family values" politicians that eventually end up getting caught with their pants down! LOL!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #81
Saya

Quote:
Experimenting (not so much gender experimenting as I dont believe you "experiment" with genders you either like men or you don't though personally I love being bi I get to sample the whole buffet) is perfectly healthy, who says all there is to sex is the missionary position?
Do you mean gender bending as in cross dressing or experimenting with people of the same sex?

Some people don't have an established sexual orientation or gender for that matter. It gets confusing, and sometimes you need to try something before you know you like it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #82
triggerhappi26

I didn't mean cross dressing or gender bending at all.

I was talking about trying bondage, sensation play, anal, or pretty much anything to explore something new in sex.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #83
Catch

Wait, did I hear TH26 say, to paraphrase, "Oh, I think if there are real issues in my life I will spend sometimes reviewing memorabilia quietly in my room or go for a long drive singing songs or mumbling over the issue; instead of, putting all this personal business out in front of what looks to be a bunch of people who have their own aggendas or might be whacko."

Mmmm, that was really insightful. I must say you've grown.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #84
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Did you just claim to be reminded of yourself by a "mysterious source" or have you gone back to pretending that you aren't Bex?
I'm not pretending to not be bex. I didn't change my writing style to cover up the old, playful made up person of bexxle. So you caught me. Oooo
Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #85
Saya

Quote:
I didn't mean cross dressing or gender bending at all.

I was talking about trying bondage, sensation play, anal, or pretty much anything to explore something new in sex.
I was asking what you meant by why someone can't experiment with gender.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #86
triggerhappi26

Oh saya I suppose it was just my annoyance speaking,

In my group of friends back in highschool not just one but 3 of the girls were on about this tela tequilla (I'm sorry if that is not the correct way to spell it) shit and wanted to experiment, and me being thee only one who was bi it was me they went to and they get all sulky when turned down.

People are idiots in highschool.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #87
Saya

Oh I get that. Its hard for some people to experiment because of things like that, you don't want to treat the person who knows their sexuality like they're just an experiment, or afraid to hurt their feelings if it turns out you're not into it.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #88
Ben Lahnger

Or, in her case with HER being the one who knew her own sexuality, she didn't want to be an experiment for the other semi-curious girls because she didn't want to have to deal with the other 3 girls' feelings if they determined they weren't into it.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #89
Saya

I get that. What I'm saying is that a lot of people just don't know, and its not fair to say "either you like men or you don't" as if that is the be all end all of it. It sucks to be treated like an experiment, but you can't paint everyone who just doesn't know like they're just going through a phase.

Not to mention not everyone subscribes to a gender binary anyway so its not just a "men or women" choice.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #90
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, you'd made that clear earlier (and you're right that not everyone knows what they like initially or sometimes ever), but your last statement seemed to only address one side of the equation ... I was just addressing the other side. I was not intending to change or correct what you said.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #91
Angelic Dissonance

Oh, hey Ben--
just in case, no offense, I meant that post in a freindly way. I think you're cool. The entirety of meaning doesn't always get across on the internet.

My girl's into bondage..... and she bites.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote