Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Dama de los Cuervos

And the curtain rises...

Good evening, all. As befits the Introduction Board, I would like to introduce myself. I am a twenty-four year old lady from the desolate-of-all-things-goth South Carolina. I work in a grocery store where I cook, hand out samples and teach customers the recipes that I prepare. Thank the goddess, though, there is more to my life than that. I love to watch movies and read. I play a little WoW and a little bass and acoustic guitar (especially when it's rainy). I play Dungeons and Dragons on Sundays and have been known to LARP, given the opportunity. I will dance salsa, bachata and merengue at the drop of a hat.

I must claim Poe as my favourite author. Other common sights on my bookshelves are Douglas Adams, Robert Jordan, R.A. Salvatore, Terry Pratchett, Timothy Zahn and Laura Stamps (shamelessly promoting my friend:www.laurastamps.com).

I love Tim Burton's film work (stereotypical, I know, but it's true). El Orfanato and Pan's Labyrinth are a couple of my Spanish favourites. Chocolat and The Princess Bride, Star Wars and The Rocky Horror Picture show are also classics.

I would love for Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to set the mood at my funeral. Hopefully, I will have passed away quietly in my sleep. If they threaten to put me in a nursing home, though, I will, so help me goddess, go skydiving and "forget" to pull the cord. If a casket is applicable, I want this one: http://www.abettercasket.com/incEngi...uct=1030191865. More likely, a plain pine box will do. $2400 seems an awfully steep price for something they're just going to bury.

My absolute favourite outfit (at the moment), is my Tokyo-stomping boots, fishnet tights, black mini-skirt, and my ripped up Che t-shirt. I blame one too many classes on Latin-American revolutions.

Though I miss a lot of things about being a little kid, I'd say the best was a general lack of worry.

I really cannot name one favourite band. I listen to a lot of different music from your classic "goth" bands (eg, Siouxsie, The Cure, The Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus), Latin music like Aventura, Daddy Yankee, Calle 13 and Brenda K. Starr, classical, a little jazz, lots of rock of all varieties, Nerdcore Hip-Hop, The Grateful Dead, and folk music. It just depends on my mood.

I graduated a couple of years ago with a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish with a minor in Social Services. Not that it's doing me a fat lot of good, but it was great fun.

I suppose I joined the Boards because it was about time. I've been into the whole goth look/mindset/whatever-you-want-to-call-it for about a decade and lurked these forums over and over without getting involved. So, here I go, into the deep end. I'm also looking for a little more connection to the Goth community since there is no "scene" here.

Well, if anyone stuck it out to the end of that novelette, pleased to meet you.

Last edited by Dama de los Cuervos; 06-18-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: found grammar/style mistakes
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome. Which Edgar Allan Poe poem or story is your favorite and why?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Dama de los Cuervos

"The Tell-Tale Heart" would have to be my favourite Poe story. I love the issue of being so obviously mad, yet so very rational. The minute details that the narrator notices have always fascinated me. I even started to memorise the story at one point. I got distracted. What's your favourite?
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
JustNSane

Welcome to Gothic.net. i do believe i'm going to enjoy your contributions here.

i like to anger the neighbors sometimes with Daddy Yankee Dimelo. lol
JustNSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
ape descendant

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote