Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #26
Tam Li Hua

^ lol mssg2short
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #27
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
Because, you know, the formation of an anti-Westboro extremist group is completely impossible.
Who said that? What a pointless quip. Read the original post, does it sound like an 'extremist' group? Tam is an idiot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Who said that? What a pointless quip. Read the original post, does it sound like an 'extremist' group? Tam is an idiot.
Alan said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You think people protesting Westboro are extremists?
Fuck you. Sincerely fuck you.
He made no distinction between any protesters organizing for the planned protests in the OP and any other protesters, which implies that any person protesting Westboro is automatically not an extremist. This is not true.

I'm not agreeing with Tam. Only pointing out that anti-Westboro extremists may exist (I say "may" because I'm sure they do exist, but I don't know this for a fact), and, if they do, they may decide to show up, which would royally fuck it up for those protesting peacefully.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #29
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
...anti-Westboro extremists may exist (I say "may" because I'm sure they do exist, but I don't know this for a fact), and, if they do, they may decide to show up, which would royally fuck it up for those protesting peacefully.
Exactly my point.

Of course not everyone there is an extremist. But like attracts like, and I'd rather not take my chances personally.

For those willing to make a public protest against Westboro, more power to you.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
JCC

What the fuck? That is the single stupidest inference anyone could have made from that statement. Why would he be referring to any group other than the ones in this thread? He wasn't saying "An anti-WBC protester can never be extreme, I hope they all strap bombs to their chest for the cause", he was calling Tam out on implying that protesting against the WBC automatically makes someone an extremist. And that's what she did do, no matter how much she insists that by 'either extremist group' she meant that there was the vaguest possibility that perhaps someone slightly violent may possibly come along and be slightly aggressive. You know, just maybe.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Beneath the Shadows

If he were talking only about those people, why would he make the broad generalization of just "people protesting Westboro" rather than saying those specific "people protesting Westboro?"

He called Tam out for making an assumption, and then did the same exact fucking thing.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #32
Tam Li Hua

I'm sorry I indicated that these particular people might possibly be extremists. I did not realize such a comment was such a terrible offense.

My apologies for stepping on toes.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
vindicatedxjin

Be nice people...

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #34
Alan

Quote:
He made no distinction between any protesters organizing for the planned protests in the OP and any other protesters, which implies that any person protesting Westboro is automatically not an extremist.
OR

It implies that I missed a "the" in my sentence.
You just like bitching about me and you always end up looking like an idiot for it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #35
vindicatedxjin

Apparently there are plans being made, to take donations for the organizations that westboro is protesting... turn a negative into a positive!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #36
Tam Li Hua

vin: That's pretty cool.

Is there a link or anything to the organizations?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #37
JCC

Quote:
If he were talking only about those people, why would he make the broad generalization of just "people protesting Westboro" rather than saying those specific "people protesting Westboro?"

He called Tam out for making an assumption, and then did the same exact fucking thing.
Because if Tam responds to the news that a peaceful protest is being organised against WBC by calling it extremist, she is implying that protesting against the WBC in any form is extremist, since there is nothing extremist about their methods, only their principle. So when Alan says "People protesting against Westboro is extremist?" he is criticising the view that protesting against WBC IN AND OF ITSELF is extremist. He is not saying that extremism and protesting against WBC are mutually exclusive concepts, nor is that even implied.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #38
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
OR

It implies that I missed a "the" in my sentence.
You just like bitching about me and you always end up looking like an idiot for it.
If I liked bitching about you, one would think that I'd actually bitch about you rather than arguing against the specific things you say, which in itself doesn't occur very often. Talk about making oneself look like an idiot.

In any case, if you did merely forget to add a single word, then there's nothing left to discuss. Other than the topic, of course.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #39
Razeal18

I find them highly offensive and in deep need of public humiliation. isin't there a recipie in the anarchist cook book for a aresol laxative. mabe a trebuce of shit or some harmless water baloons.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #40
Still Jack

Srsly, who gives a fuck? WBC don't even deserve to be taken seriously, so protesting against them is only giving them more media coverage.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #41
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Srsly, who gives a fuck? WBC don't even deserve to be taken seriously, so protesting against them is only giving them more media coverage.
Exactly - which, by their own admission, they thrive on. They don't give a shit if they're being insulted; as far as they're concerned, it's the insulter's problem if they fail to recognize the word of God. They even once traded a planned protest for an hour of airtime on the radio show of a guy they KNEW would insult them, because as long as people are looking at and listening to them, THEY DON'T CARE.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #42
Princess Sandi

As a bisexual Jew, I can only hope these people don't come to my town... Actually they did once, we all started making out with members of the same sex and chanting "God loves, Satan hates" for hours on end. They did not return to our festival the next year...
Princess Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #43
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sandi View Post
As a bisexual Jew, I can only hope these people don't come to my town... Actually they did once, we all started making out with members of the same sex and chanting "God loves, Satan hates" for hours on end. They did not return to our festival the next year...
God, you guys sound even lamer than Phelps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #44
Deadmanwalking_05

For starters I wouldn't mind seeing those Westboro baptist fucks end up on the wrong side of a Drug Cartel hit squad,but I don't think any of us would get that lucky.

If people ignored them instead of pouring more gas on the fire they would fade the fuck away,I mean the church is mostly made up of roughly 100 or so members most of which are families.

Don't sink to their level,let them know that their little shock and awe won't work by treating them as they should be treated,like they aren't even there.

Some of the members on here have learned a lesson from dealing with folks like me(though I'm no where near the level of insanity those "People" are on),now you need to apply that in your real lives and enjoy yourselves while you still can.

Just throwing my two cents in.

*Ties off freshly filled sandbag and places it on the top of the pile then begins setting up the lakeside mini belt fed in .17hmr (we can all dream can't we) aiming through the miniscule sights checking to make sure everything is good down range and the fire line is clear,then squeezes off a long burst in sustained fire cutting a Westboro baptists sign in half as it's held high over the church goers head*

All from 200 yards away baby! .... Get Some!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #45
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
The fact of the matter is they feel they should be taken seriously. It's obviously they're not (they were protesting outside of my fucking high school for fuck's sake) but protesting against them actually works. From experience, the protest outside my school was supposed to last for over an hour. Because our student body did a peaceful counter-protest, they left in just over 20 minutes and looked like idiots. I think anything to go against WBC is worth it, if just to show exactly how stupid they look.
Melly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Razeal18

I still say covering them in shit would be the best way to get the message across. Nothing says shut the fuck up like a mouth full of cow pie.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #47
Saya

I'm loving the ComicCon counter protest:

And people are donating to LGBTQ charities for every hour Westboro is there, so some good is coming out of it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
JCC

That lyric quotation is wrong.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #49
Saya

I didn't even realize it was a lyric.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #50
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And people are donating to LGBTQ charities for every hour Westboro is there, so some good is coming out of it.
Mua-HAHA! They say that God hates not only fags, but fag-enablers. Well, it seems they've now become exactly that.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow