Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #151
lady_cthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Hold on! Lady Cthulhu, you like in El Paso?
Alan-
Yes sir, I am.
I have a correction to my previous post as well: international flags get flown on the same level, no one lower. The other way is when it's being flown next to other, non-national flags. In international cases, the American flag is to be raised first and lowered last when on American soil.

Saya-
In a way, I suppose, all humor has a grain of truth to it. Please keep in mind that it isn't the presence of the other flag that causes the trouble, it's the act of replacing one nation's flag with another on the same pole. That's the key.
lady_cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #152
Alan

Dude! Fucking add me on facebook. Look for Alan Jimenez. I wonder if we've seen each other before.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #153
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_cthulhu View Post
Alan-
Yes sir, I am.
I have a correction to my previous post as well: international flags get flown on the same level, no one lower. The other way is when it's being flown next to other, non-national flags. In international cases, the American flag is to be raised first and lowered last when on American soil.

Saya-
In a way, I suppose, all humor has a grain of truth to it. Please keep in mind that it isn't the presence of the other flag that causes the trouble, it's the act of replacing one nation's flag with another on the same pole. That's the key.
Thing is, a call to arms isn't necessary because most people who have a flag on their house don't know this. Or probably didn't have the American flag up to begin with. Man, people were burning American flags last time Bush visited Canada, why hasn't anyone invaded yet?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #154
lady_cthulhu

Saya-
Most of the flags flown on houses aren't real flags, so replacing them wouldn't be an issue. It's only a problem if they go after a real flag (you can tell the difference because real flags must be sewn together and have embroidered stars, whereas display ones are printed). Also, burning the American flag is a form of protest that is acceptable under U.S. law - in fact, it's considered one of the only ways to respectfully destroy an American flag. So it was actually the most respectful way they could possibly have protested.

Alan-
You do sound familiar. Do you live on-post at Ft. Bliss?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #155
Alan

No, I live in Juarez, but if you've been to UTEP or downtown you might have seen me.
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #156
lady_cthulhu

No, I mainly stay on-post, largely due to sharing a car with my husband and being flat-broke most of the time.

Oh! For Despanan, and to prove I'm not making things up:
http://www.flag.com/flag_facts.htm
Still looking for info on that whole pole-swapping thing, will post it when I find it.

Last edited by lady_cthulhu; 08-04-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added reference link
Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #157
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
The fuck are you talking about? Mexican Americans aren't trying to take over the American government you delusional fuck.
So Al/Jill who is the delusional fuck in this case?

here's a hint look in the mirror...cause it's you...It's always been you.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #158
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_cthulhu View Post
No, I mainly stay on-post, largely due to sharing a car with my husband and being flat-broke most of the time.
Oh ok, I thought I might have seen you at 101 or the Percolator.
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #159
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Thing is, a call to arms isn't necessary because most people who have a flag on their house don't know this. Or probably didn't have the American flag up to begin with. Man, people were burning American flags last time Bush visited Canada, why hasn't anyone invaded yet?
Also where did the demonstrations take place...on Canadian soil.

I rest my case.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #160
lady_cthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Also where did the demonstrations take place...on Canadian soil.

I rest my case.
Oh yes! I forgot to mention that, it only really becomes an issue if it happens here in the U.S. Other countries are free to do as they will, as long as an actual declaration of war is not issued by the governing body. It's hurtful to us on a personal level, but it's not anything anyone's going to launch the missiles over, so to speak.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #161
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
GOOD GOTH.
All right, I'm done.
Oh god. That felt better, didn't it?
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #162
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
No, I live in Juarez, but if you've been to UTEP or downtown you might have seen me.
Jillian? It's Wolfie! ^_^

You still listen to Lacrimosa?
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #163
Alan

I know it's you dude. But nah I listen mostly to jazz now.
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #164
Sinjob

Jillian is too good to acknowledge anyones existence on the internet at this point, you see...

Though I am a jazz lover as well
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #165
Hearts_Purple

Jazz?

*blinks*
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #166
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
Jillian is too good to acknowledge anyones existence on the internet at this point, you see...
Jesus christ, tell me you're fucking joking.
real classy
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #167
CrimsonPythonidae

I know I'm late to arrive at this party and looks like this thread is winding down but I'd like try and understand this...
LenorePoe, Deadmanwalking, whoever agrees with them: are you saying that in the US (or just Arizona?) it is illegal to be an asylum seeker? Are those the "illegal immigrants" you're talking about?
We're having similar issues here in Australia and it's really bad, people here are really racist. The stuff you are saying sounds like the shit I'm hearing here on a daily basis.
Asylum seekers and refugees that try to come here are referred to as "boat people" or "illegal immigrants" which is basically a term used by political parties and media to spread fear amongst people. It's offensive and it's rubbish. It is not illegal to be an asylum seeker, not here anyway.

I'm also not impressed with your attitude on people trying to get into another, better country without "doing the research" (don't recall who said that) or doing it legally. Do you even understand what that involves? I don't know how it is in South America and Mexico but in a lot of countries that refugees are desperately trying to escape from it's near impossible to legally leave. It's not just a matter of the money that it costs. It isn't like here for example, where you can simply waltz on into the local post office and organise a passport etc.
And to whoever suggested they research the proper way to do it, are you for real? How do you suggest they do that? On the internet they don't have? Ask their local trustworthy and caring law enforcement group?
Someone else said they need to sort out their country themeslves so it's not so bad they want to leave. Would you go there and try and implement the idea's you suggested? Right.
You think it's so easy. If you were there, living that life you'd probably do the same thing they are trying to do. You would do whatever you could to be able to give your children/family better opportunities.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #168
Hearts_Purple

I think his statement is dripping with sarcasm, Jill.

*hugz*
Old 08-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #169
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post
I know I'm late to arrive at this party and looks like this thread is winding down but I'd like try and understand this...
LenorePoe, Deadmanwalking, whoever agrees with them: are you saying that in the US (or just Arizona?) it is illegal to be an asylum seeker? Are those the "illegal immigrants" you're talking about?
We're having similar issues here in Australia and it's really bad, people here are really racist. The stuff you are saying sounds like the shit I'm hearing here on a daily basis.
Asylum seekers and refugees that try to come here are referred to as "boat people" or "illegal immigrants" which is basically a term used by political parties and media to spread fear amongst people. It's offensive and it's rubbish. It is not illegal to be an asylum seeker, not here anyway.

I'm also not impressed with your attitude on people trying to get into another, better country without "doing the research" (don't recall who said that) or doing it legally. Do you even understand what that involves? I don't know how it is in South America and Mexico but in a lot of countries that refugees are desperately trying to escape from it's near impossible to legally leave. It's not just a matter of the money that it costs. It isn't like here for example, where you can simply waltz on into the local post office and organise a passport etc.
And to whoever suggested they research the proper way to do it, are you for real? How do you suggest they do that? On the internet they don't have? Ask their local trustworthy and caring law enforcement group?
Someone else said they need to sort out their country themeslves so it's not so bad they want to leave. Would you go there and try and implement the idea's you suggested? Right.
You think it's so easy. If you were there, living that life you'd probably do the same thing they are trying to do. You would do whatever you could to be able to give your children/family better opportunities.
I'm not against people that try to move into the U.S. the Legal way, I'm talking about people that are doing everything they can to sidestep the process,and by doing so worsen the situation for everyone.

What about the folks that have done everything Legally?

Don't you think that every illegal (No matter the Nationality) that slips in is just another slap in the face to LEGAL Immigrants that paid their dues through hard work and sacrifice to get on U.S. Soil for a chance at something better?

Try being an Illegal from Mexico's Southern Border and see what it gets you if you're caught,even Legal Immigrants to Mexico don't have the same rights as the natural born citizens of Mexico.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #170
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts_Purple View Post
I think his statement is dripping with sarcasm, Jill.

*hugz*
He used to complain with dead seriousness about that when he went with the username of Vyvian. Never stopped talking about how I'm too cool to pay attention and shit.
I can't know if he's joking or not this time.
real classy
Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #171
Sinjob

Quote:
He used to complain with dead seriousness about that when he went with the username of Vyvian. Never stopped talking about how I'm too cool to pay attention and shit.
I can't know if he's joking or not this time.
Relax, Jillian, I missed you.
And keep in mind at that time I was complaining that was BEFORE I had a life outside of the internet. So now it doesn't matter, now. Lets be friends. Again.

And I miss you too, Wolfie <3 sorry I don't dwell on myspace as much. Facebook is all the rage for those youngsters now ya'see
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #172
Deadmanwalking_05

1,12,1,14 - 9,19 - 20,8,5 - 18,5,1,12 -18,1,3,9,19,20 - 9,14 - 20,8,9,19 - 20,8,18,5,1,4.

19,20,5,18,14,14 - 9,19 - 1,14 - 9,4,9,15,20.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #173
Hearts_Purple

Again with the olde lady jokes?

>_<
Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #174
Sinjob

YES. And if only you were my old lady. Ha.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #175
Hearts_Purple

You're what? Half my age? I'm not a cradle robber, hun.