Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
magnus13

'ello

hmmm... well lets just copy those questions and answer 'em one by one shall we ?
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) well right now I'm going to grad school, this is not an attempt to better myself, I'm just trying to win the worlds greatest procrastenator contest by graduating after I turn forty ( yeah thats right I am OLD ) hobbies are gung-fu and painting toy soldiers.

2. Where are you from? grew up in chicago, now going to school in rolla missouri and if you dont know where that is, it's cool neither do I.

3. Who is your favorite author? This is REALLY hard for me, huge sci-fi/fantasy geek. gonna go with R.H. heinlein, maybe william gibson or frank herbert as second.

4. What are your favorite films? anything that has really good sword fights, I'm easy.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? oh no, not going through that again, been there done that....twice.

6. At your funeral? ride of the valkieries ? i'd have to give this some real thought.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? killed by a better swordsman, cheesy eh ?

8. What kind of casket would you want? cold earth please, plant me with an acorn in my mouth, I would prefer to give up my carbon to an oak tree.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? again I must admit my geekdom, I got a suit of armor, and im counting it as an "outfit" black leather and stainless, my favorite colours.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? not being freeking old.

11. What's your favorite band? oh jeez, no way. what is this a final. ask me some easy ones.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm a graduate student in aerospace engineering if your an optimist, if your a pesimist I'm an unemployed carpenter.

13. Why did you join? Well I live in the middle of freekin nowhere, I get looks walkin down the street just for wearing black cloths and my little red sunglasses (believe me I'm rather average looking for an ex-chicago goth) so I figured it be nice to find a place to post and talk with people who arent, well, would "red neck scum" be too strong ? not that I believe everybody who lives in the country is a redneck, just most of 'em.
magnus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
*Twitch

Hey man, welcome to g-net. Throw out some bands, let us get a taste of your tastes, if you will.
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
magnus13

well i am ecclectic so it would be a long list, sticking to the "goth" side of things. type-o, peter murphy/bauhaus, S.O.M. , cruxshadows......
also on the not goth side the G.D., niel young, black sabbath, Bach (had to throw that in)
basically anything thats not country and western pop, or bad hip-hop has a chance with me.
magnus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Versus

Welcome~

Frank Herbert's "Dune" tickled me in ways I have difficulty articulating with words. I didn't like what I read of the books that followed, though. I think at some point, it became too much.

Quote:
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? killed by a better swordsman, cheesy eh ?
Only if by "cheesy" you mean fucking awesome.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
TheFeatheredÆtheling

If only I had a suit of armour, it too would be my favourite outfit.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote