Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
Cat Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Oh god, you so clearly do. I can almost smell the lack of confidence you exude.
If you didn't care what anyone says, why post in the first place? And why would you even feel small if you really didn't care about others' opinions?
You're like a Randian 'hero'. You pretend you don't care about the world, that they are inferior to you, yet you get pissed because no one recognizes your oh so evident superiority.

You don't want to be insulted? I thought you didn't care. But I guess we're past that' you clearly do.
If you don't want to be insulted, then don't say stupid shit. that dichotomy of "thinking v. feeling" is fucking stupid. What are you, twelve?
Wow. That was fun to read.
I do have confidence in myself.
I just do not like little piss ants like yourself saying I am stupid. I post because really it gives me something to do. I started posting poetry a long time ago because I did care, now I know enough people like what I write that I can not care. I know that people like you that say crap like that are just trying to start things they do not have enough balls or confidence themselves to finish.
I used to feel small when I was younger because I took what people like you told me. I have had more hurtful things then anything you could put thrown at me before. Then I grow up and realized that I am better then that. Better then them.
I am no hero in any way at all. I am a bad ass and I like it that way. I prefer to be invisible. Like I said, I just want to be left alone. People like you are what I see as "inferior". You have such a rep of being "big and bad", but can you stand the idea that even after all that I still think you are full of it?
I do not care, I think it is sad. That you would waste my time with bull like this is truly irritating.
At the time I did not think it was stupid. I still do not. If you thought it was so stupid why did you say anything about it? What are you twelve? Grow up. There are a lot of people out there, yourself included, that will say things that are stupid. What is the point getting mad at it? You clearly thought that I would get mad and start something with you. You think way too much of yourself.
I still think all this is funny and I am not taking this seriously enough to put that much "thought" into it because I do not "feel" like it.
Also, thank you for finally saying something. I thought I would have to wait forever for you to build up enough courage to post something.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #27
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Stark View Post
What are you twelve?
Did you seriously just stole a line from me? Even worse, why the fuck did you remove the comma when you just learned how it's properly written?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #28
Solumina

Quote:
How would you know? Are you a professional poet?
I've won a bit of prize money for some of them and I do have quite a few published but it certainly isn't my career. I just happen to know and love the art of poetry enough to get a little upset when people try and pass shit off as a good poem just because it "comes from the heart".

You can rant all you want about how different people can do things differently but that isn't what I said. I simply said that you need to learn to edit. Yes, there are a select few people who can write amazing poems without any editing but those are the exception, not the rule, and you clearly aren't one of those people.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #29
Sinjob

Exclamation Hold the phone.

Quote:
Also, thank you for finally saying something. I thought I would have to wait forever for you to build up enough courage to post something.
...Um.

I think someone who lives in in the dangerzone known as the Ciudad Juárez where thousands (perhaps more) are killed daily has more to worry about then what some pseudo-poet twit has to say on the INTERNET about his poetry.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #30
Cat Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I've won a bit of prize money for some of them and I do have quite a few published but it certainly isn't my career. I just happen to know and love the art of poetry enough to get a little upset when people try and pass shit off as a good poem just because it "comes from the heart".

You can rant all you want about how different people can do things differently but that isn't what I said. I simply said that you need to learn to edit. Yes, there are a select few people who can write amazing poems without any editing but those are the exception, not the rule, and you clearly aren't one of those people.
I am not going to rant, I do not rant, but just so you know I have allso won contasts with poems far worce then this. I never said it was good, bad or other wise. I just posted it and told how I came up with it. When it comes to editing I do not see the point in writing something more then once. I just write it, I am not married to it. I am not going to put a lot of time into it if I think it is fine as is. The times I do try to edit, it looks and sounds like a train wreck. And again, I never said my poems are "amazing". Some are bad. Some are good. I have enough fath in who I am that I am okay with posting what I wrote.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #31
Cat Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
...Um.

I think someone who lives in in the dangerzone known as the Ciudad Juárez where thousands (perhaps more) are killed daily has more to worry about then what some pseudo-poet twit has to say on the INTERNET about his poetry.
And what does that have to do with all the tea in China? I do not live in a dangerzone, as far as I know, so I do not have to worry about dyeing and there is not a lot I can do to stop people from needlessly dyeing right now, but I do have more to worry about then if he posts or not. I do have a life outside this box.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
Cat Stark

Quote:
Did you seriously just stole a line from me? Even worse, why the fuck did you remove the comma when you just learned how it's properly written?
Do you not mean "Did you seriously just steal a line from me?" If you are really going to make fun of my grammer, I think you should fix your own first. And I think when I used it it was incorrect anyway. I wanted to put "What are you, three?" but I wanted you to have a taste of your own medicine, so I used your words instead.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #33
Alan

allso
contasts
worce
then this.
other wise
more then once
fath
grammer

Seriously, shut the fuck up. You are in absolutely no fucking position to mock ONE mistake of mine.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #34
Nightwalker39

Cat Stark, do not listen to those who know nothing about true art. For those who condescend you and ridicule you, pay no attention. They mean nothing just like their opinions.
Listen, your poetry is wonderful. Do not stop sharing your art. You are wonderful at it. I cannot wait to see what else you shall share.
Good luck.
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
MissCheyenne

Jesus fuckin' Christ, what's with the goddamn newbie love in that's been going down lately? Seriously, so someone on the internet doesn't like your oh so deep and meaningful poem, big fucking deal. If you like it, if you enjoy writing and you want to continue to write and post, go right ahead. Share whatever you want, just don't expect that everyone is going to fall at your feet and declare you a literary genius.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker39 View Post
Cat Stark, do not listen to those who know nothing about true art[/color]
You have never read Pablo Neruda. Your bullshit is invalid.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #37
Nightwalker39

Quote:
You have never read Pablo Neruda. Your bullshit is invalid.
Actually i have read Pablo Neruda. His poems are very good.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #38
Alan

You're just saying that to antagonize me, Kontan.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #39
Nightwalker39

That is not my name.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #40
Alan

Man, we discovered you, you should change the gimmick to something more fun now.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #41
Cat Stark

Nightwalker39, thanks for your support. I do plain on posting more latter on. So look out for it.
Alan, you are a kid with too much time on their hands, that is also mad at everything for no real reason. Did you ever grow out of that teen angst thing?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #42
MissCheyenne

Ok, so let me get this straight, you are calling out Alan for behaving like a child and acting in a typically angsty teenage manner? That's what you are doing right? You do realise that you're behaving in the EXACT manner you are calling him out for don't you?

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #43
Cat Stark

I am not the one that is getting mad and being petty. I think all this is funny, and that is why I am putting up with it. There is no angst behind what I am doing. I just pointed out that that is how he is acting, nothing more.
If he has to insult random strangers to feel good, who am I to stop him?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #44
Alan

She's literally copying almost word for word what I've told her. She's like a whiny parrot.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #45
MissCheyenne

Ok, let me put this as simply as I can. Cat, if you REALLY didn't care what Alan or anyone else has to say, you wouldn't keep responding to it. If you are such a 'bad ass' and really really don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of your work or what you have to say, then you wouldn't be sat here making posts about how much you don't care. By responding,you are showing that you DO care and that it DOES bother you.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #46
Cat Stark

If you mean me, Alan, that just proves a lot of my point. Where did you say that you were putting up with me? The main point, for me, is that I think you are funny, "ha ha" funny. Can anyone say "free entertainment"? The only reason I am keeping this going is to see what petty BS you come up with next. I could easily just stop posting on this thread. I can find a new one, but I would rather have fun with you.

What you Alan posts does not bother me. It makes me laugh. I really do not care. I have brushed off worse things then someone calling me out about my grammar. I am a horrible speller and I live off spell check. I know I have faults, but most of them I like.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #47
Alan

No one believes you, dude. You've literally fucking said you want to be left alone and shit.
I affect you. And you can't stop responding; and you can't even respond with original content. Christ, you're sad.
real classy
Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #48
Cat Stark

Every time I leave here, it gets a new post. So, I am thinking of just staying here.

I do like to be left alone, because there is not a lot of people that care to talk to me or are not brave enough to. If you met me, you would know that I scare people. Ignorant people that just try to please me and do not mean it, are not worth my time, but people like you that are just flat out funny are worth keeping around for no more then the fact you make me laugh. That does not happen often.
Yes, you affect me, but not in the way you are trying to. I am excited just by waiting to see what you will put next. It is a nice change to have a verbal exercise with you. I do not talk to many people so it has been a while sense I have tossed words around like this.
It has been too long. You are an amazing opponent.
If you believe me or not is really up to you. I think you do not know me well enough to have anything to go off of. I have no real reason to lie on here.
Also, just in case you could not tell, I am not, and never have been, a dude.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #49
MissCheyenne

Why exactly do you scare people?

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
Cat Stark

I dress in leather, metal spikes and chains, and skulls and cross bones. Also, I have a very morbid point of view. I scare most "normal" people.