Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #226
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
You're right, you know. I guess I should stop worrying what others think of me and worry only what I think of me.
That right there is perfect. You have the right idea. Be YOU... Nothing more, nothing less.
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:03 PM   #227
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Hey, guys, remember when you couldn't see any of my posts? Look for one of this kid's... Yeah, isn't it awesome?!
Who are you referring to?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #228
xXambivalenceXx

Unconscious's posts disappeared. I think he got banned.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #229
~Nix Nightingale~

fiddlesticks is fun! they have go carts, and laser tag...

I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
Old 12-16-2005, 06:58 AM   #230
-ID-371

Exclamation

in my opinion hottopic is becoming more rediculous every year. it just makes it easier for ignorant 12 year olds to go buy pants that look rediculous anyways and then label themselves "gawfickk"
-ID-371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #231
Blushing Heliophobe

Well if they call themselves 'gawfikk' then I guess they aren't fooling anybody, are they.

BTW - who in the hell talks like that?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:30 AM   #232
Arc_Avalo

I think that Hot Topic selling Slipknot/Korn/Manson shirts, cd's and shit is just insulting to the subculture. They promote posers! If they could just lose the overhyped band merchandise and start playing some gothic music in their store, they would totally be the shit! Oh, and lower the prices, too. By the way, I happen to own a pair of those Tripp pants with blue stitches and I love them! That's what really matters.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:37 AM   #233
Blushing Heliophobe

Boycott Hot Topic.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:38 AM   #234
xXambivalenceXx

I don't think Hot Topic claims to be a Gothic store. If you look in there, if anything, it's for Emos, Punks, and really expensive poseurs.

But I will say, in my beautiful hipocracy... I do frequent the store and look at shirts. Not t-shirts, but the "fashion shirts," as they dub them on their website.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 AM   #235
Blushing Heliophobe

You can buy band shirts and then cut them up and make corsets and all sorts of cool stuff. My belly is too round to wear them now, but the first shirt I made was a Sublime corset, with yellow rose fabric/black Sublime sun.

The prices on band shirts aren't all that bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:42 AM   #236
Arc_Avalo

You may be right. Maybe that's why they never play any goth music. I do happen to see a lot of goths in there... or people who at least look like them.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #237
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
heh? Is that one of them there screwy canadian things? (runs like hell...)
LOL! No come back! You have to ride the bumper boats with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... *follows Santarea in hot pursuit*

Arc~ I think it just depends on where you live.. The Hot Topic here is always playing VNV Nation, Frontline assembly, pig... etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #238
Arc_Avalo

That's true. You never really can know if someone's goth until you know them personally.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #239
-ID-371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Well if they call themselves 'gawfikk' then I guess they aren't fooling anybody, are they.

BTW - who in the hell talks like that?
lmao gawwfickk its the unique elementary schoolers. just imagine a documentary called "preteen vampires" lmao
-ID-371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #240
Tall One In Black

Hot Topic is not a non-profit organization created to further the cause of gothdom. The purpose of Hot Topic is to sell things and make money... same as any other mall store.

The music and clothing styles vary depending on what area you're in... same as any other store. If goth stuff sells, they hang up goth clothes and play goth music. If rockabilly stuff sells, they hang up rockabilly clothes and play rockabilly music. If emo stuff sells, they hang up emo clothes and play emo music. Not hard to follow, huh?

And I can go no further in this thread without stating my distaste for Tripp pants. I think they're the ugliest fashion concoction I've ever seen. Last time I checked, my ankles were a hell of a lot smaller than my waist - so why on earth would I want pants with ankles twice as big as the waist? However, I do have to applaud the manufacturers for the irony in the brand name.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #241
NyQuil of Doom

I'd rather wear pants where the leg openings are bigger than the waist than wear pants with hideous tapered legs any day. My pant legs aren't THAT wide, but they're definitely bigger than my ankles.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #242
Jane13

Two of my guy friends actually do look good in Trippp jeans... one's kind of short and stocky and it just sort of loks natural on him *shrugg* But yeah.... I wouldn't wear them. They just look *blah* on me.

One time he said something that I didn't like so I tried to kick him in the shins, but I completely missed because of his tripp pants.

"What? Did you actually think these pants are the contour of my body?!" said he with hearty chortle.
Wow. I typed "heary chortle"... it's late and I'm lame.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #243
Fallenfromgrace

Hot topic i checked out the website and well honestly i wud only buy the band t's cuz i like to represent the bands i listen to but nething else can be found for much cheaper not even their leather goods were good soo after i order my band t shirts you guys cud do like that pic and flame their ass
Fallenfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:46 AM   #244
horrorgirl

Grammar....please. Not all of us like netspeak,and you will get flamed for using it.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #245
xXambivalenceXx

Fallenfromgrace, I have no earthly idea as to what you were getting at in that post. Punctuation is your friend.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #246
BlackWidow

I like Hot Topic, they have some cool stuff there. I wont blame the preppies and wanna be's shppong there on the store, but then again, I understand that they do have to sell what the customers want. The Hot Topic here is usually full of preps, even the people working there are kinda preppy, I hate it. What hypocricy. I love Tripp pants, I have a few of them. But the pricing is a little high for the quality of their clothing. I am learning to sew my own clothes and have made a few cool shirts, so hopefully I can wear my own clothes, and just buy stuff at Hot Topic to use as material and accessories.
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:37 PM   #247
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil of Doom
I'd rather wear pants where the leg openings are bigger than the waist than wear pants with hideous tapered legs any day. My pant legs aren't THAT wide, but they're definitely bigger than my ankles.
Yeah, tapered legs don't look good on anyone. I admit I was reluctant at first to move to boot-cut pants - I have this weird dislike for fabric flapping around my ankles - but I soon realized that boot-cut is much more flattering. I can't stand high-waisted pants.

I have no problem with pant legs bigger than my ankle, I just don't want them bigger than my waist. 30" waist opening, 60" ankle opening... er, NO!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #248
BlackWidow

I have noticed that too. A lot of the pants I have are too big around the waste and too long so I wither have them rolled up or they are torn. I get used to it I guess. All I have are pants from Hot Topic. Good thing I am learning to sew; I can make my own. I have a lot of cool ideas too-way better than Hot Topic!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #249
NyQuil of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Yeah, tapered legs don't look good on anyone. I admit I was reluctant at first to move to boot-cut pants - I have this weird dislike for fabric flapping around my ankles - but I soon realized that boot-cut is much more flattering. I can't stand high-waisted pants.

I have no problem with pant legs bigger than my ankle, I just don't want them bigger than my waist. 30" waist opening, 60" ankle opening... er, NO!
Heh... Mine tend to be whatever measurement rides enough below my navel to be comfortable (varies according to where they ride, usually around 29-30") and about a 20-24" leg opening.

Although there is the one pair I've got where the leg opening is about the same size as my waist, but that's beside the point.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:24 PM   #250
xXambivalenceXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I found that once I stopped wearing waist high Jordaches with the tapered legs, that my life got better. Same thing happened after I stopped fluffing my bangs.

It's hard to find jeans that ride the hip and ass well. Equally hard to find a shirt that fits in the waist and the chest. And I am not even that large chested. Hot Topic is actually one of the worst- there, I am a size 13, but in a regular store, I am a 10. (My wedding dress was an 18. WTF? I am smaller now than when I tied th eknot. We should open a wedding dress store and run the sizes large so every woman/person in a dress can be a size 6 on their special day)

Shudder. I usually buy J-Lo's jeans for this reason. They are cut for chicks with, shall we say, generous hips and soccer legs. And shirts I have learned to tailor.
A black guy in my Gym class swears I have a nicer "Black-girl booty" than any of the black girls in there.