Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Dr. Faust

Paranormal on TV

Does anybody like Ghost Whisperer? I thought it is very well written. One thing I do as a hobby is "ghost hunt." I have a few friends and we do a little Paranormal reserach. (Alleged haunted houses, cemetaries, sites of unexplained occurences, ect)
Anyway , despite the fact I do that, I have to say the Paranormal investigators on the Sci-Fi channel (TAPS) rub me the wrong way for some reason.
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Demon Eyes

Perhaps it is because they do it for publicity rather than the sheer enjoyment of the hunt and research of the matter. Lousy bunch of sell outs! They rub me the wrong wat too, i hate watching that show, it almost seems fake.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
Dr. Faust

I did see where one of the alleged ghosts, upon further examination by experts, was shown to be wearing Nikes and covered with a sheet.
I really do think they fake some of their stuff! I do a little Paranormal reseach in Arkansas as a hobby and I can tell you from experience its a waiting game and most of the time you get nothing. And yet these TAPS guys get something every time they go? I don't think so,
Old 01-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
paulvaulter1

how do i see ghosts in my tv
paulvaulter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
Dr. Faust

If you want to see Ghosts on your TV you must be tuned to the Ghost Channel.

Ok, I couldn't resist that one!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:30 AM   #6
Fenix

I watch the Supernatural but if i seriously want to see some action then I'd go to the cemetary where the oldest tombstones in town are it's located up the street from him and another 2 down the street from him so it's definetly an interesting time when I visit his place and we go there of a night. This is not bullshit there IS a school my friends used to go to in town that has a cemetary next to their school building and a funeral home behind and btw their batting cages are between both. Another spirit show i watch is Medium but I don't watch Ghost Whisperer because i never really got into it.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I admit I have watched TAPS, and no, they don't always get what they're looking for. Sometimes they get a little bit of something here and there, but not a whole lot.
I love documentaries about the paranormal, and I do actively channel surf for the simple fact that I do look for shows like that, mainly because I find the subject so utterly fascinating.
There is one show that I've been watching for awhile (I think it's on the Travel Channel, but I would have to double check) that takes place in England. It's this group of ghost hunters who take along a medium, and while they hunt for ghosts, he gives readings of the place. Call me a sucker, but I love it.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #8
Dr. Faust

Do any of you remember the old Dark Shadows series?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #9
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I haven't heard of that one...

What is it about?
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #10
Dr. Faust

Dark Shadow was a TV show back in the sixties, which was set up like a soap oprea, except for the fact the main characters were vampires, werewolves, or witches. It took place in the fictional town of Collinsport, Maine and revolved around a family known as Collins. It seems the wealthy Collins family had sent for a British nanny to help raise their children and thus our story began. Im surprised:I thought everyone knew of Dark Shadows.