Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-05-2021, 12:07 AM   #1
Midnight_Carnival

Fallen London (and similar games)

Does anyone here play Fallen London?
is that not Goth enough, do you need to play an online text-adventure type game which is certified Goth with themes so dark and edgy you can't open it with a mainstream browser and need to go on the dark web to play it?

Well I enjoy playing it and appreciate the well crafted story
(I'm not a real goth, just someone wearing white and pink sitting pretending to be a goth for whatever reason)

If you know of a similar game, please tell me about it, I was surprised how "into it" I got.
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:06 AM   #2
Molster

Not come accross it but will probably go look it up now...
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:48 AM   #3
Midnight_Carnival

For those who don't have the energy to look it up, but somehow still have the energy to read things here, it is a browser based game with a number of interactive storylines.
It may have an overarching plot, but I haven't stumbled across that yet - think of it as the Skyrim of Choose Your Own Adventure books...
You have some degree of interaction with other players (limited of course by the fact that it is turn-based and that there are gods know how many players online at one time, so tracking them would be a nightmare, so they just have everyone where they are, doing what they do until you choose to interact with someone).

Set in an alternative history/fantasy/steampunk/gothic Victorian era London, which has fallen into a hole in the ground and is part of a vast and bewildering subterranean world which includes a vast and terrifying sunless sea, elder continents and cities you can only visit in dreams (in which you can die), a country comprised mainly of the perpetually reanimated who have become to decayed for normal society and so pursue their own dark interests in a huge sepulchral "tomb colony", oh yes, and HELL - hell is just another country.

I find it bizarre and intriguing, I hope someone will sign up and connect with me so they can help me with my nightmares
(in game nightmares - I don't have nightmares in real life, I give them)
Old 02-17-2021, 01:56 AM   #4
Midnight_Carnival

I actually wonder if anyone out there has tried playing it by always taking the most moral and legal path availible.
that would be challenging.