Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #5651
Demonista_Ravenesque

Ooh, all this affection makes my Jaggon twitch :P

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #5652
Tall One In Black

Mail-order brides from Russia. Hmmmm. This is strange to me.

My good friend is Russian, and what I like about him most is that he's not like American men (arrogant, aggressive, overly fixated on machismo, insensitive)*. If most Russian men are like him, then Russian women are crazy to choose American men instead.

* I don't mean to imply that all American men have such traits. But you don't have to look hard to find such men. :P
Old 02-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #5653
Ben Lahnger

Demonista, is that Jaggon as referenced in the South Park episode "Cancelled"?

Tall One, I'm glad you qualified that. I'm not sure how the ratio works out in russia, but I can assure you that there are arrogant, aggressive, insensitive men there too. My guess is that there are too many men like that everywhere, and you just have to be picky no matter where you go.

I also suspect that there is more of that in your age range than in mine, but that is also just a guess. I have always been something of an outsider when it came to my own sex and hanging out with the guys ... which explains why I always preferred to spend my time around women (well, it was one of the reasons, anyway!)

I have noticed that some of the guys I knew growing up have mellowed a bit with age and actually have become more (*gasp*) sensitive. Go figure!

By the way, the good friend from Russia ... not a boyfriend?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 02-24-2006 at 09:18 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 02-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #5654
Demonista_Ravenesque

Oh my god! Ben noticed!!! woooo! Someone actually still watches South Park!

Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #5655
Ben Lahnger

Well, I taped just about every episode for a couple of years when it first came on. I don't get to watch it as often as I would like anymore, but last year Comedy Central had a "27 Fan Favorite Episode" Marathon, and I taped every one of those. The aliens who were getting their "Jaggons" tingled were pretty darned funny. That show gets away with so much stuff you couldn't do on regular TV!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 02-24-2006 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #5656
Demonista_Ravenesque

My favourite episode was the one with Robert Smith in it...

Old 02-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #5657
Tall One In Black

Ben,
He's not my boyfriend. However, my boyfriend is not American either.

I was drawn to them for similar reasons. It wasn't until later that I realized that the qualities I like about them are the qualities that make them unlike many American men... and also cause them not to fit in with most American men.

American boys are raised in an environment that promotes arrogance and assertiveness (to the point of aggression sometimes). They're taught that emotions are for sissies, so they grow up to be insensitive. Sharing your feelings or opening up to another person makes you look vulnerable; a "real" man doesn't talk about how he feels because a "real" man never shows weakness. He's tough and strong, like a rock. Life is all about competition and winning and success. Emotions are for girls (and homosexuals).

I am, of course, speaking in broad generalities. Certainly there are plenty of American men who don't fit this profile. But in general terms, it's a good description of the environment in which boys are raised.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #5658
Godslayer Jillian

My favorite one has always been the one where Cartman (is that how you spell it?) thinks he's dead, and asks Butters to help him go to heaven

Butters- But what if you don't go to Heaven? What if you end up, you know, downstairs?
Cartman- I'm not going to hell you idiot. I'm not black!!!

That dude is racist

P.S. racism is not good

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #5659
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
My favourite episode was the one with Robert Smith in it...

you're so gawth demonista

*smooches*

*another eliter*
Old 02-25-2006, 01:55 AM   #5660
Sanctus Dei

But..but... I liked the one w/ Robert Smith in it too... Although, the Mechastreisand (sp?) episode also flipped my humor switch.

Okay so for the last few days the same two girls have been dining in the establishment where I work, they order appetizers, and then a meal for each of them. Each time one of the two girls (the thinner of the two) will eat 75% of the app (usually nachos) her entire meal and half of her firends meal. In the process of dinning she devours this food so fast that there are dribble of sour cream and such down her chin. I imagine she's in her early to mid thirties and with her size I can't figure where she puts it all. I tend to wonder if it all exits the way it entered as soon as she is in a private location??
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #5661
Ben Lahnger

My favorite South Park (hard to pick just one, but) is "Scott Tenerman Must Die", the one where the kid convinces Cartman to buy his pubic hair, and the whole cycle of trying to get even with each other escalates until Cartman concocts this elaborate scheme that causes a local farmer to kill Scott's parents and Cartman serves the kid chili made with his own parent's flesh. Gross, revolting, outrageous, over the edge ... but brilliant.

I also liked "Cancelled" just because they took the plot of their original pilot episode and spoofed themselves.

Tall One, I'm good with that explanation. I agree with you about the general culture here, and feel it is unfortunate. And it IS widely reinforced in our entertainment and culture.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 02-25-2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: punctuation and spelling
Old 02-25-2006, 06:44 AM   #5662
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I'm so excited to have sex in it!
did everyone miss this? geisha's doing the bang-a-lang!

yee-haw!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #5663
Mr E Nigma

Yes I've posted it already in politics, but I think it's somewhat random, and not everyone goes to politics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm
Old 02-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #5664
winged_dreams

I hate being sick and I hate when my computer refuses to work.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 02-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #5665
Godslayer Jillian

I have so many candles in my room right now, this will probably be my last day alive before burning

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #5666
Prof_Moriarty

I am SO DAMN BORED AT WORK ARRRRRGH
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #5667
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, no, he's Tilo Wolff from Lacrimosa.
Who's Rozz Williams? pardon my ignorance

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #5668
Godslayer Jillian

Oooo, he's hot
If anyone's wondering, I'm not bi, but I can recognize pretty, no matter who is it

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #5669
Godslayer Jillian

I'll keep a minute of silence

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #5670
anchyyy

Woow!! I'm going to print this picture and put it on my wall! o.O
Old 02-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #5671
cannibalnuns

This has not point nor proves anything so read and think at your own free will. Nor can it be considered political and why? Well it is mindless rambling as this is Randomness no? Ok well here we go a WEAK attempt at Gonzo. But of course it is not even that good but still random.......... Fair warning.

You can learn a lot from drunkards, especially if they are political. When the words creep from their mouth listen, they speak with a mind of their own, word not even from a human but a creature- the slur fiend. Creatures take form that way and that is how nightmares begin. Liquor: made for white man drank by Indian, maker of marriages and breaker of dreams but one reliable route to losing sense of self. Inebriation is a remarkable truth serum and a catalyst for regret for the intellectually deprived. Tank up a rowdy man, send him out in the world - see what happens. sometimes you might not like the result, but it is always interesting. Like a different set of lips entwined in a kiss or the taste of food from your favourite restaurant prepared by a new cook. That is how each date with strong drink is but it ends the same way, you find other lips and still go to the resturant even though the food might have not been as good as it once was. It is strange, odd and unpredictable. Though to some it is the key to putting up with the screw heads that write cheques for 98 cents. It is the other Neanderthals you watch for, the Buccaneers of the bar. the sly and clever bastards that change to blundering yammering donkeys with bad knees, those you must watch.

However sometimes you stick with one pair of lips and sometimes it stays that way or either you tire of them. In that sense a pub is a reliable set of lips, you never get tired of those. Though after your watering hole grows dry and closes or you tire of it's people for your own reasons. Back again looking for another place to seek the same comfort. Again you look at the restaurant, same food and same cook. Do you leave no, do you adapt to the way the new cook scrambles your eggs? Naturally. Bush drinks, he did the Colt 45 commercials in Texas. We can see his ears and how red they turn and how he sputters out gibberish as if he has Barbara’s hot flashes. Now Bush might not drink, sure I could be wrong. But I wonder what stories his organs could tell.

"Why yes Mr. President, I remember cruising beside you that wild night in College. Liver and Bush just you and me Commander in Chief"

Oh pish posh and wank. He is not to bad, he is just clueless at times and maybe we all are. Monkeys with tamberines and playdoh sandwiches could keep him busy. But why start on simply him why not Alito and others in higher places. Low-life swill with little backbone and umph to do more what they want. Nit pick, tip-toe and sway- what plain do they walk? Those that say this is wrong, that is right. We can swindle money and raise our salaries. But if a man steals a pack of crackers it is six years to life in some cases. I suppose today it is who you know and what you can give that makes all the difference.

Blah blah blah.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:11 AM   #5672
Sanctus Dei

All my drunkerds ever mention is scammble about is "who (at the bar) is a roundhead" or "Why I have a boyfriend?" and "Why the owner of the joint is an idiot" but to add to your post Cannibal they did have a heated conversation about the ridiculousness of the war at present...

Imagine this, a Liberal and a Marine. It was quite the interesting conversation.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:23 AM   #5673
cannibalnuns

Quite an interesting duo and unlikey pair of super heroes. Unless they both had a good day and good drinks. -snicker-
Old 02-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #5674
Ben Lahnger

Why did goth invent left-handed people? This necessitated the invention of left-handed scissors. Have you ever tried using left-handed scissors? It is darned awkward. I feel badly for left-handed people having to use right-handed scissors all the time.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #5675
Ben Lahnger

Winged Dreams, I hope you feel better soon.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Closed Thread