Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: wot do u think of cradle of filth
good 54 54.00%
crap 27 27.00%
alrite,i suppose 19 19.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #51
Queenofdarkness57

I adore cradle of filth, their lyrics are meaningful and the songs keep beating in your head. I love the vocalist's voice.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #52
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWings666
i really like them. for ages i was really into the black metal scene so i still have quite an emotional attachment to a few bands. i saw them live in december and they're great showmen. the best album's probably damnation and a day because i like the orchestral parts. the song they did with liv kristine is also awesome.
Okay, hun, we have a standard here.

You have to shift!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #53
Sanctus Dei

What the hell do we have TWO threads about CoF for? Well here's my opinion, if you haven't been a fan since 94' when 'The Principle of Evil Made Flesh' was out, you might be a bandwagon jumper...

And the rest of my thought was already posted in the OTHER CoF thread so I'll just repost it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Anyone who thinks Damnation and a Day or any album after is either their first or best album should burn in hell and die. You suck and so do your music tastes. If you have no idea what I mean by 9" red vinyl... sell your collection and go listen to Creed it'll be easier for you. Last, if you have no idea who Gian, Stuart, Robin, The two Pauls and Benjamin are... *sigh* Hey, I hear KoRn has a new album... go buy that.
Sorry if I offended anyone.. but I think your one lazy SoB if you can't research the music you've become a fan of.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #54
She_Is_My_Sin

I didn't realise they covered 'No Time To Cry'...it's not good. & in a recent interview they plan to cover 'Stay' by Shakespeare's Sister.I really like that song & have no doubt that they also plan to butcher it.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #55
NightwishCobain

Dani can sing all 8 octaves without special effects (i have been told by a reliable source *i think*lol) he is class, i love him no matter what!
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #56
NightwishCobain

wha you on about?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #57
NightwishCobain

lol yeah i've just been all over the show really, i went to Edinburgh on the 28th for the weekend for my step grans birthday joy *rolls eyes*
Old 02-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #58
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Well here's my opinion, if you haven't been a fan since 94' when 'The Principle of Evil Made Flesh' was out, you might be a bandwagon jumper...
Woah... I've been a fan of COF for over five years, since a little before Midian came out. Does it make me a bandwagon jumper that I hadn't heard of them when TPoEMF came out? I was 12 in 1994 and unfortunately I hadn't heard any decent music at that point in my little life (apart from some classical my dad played!) so I had to wait until 2000 to come across them. It was love at first sight when I did - the power and passion of their music took my breath away!

I know you were probably aiming that comment at those who've heard 'Nymphetamine' (the single, I mean) and decided that they're huge Cradle fans and experts on the band... but you can't say that the fans who've followed them from the very start are the only true fans... :-/ If you were lucky enough to have discovered COF back in the early 90's, then I'm envious - but don't pour scorn on the less fortunate souls who disovered them later! Even the newbie fans may well become genuine fans, with appreciation for Cradle's earlier work :-)

*steps off soapbox and wanders off in a random direction* I need chocolate...

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #59
Deviant Kitten

PS - I agree about people who don't research the music they listen to, though. Poseurs are infuriating!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #60
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Ooh, don't be easily offended here... You'll never survive.
*takes deep breaths* OK, calm now! ;-)

So, does Andrew Eldritch pay you to pee on him?

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #61
Deviant Kitten

I need a new job, do you know of any other celebrities who'd pay to be peed on by naughty little gothic girls? *grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #62
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Weller
not to be a dick, but cradle of filth was good in like '97. after the dusk and her embrace line up split, they became total dorks. dani filth is a short bastard that can't sing live. nick barker left to go join a real band. and sony now helps write thier music.
Actually they're now signed to RoadRunner; the only album they did for Sony was Damnation and a Day. Sony did not "help write their music"; Cradle write their own music. From what I gather the reason they agreed to sign with Sony was so that they could use Sony's massive budget to hire an orchestra and go for the epic sound that they obviously felt that album demanded. Whether or not you believe the end result was successful, their intention was not to 'sell out' as so many have suggested, but to explore a sound previously beyond their budget. So, not to be a dick, but do your research! ;-)

*sigh* I've really got to stop going off on rants about COF tonight... *searches for her sense of humour* Ah, there it is! I think I must have misplaced it earlier... :-P

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #63
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Deviant Kitten-- I'D pay you to pee on Ashlee Simpson...
*Jumps up and down with excitement* Ooh, can I go do it now?! :-D

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #64
Deviant Kitten

That's ok Logan. I personally like their recent music, but everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion. I think I just get a bit touchy when people mention COF because of all the ignorant people out there who say stuff like "Craddle suk cus there sellouts n they think there blak metal but there not n Dannys a retard an a midget" etc etc *rolls eyes*
I can see you're not one of those morons however, so I'll overlook the "dani filth is a short bastard " comment.. for now! Say it again and I'll set my purple flying kittens on you! *glares evily*

Xnguela, where did your little 'pee pee time' avatar go? She rocked! Your new one's cool too though - if that's you you're very pretty! :-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #65
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
i really do think dani filth is a short bastard, because he is. he doesnt talk to his fans, he doesnt sign anything. he wouldnt sign my brothers ticket stub, how easy is that to do? and he's like the same height as prince.

as far as your kittens go, i will stab them with my +2 long sword of beastslaying.
Well he signed my copy of Midian for me...
I'm 5 feet 4 and a half, so he's half an inch taller than me. What's wrong with that? *pouts*

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my kittens are giant, fire-breathing space kittens... :-D

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #66
Deviant Kitten

Hah, I've discovered your weakness, Logan! I shall just gather an army of short people to stand around you in a circle, staring up at you creepily. *evil cackle*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #67
Sanctus Dei

Acutally folks, Dani is a midget bastard. BUT I still love his chubby height challenged mug... hell I hung out with the ass for over two hours in 97 or so and didn't get but four words outta him... BUT he did draw a rather sexy penis on a poster for me... (I'll scan it at some point for you all) As I told Beowulf, I'm much more partical to the incredible Nick Barker... he's a wonderfully agreeable man and fun to shop with!!

Oh and Deviant... I have no issue with anyone who actually appreciates and researches the music they enjoy, but your talking to a person who spent close to 6 years selling entire albums to idiots for one fucking single they heard... they get home hate the rest of the fucking CD and then whine for an exchange because they wasted their 15 bucks...

Not to mention, when you've spent time and money to really love a band and these little twats flock in half way through the ride at the point of the most popular album and then sell the band short as soon as the next big new thing comes along.

That irritates the ever living fuck out of me.

Don't mind me though.. I'm jaded and cranky, it would just be nice to know some of these assholes spent the research time I have finding new bands before they hit start-em but I know it'll never happen jumpers are jumpers....

Not that any of you understand this but... RIP Rootcellar...Earl, ye shall be missed.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 AM   #68
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
totally uncool dood
...and if THAT doesn't work, I shall put Mr Filth into my patented cloning machine and create an army of moody little Dani's to follow you around, giving you the evil eye *maniacally evil laughter*

Of course, I may have to keep one of the clones for my own personal use... *blink blink*

;-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #69
Deviant Kitten

((I tried to post this earlier but the @$*#!!* computer crashed, so I hope it works this time!))

Well... I can totally understand your being "jaded and cranky" about the whole poseur-fan thing, Sanctus Dei. I also get pissed off with people who treat the music I love as an expendable "product", or just a temporary diversion from their boring little lives *glower*
I was just making the point that not ALL post-1994 COF fans are like that! =)

On a different note, why is Dani so taciturn when face to face with fans?! I can't imagine he's shy, and from reading interviews with him it's obvious that he's got PLENTY to say for himself *grin* ...so why the silent treatment? I met him once and he very politely signed my CD for me, but when I tried to talk to him I just got fixed with a slightly unnerving stare. Of course, he hadn't taken out his spooky contacts after the gig, so I suppose they'd make ANY stare unnerving... but still, why no chit chat Dani? *pouts* The other band members were much more friendly!

*sigh* I still love him to bits though.

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 AM   #70
Deviant Kitten

Oh, I just had to add that by post-94 fans I meant people who became fans after 1994, not people who don't like their early work! Just wanted to clear that up, because I love all their albums! ;-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #71
succubus,queenofvampires

I like some of their songs.They're a pretty good band.Besides,their Hallowed By Thy Name cover is really good.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #72
dark_virus1

cradle of filth are the greatest fucking band ever. first of all the lyrics they are out of this world, then the singing, the music and last but not least SARA she is also a very important part of cof.

CRADLE OF FILTH ARE THE BEST
dark_virus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 AM   #73
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I really hate Cradle of Filth. Like. A lot. I'm not into death metal at all, but they're like...the poster child. More than that, though, most of their fans (that I know) are real dicks. I'm not saying everyone who likes them is a dick, but all the people I know that like them happen to be.

Look who's cool there! <3

thanks. you saved my day.

Though I DO know two - no, three cool people who like CoF - and yes I also know 333 fucking idiots who likes it too.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #74
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I really hate Cradle of Filth. Like. A lot. I'm not into death metal at all, but they're like...the poster child. More than that, though, most of their fans (that I know) are real dicks. I'm not saying everyone who likes them is a dick, but all the people I know that like them happen to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by end.of.eternity
Look who's cool there! <3

thanks. you saved my day.

Though I DO know two - no, three cool people who like CoF - and yes I also know 333 fucking idiots who likes it too.
So... you both hate Cradle of Filth because of the FANS??? I hope you don't call yourself music fans because I think that is one of the lamest statement I heard this week! If you don't like the band because of the music, ok, that's cool, but because of the fans... geez...
Old 04-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #75
end.of.eternity

Quote:
So... you both hate Cradle of Filth because of the FANS??? I hope you don't call yourself music fans because I think that is one of the lamest statement I heard this week! If you don't like the band because of the music, ok, that's cool, but because of the fans... geez...

One thing, at the first. Did I ever say I hate Cradle of Filth, darling?

I admit I don't like CoF. It's not that I hate them.

Second, did I ever say, or did Ophelia, that we dislike the band because of the fans? No, we didn't. Ophelia just told about the fans and the fact it has become such a trend that dicks (like 13-year old 'goths') listen to it and I mentioned that I DO know some cool people who listen to them too. And after that I added, thinking about goths of the age 13 which I have seen everywhere these days who listen to CoF and Evanescence and HIM and whatever they do, that there are those idiots as well.

It had nothing to do with the liking of the band. I just grabbed the subject, which was a little offtopic. And why did I comment on his/her post at all, I was just relieved that there are other people than me who don't like this band.

Quote:
I hope you don't call yourself music fans because I think that is one of the lamest statement I heard this week!
Good for you. Now you got your lame points, did you?

anyways, I've got no means to argue about this.