Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Is black lipstick over the top
yes it is OTT 97 35.53%
No it looks fabulous 176 64.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #176
Cicero

My opinion on black lipstick: Unless your name starts with an "E" and ends with "-ric Draven", keep well away.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #177
moonbaby345

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I have to agree with Metis,

Few people can actually pull off black lippie.And I've seen it on far too many who can't.

I,myself prefer to just wear a very dark red or purple which gives a more vampiric look when applied with precision.Leave the black to the baby-bats,puhleeze!
Same here.I really like wearing red lipstick,I also wear this plum lipstick that is dark purple.
moonbaby345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #178
lena

I voted in favor of the black lipstick, I can pull it off with enough work, but really I think it looks better on the teeny boppers. I just wear it in the bedroom, with some really naughty black lingerie, because my hubby loves the stuff.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #179
Corpus_Draconis

I wear black lipstick occasionally. Eyeliner, actually; I haven't found actual black lippie. However, when I do wear it, I ALWAYS put some red over it. It gives it a richness and depth that just doesn't happen with pure black. Plus it gives it some moisture.

(I also apply the same principle to my art... I rarely use black out of the tube. Veridian Green and Alizarin Crimson make a supremely stunning black.)
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #180
end.of.eternity

I think black on lips isn't too much at all. It looks really good on some people. I would use it myself, if I hadn't these lips and face where it doesn't fit.

LegendGirl, sounds nice. Lipsticks with a metal shade are very beautiful.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:27 AM   #181
Suspiria

i prefer pale colour lipsticks.
Suspiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:37 AM   #182
Queenofdarkness57

Usually I never wear lipstick or any of this sort, but when I do it's just transparent gloss or red lippie.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #183
roserougesang

The nicest lipstick colours, in my opinion, are purple, burgundy and most shades of red with the exception of the light reds.

But who needs lipstick sometimes? If you're wearing an old period costume in many cases it looks nicer to just make up your eyes, maybe a bit of powder, and just leave the rest. It looks nice mostly natural in that case.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #184
succubus,queenofvampires

I was experimenting with colors right now, and I put red lipstick on then put black over it. It looks good! The color looks between deep red and deep purple.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #185
Virulent Dryad

It's over-rated. I have yet to see someone pale enough to pull it off. Looks good in pictures and in my head I can imagine it looking good on a certain type of person, but in real life most people just look bad.

Then again I always preferred pale lips so I'm just adding my two cents.
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #186
Anguelon

I wear black lipstick occassionaly but remember that black comes in many shades and u have to define this shade by topping it with purple, red, teal, blue and u have to have fair skin at least.
Anguelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #187
sparklekittie

I've never tried it before. it doesn't really appeal. Plus I have really nice full lips and it would probably be very overpowering for my face.

I do have a gorgeuos Avon lipstick...it's called Suede, it's a dark purple and apparently it suits me well.
but I tryed ordering suede from the book but it was a completely different colour :S

I rarely wear dark lippy, due to the fact that I have a boyfriend and I like kisses :P and I wouldn't want him to end up with lippy on, coz some of my darker ones stain.
sparklekittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #188
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I like wearing it. But I have to be careful of how I wear it. I tend to look very scary with it. I like dark purples and dark reds better.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #189
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I like wearing it. But I have to be careful of how I wear it. I tend to look very scary with it. I like dark purples and dark reds better.
True. My g/f wears dark red.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #190
Outside_Existance

black lipstick does look quite good on a female, but i believe it is over the top, as a male.

lipstick rubbing off onto a boyfriends face is only understandable and reasonable. but if the boyfriend is not gothic, chances are black lipstick on his cheak will be quite embarassing for him. and i know from personal experience that it is a real bitch to scrape off.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #191
PersephoneX

i wear black if i play a show, cos it matches my bass...otherwise i wear burgandy or deep wine reds.....
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #192
thetiesonyourcorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklekittie
I've never tried it before. it doesn't really appeal. Plus I have really nice full lips and it would probably be very overpowering for my face.

I do have a gorgeuos Avon lipstick...it's called Suede, it's a dark purple and apparently it suits me well.
but I tryed ordering suede from the book but it was a completely different colour :S

I rarely wear dark lippy, due to the fact that I have a boyfriend and I like kisses :P and I wouldn't want him to end up with lippy on, coz some of my darker ones stain.
did someone say Avon? my mum's an Avon lady! i have this really nice colour, it's brown but when i put this blue eyeshadow on my lips (it's not proper eyeshadow,it's from Avon but it's weird and it looks disgusting as eyeshadow so one day i put it on my lips and put the Avon lipstick called Deep Plum over it and it looked like it was a dark purple and i loved it)

I have black lipstick and i love it but don't wear it too often. The last time i wore it was a chore to get my boyfriend to kiss me but he had kissed me before when i wore it so i was thinking why not now.He did give in, in the end but he had rubbed almost all of it off but he still got it on his face,lol. If someone loves you they shouldn't care what lipstick or whatever you have on and should kiss you no matter what.i love kisses.

*Blowing a kiss all over the world* Aren't i nice?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #193
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I like wearing blue lipstick, it looks good on me. I just discovered this today.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:25 AM   #194
Delkaetre

On some people it doesn't look like a clean contrast or the sharp shock that it should- it can look really trashy and of those who wear it frequently I'd say about 1 in 10 know how to pull it off. The others look lost in it.
A deep red or purple shade is often much more appealing- it's still dark enough to provide contrast and give the mouth strong definition, but has a much more sensual look to it.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:59 AM   #195
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoniginDerSpork
I've always cringed when I see people wearing black lipstick. It always just looked tacky to me.
I think it depends on how it's worn. If people put too much on, but put it on right, it still looks bad. It needs to be just right, then it's good.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #196
transformingfate

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
On some people it doesn't look like a clean contrast or the sharp shock that it should- it can look really trashy and of those who wear it frequently I'd say about 1 in 10 know how to pull it off. The others look lost in it.
A deep red or purple shade is often much more appealing- it's still dark enough to provide contrast and give the mouth strong definition, but has a much more sensual look to it.
I agree with you on this. Black lipstick takes the right kind of person, the right style, and the right lips, to be able to pull it off. Otherwise, it looks trashy or really tacky. Dark reds or purple-reds often look much better.

I'm also a fan of going completely natural on the lips.
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #197
darkness-creepshow

Hmmm yeah im afraid ill look bad in black lipstick...i probobly will...its a 50/50 chance for anyone i guess. what lipstick looks really close to black although should look good on most people?
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #198
deamon doll

First off no ones really on hear to answer anyones question in particular exept express their own opinion on a topic. so dont bitch if you dont like what i have to say (LoL!)
I prefer red lipstick over black for myself because I believe its more feminine and sexier. Black looks hotter on a guy.
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #199
deathbycandlelight

I'd say its fabulous, i own that, along with a dark plum and a deep red too
occasionally i lighten my lips with a really pale lipstick too.
It all depends on the individual really, having pale skin for me is like a blank canvas whereas some people will find that black doesnt compliment their skin tone.
deathbycandlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #200
She_Is_My_Sin

I own a tube of black lippie. It's glossy black. But that's not to say it suits me. I don't think me & lipstick are the best of friends, as in my opinion it gives me the appearance of a drag queen. Black is just for fancy dress.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote