Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #26
MotherofMercies

"Good" racism is far worse then "reverse" racism.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 AM   #27
scarwall

will its goes really bad if racism is tought in schools, in saudi arabia most schools talks about jewish people as satan's minnions and everything that is wrong in this world is a result from them, i could never understand their logic in this and if you question them they actully cut of your head.

my school and the teachers disgusted me for their views on black people as slaves and jewish people, it was great of my father to teach me to respect everybody no matter who they are and what they do (as long as it is harmless ofcourse), it bothers me that to this day kids are bieng Hypnotized to hate.

i could never really understand why...
scarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:58 AM   #28
Minyaliel

It is sad that things have to be like this. I know how it feels to be estranged this way - I am white, half Norwegian and half German, and have had this used against me ever since my family moved to Norway. To me, it isn't really something that shows at all, except for those rare occasions when my mother and I walk down the street and she'll talk to me in Norwegian and I'll answer in German, out of habit, or when I accidentally mix up the two languages. Still, I've been called some very bad things by people here, like "German whore" or "Hitler's child", and have even been physically assaulted because I'm not "one of them" (I usually consider myself German, even though I've spent the last 14 years here in Norway), even though I basically look like everyone else (pale skin, blue eyes, naturally blond hair; the stereotypical "Nordic" look). Funnily enough, people would suddenly come up to me to ask for help for their German classes...

The only way to get out of this situation, in my experience, is to get away from the destructive community and find other people to hang out with. Staying in a group where you're not wanted is bad; better find people who appreciate you for who you are instead of what you look like. I remember coming to this conclusion one day. It was rather random, really; I was sitting outside in the grass under a tree, and suddenly found myself thinking that "well, if you don't want to hang out with me, then I bloody don't want to deal with you either". The next semester I started at a very small private school where one of the teachers was German as well (she'd been my German teacher for many years already). It was like an instant recovery - finally I was the one people looked up to. I had no idea about this until my mother told me that someone had told her that this was the case - I've never felt so puzzled in my entire life as when I tried working out why anyone'd look up to someone like me... Heh. (By the way, this all happened before I was aware of the gothic subculture, so I dressed like everyone else, so the treatment I recieved in my earlier days had nothing to do with that.)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 AM   #29
Methadrine

Genau!

Me myself have on occasions been called a 'bloody brit' even though I'm swedish. It's not my fault that I think in english and have a habit of responding with that, seconds before I remember to switch language.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:08 AM   #30
scarwall

you know i have never expiranced racism against me untill i arrived to newzealand for an english course, iv always seen people bieng racist to others which i didnt approve but when i actully were treated like **** because some moron killed himself and took hundreds if Innocents people with him, and my god it hurts like hell to be treated like that and i was only there for a month and half.

im sorry to hear about how people treated you Minyaliel, to tell you the truth i was afraid of bieng treated badly here in this website because im arabic but it seems like we are all in same shoes, only some of us walked a long way in them.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #31
dark_dragon_of_ice

Wow bad luck..New Zealand has the most nicest people in the world.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #32
scarwall

yeah they are great people, its just i went there just after 9/11 and i just think they were paranoid and afraid really, i still had great time in the small town hamilton
Old 07-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #33
Blood blossoms

Yikes. I've gotten this for most of my life. I'm very mixed - I've got Latin, African, Caucasian and even apparently Amerindian roots if you go back far enough, but most people usually just think of me as half-white, half-black - a mulatto. Since my skin is naturally tanned, but not too much so, I've never really fit in with any particular group of people. When I lived in Ohio as a kid, I was the only non-Caucasian kid in the class, except for my classes with an Indian girl (who I had a crush on at six years old, haha). But I was always separated from the others for my race. People were wary to talk to me, and one teacher in particular was quite rude to me and my parents at any chance she got, but she would turn around and be sweet and smiling to the Caucasian kids and their parents. She called me "black," even though my skin is nowhere near that color.

When I came to the Caribbean, I found the opposite problem. I was now usually the lightest-skinned in my class. The racism was much stronger in my island, supposedly because of the long history of slavery, so I was called "white boy" and bullied daily. Even the other mixed kids were treated better because they acted "black," whereas I didn't want to be anything I didn't feel like.

About the good/bad hair thing - man, I know all about that. I'm still told I have nice hair and skin by locals, which is a compliment I take with a grain of salt - it's an insult to the complimenters at the same time. A Jamaican guy I know once told me about a term they use, "dry hair," to denote undesirable people with nappy hair. So, that hair thing's very much alive.

About the blog - that person said some contradictory things. First she says that she's mixed with African-American blood - fine. Then, she says she generally identifies with being African-American, but later down, she says that she feels like she's from Africa (but African Americans are Americans, and possibly "impure" and mixed themselves) and that she IS African-American. She also seems to be leaning to an anti-white stance by the end of the blog.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #34
Cyntrox

Wow, Min, are people STILL doing that? That's so... World war 2 xD
Old 07-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #35
BLEED REBELION!!!

Sorry if my post was conflicting or confusing . Yes I am African American and I suppose you could say all African Americans are “impure” be cause I’m sure somewhere down the line their blood was mixed. But even if their blood was mixed at sometime in their families history you cant look at many of them and tell its not obvious , you cant spot them as mixed on sight.
My fathers mother was actually an African immigrant from Cape Verdi.
. When I say I feel like I’m from Africa I mean that is where many of my ancestors are from and I feel strong ties to Africa. I think all black people have some connection to Africa some claim to it.
An “anti white stance?” Im not sure where you got that idea from. I do have some prejudice in myself simply because I was raised in human society none of us can claim to be completely free of it.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #36
Minyaliel

Cyntrox - Heh. Yep, it's still happening. That is, I haven't heard it again after slapping the living shit out of a guy who called me a German whore ("tyskertøs"). I get violent tendencies when hearing that expression... I guess the main reason for getting called these things are fright of the unknown and perhaps even envy from these people. They ended up as loosers, most of them, while I'm usually successful in what I do.

Meth - aww, that sucks. But wow, didn't know you're over in Sweden... that's cool =)

Scarwall - I think most of us are open minded people. I know I'd flame anyone regardless of location or ancestry who posted racist or otherwise offending comments about other members on here. No need to be afraid. Also, I have to say, I've always wanted to go to Arabia - to me, it sounds like a very exotic and interesting place.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #37
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
Meth - aww, that sucks. But wow, didn't know you're over in Sweden... that's cool =)
Yep, so if you're ever invading us you're welcome over for a victory-cup of tea.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #38
CptSternn

Skänk skåne till danmark!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #39
Methadrine

Aldrig!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:56 AM   #40
scarwall

why is it whenever a group of white people call the black girl "black girl" is considered racism and when a group of black people call the white girl "white girl" is consider comedy??
Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #41
CptSternn

Thats only in America. Most people from Africa, India, etc. prefer to be called coloured rather than black - they feel that is a racist term.

Also, calling someone a 'white girl' in any other place than America is considered a racist slur.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #42
scarwall

yeah i mean that’s the thing, coloured people (well in movies and TV shows) use the words ****** and ho to describe girls, i don’t mean to offend anybody but isn’t that what every coloured man and women fought for so long so they wont be called such disgusting words?

i mean martin Luther king jr is my idol and i admire everything he did and what he stood for, it just bothers me that its not really appreciated.

and Minyaliel, im trying my best not offend anybody its just what i see on TV is that everybody is practically afraid of us or something and im kind of worried that somebody will hate me for being arabic but still im proud of being who I am so I don’t want to hide it, it makes me very happy that you would be interested in Arabic culture i would be my greatest honour to answer any of your questions and maybe if you ever been in Dubai I would be very glad to show you around
Old 07-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #43
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

There is no such thing as reverse racism; there is only racism. Labeling hatred of whites by other races as "reverse" implies that such animosity is somehow different and strange, an aberration from the trend of prejudicial tendencies. This is not the case. Hatred is a universal constant, transcending the petty delimitations of nationality, heritage, or religion. Slapping the term "reverse racism" on the racist mindset imbues it with a sort of elevated status, separating it from the mundane and everyday forms of hatred. This is incorrect and a product of misguided American identity politics. Again I say there is no reverse racism; only bald-faced hatred.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #44
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I'm half-Irish and half-Czech/Roma. If I hear one more Irish drinking joke come out of the mouth of someone, I'm going to scream.

I'm half Irish & I get things like that. It annoys the hell out of me. I used to get alot of stick when I was younger because I had a slight Irish tone to my voice (despite being born in England, when I was a child I was looked after by irish relatives due to my mother being ill) & used to pronounce words slightly different, along with all the typical irish jokes & insults.

People are judged for just about any feature of themselves nowdays.

Here in the U.K Welsh & red-haired people are commonly made a laughing stock & I think that is absolutely awful. There was even a documentary on a few weeks ago about the abuse those with red-hair have faced.

Here's a news article on the 'gingerism' if anyones interrested in it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6725653.stm
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #45
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarwall
you know i have never expiranced racism against me untill i arrived to newzealand for an english course, iv always seen people bieng racist to others which i didnt approve but when i actully were treated like **** because some moron killed himself and took hundreds if Innocents people with him, and my god it hurts like hell to be treated like that and i was only there for a month and half.

im sorry to hear about how people treated you Minyaliel, to tell you the truth i was afraid of bieng treated badly here in this website because im arabic but it seems like we are all in same shoes, only some of us walked a long way in them.
Wow... that english course sure did wonders to you...

What the fuck were you doing in New Zealand that involved racism? Please clarify your statement, It doesn't make much sense, especially the part about some nob killing innocents. Sure, depending on where you go people can be racist as hell towards white people but that's only depending on where you go. In general they are just people trying to wind up "No mana faggots" to get some kicks because they think they're the shit.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #46
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin

Here in the U.K Welsh & red-haired people are commonly made a laughing stock & I think that is absolutely awful. There was even a documentary on a few weeks ago about the abuse those with red-hair have faced.

Here's a news article on the 'gingerism' if anyones interrested in it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6725653.stm
I can tell you exactly what this is......they're not allowed to go after their usual targets, so they find someone else who's a bit different.

This is ridiculous.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #47
Tha Duckman

Isn't reverse racism liking a particular race more than another? I mean, that makes more sense, right?
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #48
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Isn't reverse racism liking a particular race more than another? I mean, that makes more sense, right?
Reverse racism is a term that has arisen in America from the idea of everyone is equal, and companies and colleges are forced to allow minorities in based on a percentage rate.

The concept called 'affirmative action' means for every 2 whites then would let in 1 African-American or one person from a Latino background.

Some believe that this is 'reverse racsim', as a white empoyee or student could lose his or her spot because the organisation is forced to hire a minority to fill a slot in the company or college.

The thing is, never has this ever been proven in court. EVERY case where a white person has claimed they were discriminated against and sued for what they labeled 'reverse racism' have they ever been able to prove it in court. Most times you find the person who they did hire or accept had just as many accreditations and merits and deserved the spot just as much as the white person did.

That being said, the concept still could be viewed as racist in an of itself, however, if you remove the laws that force people to hire minorities, the old, the handicap, and everyone else who isn't white, middle class, english speaking in a country that is built on an inherent bigoted structure, well, you can bet no one will hire those people at all.

In reality, its true there is no 'reverse racism' - racism is racism no matter how you cut it. Also, ageism, sexism, and the other bigoted 'isms' you can think of fall into the same general area. That being said, without the protections in place, there would be even more outright racism in America today. Even with this protections you still find companies operating in the 'grey' area much more than people like to admit.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:46 AM   #49
scarwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
Wow... that english course sure did wonders to you...

What the fuck were you doing in New Zealand that involved racism? Please clarify your statement, It doesn't make much sense, especially the part about some nob killing innocents. Sure, depending on where you go people can be racist as hell towards white people but that's only depending on where you go. In general they are just people trying to wind up "No mana faggots" to get some kicks because they think they're the shit.
I didn’t mean that i was against new Zealand or anything, believe me the best time i had was in new Zealand, i learned how to ride a dirt bike there and its an awesome place and the people were great, its just i was right there after the whole 9/11 thing and a lot of people were paranoid and everything, i even got treated badly by the English teachers in the school, and by the nob who killed innocent people i was meaning every nob who actually killed people by blowing himself up, i was really surprised by how people treat you in the airport and the comments you hear in the streets and the way i dressed didn’t really help things.

im sorry if i offended you i really didn’t mean too, i guess i should have expected things to turn that way, it was just some seriously misguided people who did these things but everybody in new Zealand was great and i would love to go there again
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #50
scarwall

I cant think of anyway to portect a person from racism, the same laws that offers a race of people possability to work creates the same thing that they are trying to portect them from, i mean things used to be alot worse in the past but can things actully get better from here?? or simply wait for people to grow into each other and accepted each other?