Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
misunderstoodgothgirl

why are people so afraid of goths

i dont understand it we are just like everyone else only we dress differently and we listen to diffrent music it is so stupid
misunderstoodgothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
KontanKarite

...The fuck?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
killer_asian_Dax

^^ agreed. wft?!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
KontanKarite

I don't know.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

People feel attracted to me.
You sure you're doing it right?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
Moloch_The_Sceptered_King

Eh? Since when is 'goth' like everyone else? I thought the idea behind goth, despite the whole fashion thing, was that those who consider themselves as such dared to think beyond the conventional realm of morality, ethics, personal policy, sexuality etc. etc. down the line. So what if they treat you differently or poorly? Dominance through higher thought, is my personal belief. Should those of week mind chose to entertain bigotries against that which they fear, then they are only to be considered 'mehumes', mere humans, incapable of transcending anything but only the most basic of human desire.

There will come a day when those of small mind and lesser intellect elect to destroy those who dare to consider that which they view blasphemous, and they will not judge by character, but by how someone looks, or dresses. Those who deal with life in a more plebeian manner will become a great white beast, and attempt to strike down those who seek to become more then man. I believe Crowley said it best, even if he didn't know it, as to what the reaction of those of higher thought will be.

'I will give you a war-engine. With it ye shall smite the peoples; and none shall stand before you.'

Await the day when 'Burn the Heretics' becomes the war-chant of the feeble minded.

Also, sorry if that's incoherent, or w/e. I get going and I just can't seem to stop.
Moloch_The_Sceptered_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #7
KontanKarite

You sounded great until you misspelled a few words.

Also, Jillian is once again, right.

It's not meant to scare, it's meant to inspire and be attractive.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
Smile

Misunderstoodgothgirl, are you saying what you said based on observations of what goes on outside your own life or are you making a purely subjective opinion? Just because people don't "get" you or like you doesn't mean all goths are disliked by everyone else.

Sceptered king: I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it really relates to this thread. Sure, the mob might wanna take down the intellectuals but gothic people are not those who "seek to become more than man". Gothic people are just people. We might have similar styles of dress, tastes in music and such but we are different as well from each other. Saying that Goths are like a supreme class is not only biased and ignorant, but it makes Goths look ignorant too.

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
KontanKarite

Shut up, Heretic!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #10
Smile

who, me? I'm a heretic?

8% stayed true to rock
Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile
Misunderstoodgothgirl, are you saying what you said based on observations of what goes on outside your own life or are you making a purely subjective opinion? Just because people don't "get" you or like you doesn't mean all goths are disliked by everyone else.

Sceptered king: I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it really relates to this thread. Sure, the mob might wanna take down the intellectuals but gothic people are not those who "seek to become more than man". Gothic people are just people. We might have similar styles of dress, tastes in music and such but we are different as well from each other. Saying that Goths are like a supreme class is not only biased and ignorant, but it makes Goths look ignorant too.
Eh... I believe we have a different view of what goth is. I don't define those of the Gothic persuasion to be better then others on merit of birth or predestination, but rather I consider those who elect to become greater then what they are to be Gothic in nature. In my mind, not everyone who thinks they are, are Goths, and some people who don't think they are, are.

Also, KontanKarite, what words did I misspell? 'mehume' is a fabricated word meant to portray the term 'mere human' in one word. Spellcheck couldn't find my mistakes, how could you?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #12
Smile

You may be right, Sceptered King, those who are Goths tend to stand out and in doing so, you are, in a way, trying to become greater than what you are. My idea of goth is the music, the style, the literature, open-mindedness, and an appreciation for the darker side of things.

8% stayed true to rock
Old 04-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #13
AngelikDemonik

I've never met anyone that was afraid of me. Mostly, they are curious or intrigued.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #14
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloch_The_Sceptered_King
Eh... I believe we have a different view of what goth is. I don't define those of the Gothic persuasion to be better then others on merit of birth or predestination, but rather I consider those who elect to become greater then what they are to be Gothic in nature. In my mind, not everyone who thinks they are, are Goths, and some people who don't think they are, are.

Also, KontanKarite, what words did I misspell? 'mehume' is a fabricated word meant to portray the term 'mere human' in one word. Spellcheck couldn't find my mistakes, how could you?

You used week instead of weak...

BTW, gothic is not the same as "a desire to be greater than you are". That would imply that Martin Luthor King Jr. was gothic. Spiderman was gothic because he chose to be a superhero. LoL.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #15

Martin Luther King Jr. was a man of limited and forced vision, and if you actually read Spiderman comics, he's actually very uninspired. Either way, neither of them had a desire to become greater then what they were. Ordinary people put in extraordinary situations. However, lets consider Charles Manson. A man who has become more then a man. His name is synonymous with insanity and debauchery. In the comic book vein of things, lets look at Batman, who is essentially a man who has used his own great force of will to become fear personified. He has bested those who wield power billions of times greater then his own, through his own cleverness and guile. Can you deny that these characters would fit under the 'Gothic' characterization?

Also, found the typo a bit after posting it didn't exist, but was too late to edit it, or even edit calling you out on it. This board is oddly oppressive.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #16
KontanKarite

Oh my shit....

Dude, if you say so. Being gothic is SO much fun.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #17
PhenomenalTranquility

I think a lot of people here who say things like "No one is scared of me, they're attracted/interested" whatever, knows they're not saying the whole deal XP

You know the way some people look at you. But yeah, depends on what you do with your goth appearence. Perhaps a romantic jet black hair appearence is more appealing to some people than a blood coloured death mohawk. and vice versa.

The threadstarter is an admin? what kind of experiment are you running around here with posting something like that? you're checking if the members in your forum's site are genuine goths?
PhenomenalTranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #18
KontanKarite

No, it's a glitch. But this thread sure as shit brought out the romanticists of the whole goth thing. Jesus Christ, they're annoying.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:06 AM   #19
PhenomenalTranquility

Yeah, but they're pretty extinct nowadays anyway.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #20
KontanKarite

Which makes them even more annoying. They should go mope off somewhere moody. Fucking tombstone hugging hippies.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #21
PhenomenalTranquility

.. Peace and Love, man.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:16 AM   #22
KontanKarite

More like mope and pretension, man.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #23
PhenomenalTranquility

Pretty interesting, though.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #24
KontanKarite

Not really. But thanks for being so supportive anyway.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #25
PhenomenalTranquility

Lol. No problem. Where I live, romanticists don't exist.